Eastwood do the non-reverse T'Bird

Started by Hemisaurus, June 25, 2012, 01:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

I bought an Eastwood Stormbird guitar (NR Firebird Knockoff) 7 or 8 years ago.

That was the last time I took Jake's (Burt, not Bopp) advice about guitar quality.

That axe straight up sucked—noisy as hell, dead like driftwood, shit electronics, shit build/finish quality. In short: a piece of shit.

I'll take a wild guess that Jake Reynolds no longer owns his, either.
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

I want one of those sawdust Gibby customs he has.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Quote from: RacerX on June 25, 2012, 02:05:19 PM
I bought an Eastwood Stormbird guitar (NR Firebird Knockoff) 7 or 8 years ago.

That was the last time I took Jake's (Burt, not Bopp) advice about guitar quality.

That axe straight up sucked—noisy as hell, dead like driftwood, shit electronics, shit build/finish quality. In short: a piece of shit.

I'll take a wild guess that Jake Reynolds no longer owns his, either.

Bummer. Sorry you feel that way. I only very recently parted with it – and only because I somewhat ruined it by trying to strip/refinish it. Traded it for a total overhaul of my Earth G2000 amp, which I will use for bass now. I goddamn loved that fiddle. It sang like bird in my hand and with my setup (no pun intended).

The tech I traded it to ended up refinishing it like a rat rod as a gift to his brother in law. I will ask him for pictures.
poop.

Jake

Oh, also I ended up committing to a Gibson non-reverse based on my positive experiences with the Eastwood. What I mean by that are things like the way FBirds are shifted to your left when playing, access to the knobs (they're BIG bodies), the way it sits on your shoulder, etc., etc.
poop.

Pissy

Quote from: Jake on June 25, 2012, 02:37:18 PM
Oh, also I ended up committing to a Gibson non-reverse based on my positive experiences with the Eastwood. What I mean by that are things like the way FBirds are shifted to your left when playing, access to the knobs (they're BIG bodies), the way it sits on your shoulder, etc., etc.

Aah...  I can tell that I personally wouldn't care for one then.  V's, Explorers and now this seem to have that left shifted playing area in common.  Thanks for this little piece of info.
Vinyls.   deal.

taylo)))r

I had an eastwood supro. It was all right. Super noisy, even after I tried a few different pickups, but that might have been because of the tone chamber. Short scale, which bothered me. Not a bad guitar, but not great either. I liked the neck.
(insert interesting quote)

RacerX

Quote from: Pissy on June 26, 2012, 07:33:39 AM
Quote from: Jake on June 25, 2012, 02:37:18 PM

Aah...  I can tell that I personally wouldn't care for one then.  V's, Explorers and now this seem to have that left shifted playing area in common.  Thanks for this little piece of info.

To clarify, I think he's saying the non-reverses don't shift left; the reverse ones do.

That's been my experience, anyhow.
Livin' The Life.