De Vermis Mysteriis - Madness of an Architect

Started by Chalupacabra, June 10, 2012, 10:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chalupacabra

I run a Krank Rev1 which is basically a hotrodded JCM800 clone. I'm looking for a fuzz to run in front of it to get "around" the same tone of Madness. Would a basic Fuzz work ie muff ect ect? I don't drop $300 on a boutique when Acid King can get a killer tone out of a Lil' Muff. Also what setting on the amp-fuzz should I be looking at. Less gain on the amp and push the fuzz?

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

used on the album I believe, Riffer can confirm

The Riffer

Certainly was. Guitar and some bass. They said the Pharaoh was the inspiration for that song musically. :o
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

dunwichamps

you can probably get something close as SLO is a rodded 2203 at heart but much gainer with more stages. Try experimenting around with the pharoah into the hi input, im thinking less fuzz and more using it to boost/EQ ur tone. Im not sure how much gain the Rev1 has but if u can dial anything like a SLO might have then u can get a decent cop of it

edit: what a horrible FX loop design but ur gain stages on the lead suggest fairly hi gain

Chalupacabra

Well, fuck'n hell! Guess I'm get'n a Pharoah, that tone is so godly! Anyone wanna buy a Baked Keeley TS9? Hahaha

But yeah, the Krank loop is horrible, I don't even use it. Everything goes through the front.

mutantcolors

The Shocker

Quote from: Chalupacabra on June 11, 2012, 02:27:52 PM
Well, fuck'n hell! Guess I'm get'n a Pharoah, that tone is so godly! Anyone wanna buy a Baked Keeley TS9? Hahaha

But yeah, the Krank loop is horrible, I don't even use it. Everything goes through the front.

Dude, check the for sale thread...