Main Menu

Sasquatch

Started by crawling chaos, July 13, 2012, 12:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crawling chaos

Is there anybody out there that can identify what fuzz box / gear Keith Gibbs from Sasquatch uses? I know he plays Orange amps and Les Pauls, but I'm more interested in his fuzz sound.

nevermind - found it

The Shocker

So what is he using?

crawling chaos

A black Russian Big Muff on top of a distorted amp. 1st cd is a Mojave Peacemaker. The next 2 cd's he used amps from the studio, Oranges, Mat amp, etc.

For the European tour he used a BMF Effects Aires Fuzz that has a mod for more bass.  That's the fuzz that is on his board now.

Glitchyghost

Keith's main amps are Mojave.   He uses different amps per recording because they have to fly to Boston and can't take their full rigs.  But he is pretty serious about those Mojaves.  When they tour the States, that's what he uses, too.

We played with them in LA on our last tour and I don't remember a Muff or BMF.   My memory about it is kind of foggy now, but I do remember some of the stuff.   I can't really say what it was cause it's not my place to divulge his secrets online.  He might tell you if you sent them an email, facebook, whatever.

RAGER

Not much of a fan of the band but killer amps (Mojave) and great tone for sure.
No Focus Pocus