How many Tele players we got?

Started by Ranbat, April 27, 2012, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

I've got a serious jones for a Tele. So serious in fact, I'm thinking of dropping cash in the future for a real deal Butterscotch Blonde w/Maple neck. I will probably buy an SX  just to get the feel and then maybe a Classic Vibe Squier version. Who here plays 'em? What brands/versions?
Meh :/

VOLVO)))

I play a super upgraded Mexican tele. Love it, EMGs/graphite saddles/tooled leather pickguard...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

i have a mexi fender tele with 5 way switching, stock pups. my first guitar

clockwork green

Aside from obliterating it with an over the top fuzz, I could never get mine to stop being so damn thin sounding.  Multiple pickup, string, saddle, electronics and setup changes and it was just bright and thin.  It just always had that harsh, Joe Strummer sound and not that ballsy, Chris Spencer sound. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

dunwichamps

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

VOLVO)))

They're single coils. Gorgeous sounding.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mortlock

i dont play guitar very often. but when i do, i play a tele..

clockwork green

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 28, 2012, 12:16:58 AM
Oh, okay. I had those in a baritone Tele. Closer. It still not quite that classic Tele sound. For me it could have been a bad pair with my amps at the time.

Metal and Beer

I don't have one right now but I guess I can be counted as a Telecaster guy; I've had a blonde pre-CBS, a brand new '84 bought at the time, a black Deluxe w/ maple neck, a Custom I didn't keep for very long and much more recently I got to play Tom Sweet's sunburst Tele with some regularity while in our band.

I think I'm forgetting one or two, and I'll have another again; I dig 'em
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

bitter

I've yet to get one, but they are always a contender. It's just hard to break away from the Pauls. FACTAMUNDO!
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

Quote from: clockwork green on April 28, 2012, 01:16:11 AM
Quote from: SunnO))) on April 28, 2012, 12:16:58 AM
Oh, okay. I had those in a baritone Tele. Closer. It still not quite that classic Tele sound. For me it could have been a bad pair with my amps at the time.

I probably posted this last tele thread. ^^^^ my tele.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ayek

Why must the camera always be at arse height? I find it a tad arousing uncomfortable.
My drummer plays a Mexi Tele in his real band. Only thing he's changed is graphite saddles. He got a good tone with it.

rayinreverse

I have an upgraded squire 72 that I use a lot in one of my bands.

tossom

I have a 76 tele custom, it is nicely beaten up and was main guitar in the last band I was in.
"Beige rock"

beerrhino

I don't play a "traditional" tele, I have a 73 deluxe.  Best feeling and sounding guitar I've ever touched.  Every time I play another guitar and then pick up my tele I'm reminded of why I love it so much.

grimniggzy

Chovie D

main gigging guitar was a $250 mexican burgundy colored...no upgrades.

Hemisaurus

Played with a bluegrass guy, said his Indiana Guitars tele was the best he'd ever had.

he was an older dude, and he worked in a guitar place, so he sorta had his pick.

Worthless Willie

I've posted this before, but this seems like a good place for a repost.

The Daphne Blue sweetheart in the middle is my number one.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

VOLVO)))

Shane, you make me want another tele. Bad.

I love those pickguards. I'm finna see what I can do about making one. Tooling leather seems hard.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Worthless Willie

Shit, man, you totally should.  I bet you'd be kickass at it, after you got your chops.  Plus you could make some extra scratch.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Worthless Willie on April 28, 2012, 11:16:24 PM
Shit, man, you totally should.  I bet you'd be kickass at it, after you got your chops.  Plus you could make some extra scratch.

Are they lacquered over or anything? Raw leather? Clear coated? Anything? I dig it, I wish I could hook up with some fun-lovin' country-rock group that wants a reformed shred guitarist with long hair and no sleeves.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

kirky

you can buy pre-tooled leather.....