Blatant self-promtion (my band's demo)

Started by Pundan, June 27, 2012, 11:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pundan

Hi,
Back in February we sacked our old drummer (I had a thread going on about it). Our new drummer works as a freelance music producer which means he's got a whole studio for himself at home.
The demo is recorded the 5th time we rehearsed together, and it's the first vocal performance I've ever done. Anyway, here it is: http://snailking.bandcamp.com.

Two of the songs are 2 years old, we're working on new material, this was just a demo for fun.

mortlock

awesome..

my band has a few cool things in the works to come out this fall..not that im trying to jack the thread, but i fugured while we were on the subject of band releases..
we are doing a split 6" lathe cut record..limited to 50 copies and a split 12" lp limited to 100 copies..ill have these avail and will be spamming the crap out of them here when they come out.

Krevic

Don't believe I've ever heard of a 6" record, but that's cool. Who's pressing that?

mortlock

Pundan

Quote from: zachoff on June 29, 2012, 12:23:33 AM
This is rad.  Thanks.
Thanks man. We've gotten some awesome feedback from this recording. I put it on Reddit and the same day we had 800 plays and the day after a record label contacted us. This past week has been really weird all in all. :) Hopefully we'll come to an agreement with a label to put this demo out on vinyl and/or CD pretty soon. The label wants to work with us in the longer term and all that which is very, very nice.

clockwork green

Very cool...just bought it.  I don't hear much doom these days that actually interests me but good riffs and good tones are always what I'm looking for. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Jake

Your music is quite good and made me go out and buy a phaser.
poop.

clockwork green

You should have upgraded to the full on photon canon.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

everdrone

awesomeness, reminds me a bit of YOB but I like the vocal tones here alot better, better that I can hear the singer hitting notes too imho

hisheroisjon

Pundan

Quote from: Jake on July 08, 2012, 05:19:35 PM
Your music is quite good and made me go out and buy a phaser.
Haha, best fucking feedback ever! That'd be the Whirlwind Orange Box my friend.

Pundan

Quote from: clockwork green on July 08, 2012, 02:46:46 PM
Very cool...just bought it.  I don't hear much doom these days that actually interests me but good riffs and good tones are always what I'm looking for. 
Thanks, that means a lot!

khoomeizhi

Quote from: mortlock on June 28, 2012, 11:34:06 PM
Quote from: Krevic on June 28, 2012, 07:07:33 AM
Don't believe I've ever heard of a 6" record, but that's cool. Who's pressing that?
http://corporaterecords.biz/

awesome. that's my buddy adam in brooklyn. i've watched that lathe in action.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Harm

Nice songs and the mixing is done well too. The kick-drum has sort of a metal sound which blends great with the music.
More faithfulfew right here.

dunwichamps

linked it on the fb page. I dig it, i can hear the yob-esque feel to it which i dig.

Pundan

Quote from: Harm on July 09, 2012, 03:10:46 PM
Nice songs and the mixing is done well too. The kick-drum has sort of a metal sound which blends great with the music.
Thanks, all the credit goes to our drummer on that one, he's the one with any knowledge of how-to in that area. He owns the studio (we use his bedroom as live room).

tossom

Quote from: everdrone on July 08, 2012, 08:52:53 PM
awesomeness, reminds me a bit of YOB but I like the vocal tones here alot better, better that I can hear the singer hitting notes too imho

The vocals are way way better than YOB!  Cool riffs and like the mix, not surprised you guys are picking up attention.  Facebook like 99 :)
"Beige rock"