Main Menu

BBQ!

Started by Sally, August 03, 2012, 08:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

Guess I forgot to mention the ribs. I just did these to munch on, and hide my brisket from my competition. ;)  You can't see the brisket on the bottom, unfortunately.
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

im probably going to masturbate to that later.

Pissy

That's the only picture i took, unfortunately.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Korean short ribs. Pork up top beef below. Pork has a doenjang based sauce. Beef has a Gochujang based sauce.

No Focus Pocus

lftwng4

Quote from: Pissy on October 16, 2017, 10:48:08 AM
My brisket won.  I didn't use the deli slicer because a buddy of mine is a wizard with knife sharpening, i was able to slice it thin by hand.

I basically did the Memphis dust as a rub, but the sawtooth around the edges, then too the remaining dust, mixed it with Heinz 57 and pulverized red pepper flakes and basted it at the end with that.

My thin slices were then woven onto toothpicks with a burnt end capped on there too.

My burgers did not win unfortunately. Nor place in the top 3. Oh well.   The burger winner was the only dude to make a smoked burger.  Good on him. He's a good dude.

Sometimes we'll throw some burgers or chicken patties on our smoker when we've got the room.   Then freeze them for later.  Simple, but tasty.

mortlock

damn rager. amazing.

peoplething

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

RAGER

Hipster specialty gas.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I like doing doing chicken legs like this. They cook evenly and a bit quicker.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Rager's Rub n Tug Ribs last night. Rubbed nicely and some low and slow heat, just tug a little and the meat comes off the bone in your wife's hand.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Ive been getting into bbq pit boys episodes lately. Its guuud.

RAGER

Matt's BBQ Portland it's totes worth the hype.

Side note. My tater salad is better but they don't line up for that. I stood in a line. It was a short one but that's saying something.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

id hit the fuck outta that.

RAGER

Remember those ribs I soured n sticky rice garlic and salt?  Holy shit were they good. Slow and low heat on the grill. I'm sorry I didn't take pics of them finished but I was drunk.

Nice backyard fire
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Hit Matt's BBQ again. The meats are seriously some of the best I've had but so far the sides suck. Bland tater salad, just so so queso dip, and the beans were a travesty. Nothin worse than not fully cooked beans. Fucking get it together. If you're gonna half ass it just buy canned beans and then add your brisket drippings and some fucking salt.

No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

Martin's barbecue in Nashville Tennessee. Meat candy!

mortlock

Quote from: neighbor664 on October 22, 2019, 09:40:20 PM
Martin's barbecue in Nashville Tennessee. Meat candy!

holy fuck!!

RAGER

Fermented ribs

Made a Thai inspired tater salad with fish sauce, lime leaves, radish and ,Chinese celery

Nam jim Jaew and nam prik pao
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Doing ribs again today. 

The rub:

¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
? ¾ cup white sugar
? ½ cup American paprika
? ¼ cup garlic powder
? 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
? 2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
? 2 tablespoons onion powder
? 2 teaspoons rosemary powder

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/spice-rubs-and-pastes/meatheads-memphis-dust-rub-recipe/

The sauce:

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup Molasses
1/4 cup Apple Cider  Vinegar
1/4 cup Dijon or coarse-grain mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp Hot Sauce
It's on the back of a Grandma's Molasses bottle. 

https://grandmasmolasses.com/recipe/old-fashioned-bbq-sauce/

Mix in a bowl.

Stir in just enough of the rub powder so you can taste it in the sauce. 

Rub ribs then Smoke ribs for 4 hours.  Sauce them and smoke for one more hour if you want a sorta firm bite mark.

or 3 hours with smoke, 2 wrapped in foil, then one unwrapped with sauce if you want them to fall off the bone.   I like them to be a little more firm.

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

I might do some ribs today too. Not smoked though. My own rub. No sauce.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

On at noon-ish.

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Fuck it. I'm doing a lil smoke.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

That's the spirit.  The smoke will match the house. 

Good on ya for getting that done btw.  Looks good. 

About halfway now.

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Ribs look like they're shaping up nicely.

Change of plans again. Apparently last time I used my Weber kettle, which I use to smoke, I didn't clean it so it's all moldy. Dry rub ribs in the oven at 250. I just might make a damn sauce too. Along with tater salad and some slaw. Might as well start some beans while I'm at it.

Thanks on the house. We love it.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Ah yes.  I've had that happen.  But I normally find it the day before. 
Vinyls.   deal.