VOLVO)))

Quote from: kirky on April 29, 2012, 12:00:21 AM
you can buy pre-tooled leather.....

DIY-spirit, my friend, DIY-spirit.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

google "tandy leather"

it's all the little tools with the different designs that can cost a bunch. i should get ahold of my mom and see wtf is up with that. she does all kinds of crafts and jewelry etc and i know she did work with leather.

mutantcolors

It's not really that hard unless you want to get over the top, where it becomes more freehand art and less hammering of a stamp. Thank boyscouts for showing me this skill.

Also, Squire tele, God tone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqyHd_3-JQE&feature=related

...heh, so it's a Ric in this video, but usually it's a tele he plays.

Metal and Beer

Quite a lovely stable, WW !

Mouth of the Architect used Telecasters to great effect...
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

hayseed

I am a Tele player. I had a Nashville Tele that played great but sounded very thin to me last year.  So I bought a silver Blacktop edition Tele and I love it. It is a bit thinner sounding than my SG but i love how it feels.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

sheikyerbouti

im thinking of buying one of these

has anyone here ever played one?

Volume

I got one of these a few weeks ago:

It sounds and plays really well, but I ordered some fatter pups from ghs to try out. I think I'll install a bigsby too.

I,Galactus

I've got a black mexi tele that's my project for this year:

• pull poorly installed bigsby
  • pull shitty SD hot rails for tele
  • strip finish back to natural
  • new saddles and bridge plate probably
  • les paul style jack plate (hate that tele cup)

Gotta build a pedal board first and my budget and free time are both zilch so I sadly don't see it happening soon.  Love me some Tele' twang, tho.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

jibberish

i tried out all the teles in GC at one time..the $1100 brown "nashville " tele sang like a bell..i would get that one. i liked it even better than the pricey honey colored one like mother trucker plays.

but this is a really good argument for the honey one..i really like this kid. matt rach

another darker style of song with same tele

and maybe my favorite song of his, a slow intense deal...just awesome. more tele demonstration, and that cool squier acoustic wtf

VOLVO)))

Quote from: I,Galactus on April 30, 2012, 08:43:42 AM

Gotta build a pedal board first and my budget and free time are both zilch so I sadly don't see it happening soon.  Love me some Tele' twang, tho.

Send it to me, y'fool! I'll do that shit for a little bit of nothing/new toys... Parts are cheap via guitarfetish, cheap enough that someone with no budget can do it. Deany can vouch for my work. No need to let that poor tele sit unused and unloved. Can I keep the parts? :D :D

Check out:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Covers_plates/Electrosocket_Jack_Mount.html?renamed=true

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

JakeO))) does some serious work. mega props.

Jake

I'm selling a nice Mexican Tele if anyone's interested. It's a killer limited edition finish called Copperburst.

Put a Chandler pup in the bridge and opened up the pickguard for a humbucker in the neck. $330, shipped.

(pics taken before I finished wiring it up, but standard 3-way switch is on it now)

More info:

poop.

Hemisaurus

Like the look of the new Fender Tele bass, like the Squire TB, but with a bridge humbucker too.

I love Tele's as guitars, but they look kinda weird as basses.

MichaelZodiac

I played one of those new Tele basses through the Bassman reissue a couple of weeks ago in a music store, loved the bass, especially the neck was very comfortable. The amp was way too overpriced for the sound I got out of it.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

xayk

I've had my MIM since 1993.  I know that guitar better than I know most of my family.  Despite owning other neat stuff, it's the only one I keep out at all times.

Has anyone played a set-neck Tele? That spalted maple set-neck calls to me for some reason. That or a nice G&L ASAT...

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Tell me you have 525 dollars so you can own that piece of artwork?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Nope, got no $$ for it. I have enough solid body electrics for now.

If I had some money, I'd be picking up a fucking resonator.
Livin' The Life.

grimniggzy

Quote from: Jake on April 30, 2012, 04:31:37 PM
I'm selling a nice Mexican Tele if anyone's interested. It's a killer limited edition finish called Copperburst.

Put a Chandler pup in the bridge and opened up the pickguard for a humbucker in the neck. $330, shipped.

(pics taken before I finished wiring it up, but standard 3-way switch is on it now)

More info:

that pretty damn nice

I,Galactus

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 30, 2012, 02:30:57 PM
Quote from: I,Galactus on April 30, 2012, 08:43:42 AM

Send it to me, y'fool! I'll do that shit for a little bit of nothing/new toys... Parts are cheap via guitarfetish, cheap enough that someone with no budget can do it. Deany can vouch for my work. No need to let that poor tele sit unused and unloved. Can I keep the parts? :D :D

Check out:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Covers_plates/Electrosocket_Jack_Mount.html?renamed=true

Veery Eeentersting.  I've been harpin' on myself to get more DIY, but that shit is awful tempting (plus you know what the hell you're doing, whereas I'd be learning lessons the hard way).  You'd be entitled to anything you can salvage, but that's the sum total of what I could pay.   :D
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

VOLVO)))

I accept amusing toys like pedals and stuff, but parts are also pretty amusing... is it a real bigsby..?

Whatever, PM me and we'll talk or dont, and we'll talk here. Hahaa.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jor el

G&L ASAT Classic BluesBoy
(purchase from eyeprod)
What Would Scooby Do ?

VOLVO)))

Outta the Red Bear? Probably sounds divine.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.