Main Menu

How much is too much?

Started by +--Stonah--+, June 20, 2012, 09:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

+--Stonah--+

Hey guys!
I'm not a regular with posts over here, been a member on SR forum also, kind of lacking time etc...
But i pop to see what's going on  ;)

Anyway, i wanted to ask you gear experts first before i make my choice.
I got my eyes on a laney klipp 100 in a really great condition, so how much is too much to pay for it?
How much would you give for it?

P.S. I'm still waiting for that guy to come with a price so i wanted to be a bit more educated when he calls me!

Thanx in advance!
...One Riff To Rule Them All...

dunwichamps

they are heavily price gouged right now. If its really in solid condition, has been recently recapped, teched and retubed then id say 800 but otherwise way less if you need to add any work into it.

Cursed71

I just bought one for $700, that is in great shape recapped, retubed etc.  But it blows fuses after jamming for 5 minutes or so.  Make sure you try it out, and that it plays for more than 5 minutes without any issues.

Mr. Foxen

I'm heavily price gouging them right now. They used a variety of kind of shitty caps in the filtering, so that will pretty much always need doing or they'll blow fuses.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on June 20, 2012, 01:54:55 PM
I'm heavily price gouging them right now. They used a variety of kind of shitty caps in the filtering, so that will pretty much always need doing or they'll blow fuses.

^^^^ this is the guy to talk to about anything from across the pond, he pretty much controls the market on the fuckin' things, these days. He's good people, though.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

+--Stonah--+

Ok...so i got the call from that guy and he's trying to sell it to me for 1500 bucks.
That's like a bit too much ain't it!?

Mr. Foxen

Could buy my tatty, but recapped in original cover for £600 +£120 shipping which I'd guess still works out cheaper.

moose23

Baltar

That's a grip, that would be a great price on a Matamp, but not a Laney.  Unless it was dead-mint with brand new JJ's and Iommi's sig on it.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

+--Stonah--+

Quote from: Baltar on June 21, 2012, 07:35:06 AM
That's a grip, that would be a great price on a Matamp, but not a Laney.  Unless it was dead-mint with brand new JJ's and Iommi's sig on it.

And ofcourse it's not all that ;D
Yeah, the guy is insane...skipping this one...
Sooo anyone got a matamp for that price that he doesn't need  :P

apekillman

i might sell my white mat amp GTO for the right price.  i don't play it and have way more shit than i ever need.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: apekillman on June 21, 2012, 09:43:43 PM
i might sell my white mat amp GTO for the right price.  i don't play it and have way more shit than i ever need.

Trade ya a Red knob T for it... :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

apekillman

If it doesn't have the mid boost switch I will.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

apekillman

No mid switch?  A first gen. in transition to the red logos?   Send me some pics.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: apekillman on June 24, 2012, 10:58:39 AM
No mid switch?  A first gen. in transition to the red logos?   Send me some pics.

No, it's second gen, lol, it's just not a boost switch. :\ Sounds killer, though. I was being partly facetious because I didn't think you'd even acknowledge it.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

apekillman

The second generations have the mid boost switch.  I'm not talking about the fender model t.  That is not even part of the family.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: apekillman on June 24, 2012, 10:16:52 PM
The second generations have the mid boost switch.  I'm not talking about the fender model t.  That is not even part of the family.

It isn't a boost, fool! It's a "shift," technically. :D I'm just nitpicking you.

^^^^ that's my T, the one you don't want. I really, REALLY wish I had a first gen currently, because I'd be mailing that fucker to you.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

apekillman

Yep, that's a second gen.  I have one of those.  Thanks for the offer though.

Jake

Wait. Why are you unloading your T, AlsoJakeO)))...? I thought that was the pot of gold at the end of your tone rainbow?

Apey – just how much for that goddamn Matamp? Don't be coy.
poop.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Jake on June 25, 2012, 12:00:51 AM
Wait. Why are you unloading your T, AlsoJakeO)))...? I thought that was the pot of gold at the end of your tone rainbow?

Apey – just how much for that goddamn Matamp? Don't be coy.

T's can be found... Matamps, in white, owned by somebody who isn't a complete fucking retard (questionable,) not so much...

I'll get another T, haha, I wanted that sombitch.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

apekillman

Oh, I'm a complete fucking retard!   No question.  I was gonna unload it to burns from rue.  Haven't heard from him in awhile.  A local buddy is interested, so I offered him the head and a newer orange 4x12 for 2 grand.  I am having some cement poured tomorrow, so I do need some cash.  Make some offers.  I was gonna actually snap some pics and offer it to yous guys.

Jake

Some sexy pics would certainly help lubricate my trigger finger.

You realize that you're effectively trading a Matamp for a sidewalk, right? That makes you officially old and shit.
poop.

apekillman

Metal and Beer

Christ, doesn't Burns already have 24 amps of known badassery ?   :D
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"