Main Menu

BKP Warpigs

Started by showdown, June 16, 2012, 03:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

showdown

Just got a great deal on a set of used Warpigs... They might be a little too hot for me, but I'll buy them anyway. Anybody tried running them in parallel or split coil? Do they clean up well by rolling down the volume on the guitar?

VOLVO)))

Depends on if you sell them to me if you don't like them, or not... :)

They're super clear and super articulate. Hot, hot, hot... super clean will be hard, but doable... how good of a deal?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

showdown

$135 for the pair, not too bad. I'll probably get that back if I decide to sell them :)

They'll be going in a Squier VM Tele. I won't be needing SUPER cleans with this guitar, mostly thick overdrive, but it's nice to have a little versatility :)

clockwork green

I have two sets and on one of them I have coil tapping. The single coil sounds are pretty good and for hot pickups they don't sound overly gainy like many high output pickups.  They're big and punchy rather than pushed sounding. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Corey Y

I have one in the bridge of my LP and, as was already said, even though it's high output it's very clear and articulate. No experience with it coil tapped or cleaned up, but I have used it for medium gain overdrive and it sounded just as good as with high gain distortion or fuzz.

showdown

Installed them last night and tested through my small 5W tube amp. Sounds promising with medium and high gain settings. Very big and articulate as some said, and not as insanely hot as I feared :) I'll get some switches so I can run them series/parallel/single too.

clockwork green

Did you get AlNiCo or Ceramic magnets? I forgot to mention that I've only used AlNiCo.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

showdown

It's the alnico version, the ceramics would probably be too much :)

Now I'm just waiting for the Pharaoh fuzz to arrive...

apekillman

i own a les paul with BKP warpigs -> BATW pharoah -> 78 OR120 -> 4x12 of vintage 30s = boner!

FrankenFretter

Bare Knuckle pickups are outstanding. I have a set of Mules in my Hell Bender. Nice bite, very articulate, and mean as Hell sounding.

100_2276 by FrankenFretter, on Flickr
- Sean