Any hoser bands here? Canada eh...

Started by skydogdiesel, June 18, 2012, 12:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skydogdiesel

We're located in toronto and are looking for other heavy/psych bands to join the family. Preferably you're in toronto or close to.  We're really trying to build a community of bands, artists, dancers, studio gurus, etc that we can pool resources with.  We've had a couple of improv body-paint/hula-hoop dancers preform during our set and it went over awesome.  i think the girls got more love than we did! at our next show we're having a liquid-light show!  come on peeps i know youre out there. get at me and let's kick this mother out!!

it's building slowly........
grandma always said the money's in dick and fart jokes...

Baltar

Full on, Chris.  Hopefully we'll be playing with you cats soon. 
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

bass sic

Um, I think your looking to kick this mother OOT.

skydogdiesel

and aboooooot!!  TAKE OFF HOSE HEAD!

skydogdiesel

oh yea and this too:  Fer fucks saik, ef ye dinnae hauv naut te sai, taiten ur mooth like a dolphins sphincter

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

mortlock

im in..ill drive to toronto for a show and trade you one as well if you are willing to come to rochester ny..

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

skydogdiesel

nice touch with the mackenzie bros and geddy brennan. i've seen both episodes old and new.  seriously though, if you guys want to play a show july 28th with us it's yours.

@mortlock:  we'd be down for sure.  just have to sort out the legalities and shit and scheduling of course.  isn't blizarro from rochester?

mortlock

yes blizzaro is from rochester..played a show with them last december. i know john from hanging around the scene and record store he works at.. probably could set up a cool show with the proper notice.

skydogdiesel

i'll ask the boys this weekend when we jam if they wanna play rochester.  should be fine.  i think the hardest part is going to be getting across the border.

nightterrors

I live In Niagara and just started a band not too long ago with 2 friends. Not our first from around here either. We have a couple of songs, recording them soon! Canada EH!

jibberish

track down monobrow.  at least one of them used to post on old sr com. furthermore, they are a smooth band. they should be on the radio. great doom riffrock, but way smooth. chck out their myspace or wtf.

and kick widget in the can to put karmadoza back together......

skydogdiesel

yea monobrow is indeed righteous-and we are mutually aware and supportive of each other.  we are trying to organize a show in ottawa this year with them and a local radio station.  but our procrastination skills are top knotch hehe. 

i kind of remember widget too.  did they have a chick guitar player/singer? if so, then yea, our second show was with her newer band.  if not, nevermind then.....never heard of karmadoza though.

are you in canada?

jibberish

im 55miles from canada, windsor canada to be exact. except on the south side of the lake heh.

yes widget has a ton of past and present projects. i am not up to speed at all.  the karmadoza was with the female singer, and i think they did a ton of B-52 covers besides their cool riffrock album. realistically that band was done a while ago and may not happen again, but i have given him shit about more karmadoza for w/e 5 years already so why stop now.

i have a puddy album and basically the entire rush catalog.   oh yeah and some voivod, but sorry no avril lavigne or justin bieber. so i guess i better take off eh? heh.   

Pissy

Whenever I go to Canada, all I see is foreigners. 
Vinyls.   deal.

bass sic

I still can't grasp the language. But I love going there.

skydogdiesel

what about electric magma, sons of otis, black mountain, sheavy,quest for fire, blood cermony?!-4/5 of those bands are from my city-toronto! 

nightterrors

Quote from: skydogdiesel on June 26, 2012, 06:39:05 PM
what about electric magma, sons of otis, black mountain, sheavy,quest for fire, blood cermony?!-4/5 of those bands are from my city-toronto! 

all great bands!

skydogdiesel

@Mortlock:

So a guy got a hold of me through our facebook page and says he's from the states and would love to see us play the states sometime.  He said he was just east of buffalo. And when i mentioned that we were considering booking a show down in rochester he's like ," no way! i'm from rochester!".   So we're taking this as a sign to play the almighty rochester.  he mentioned the bug jar and the club at water street as being good ones.  so whaddya say we try and kick dis mudder oot and get er goin eh?