Main Menu

Geezer's New Rig

Started by Hemisaurus, August 30, 2012, 12:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Scott Reeder just got picked up by Hartke, too.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

...and still no sign of Al Cisneros on the Ampeg roster ;)

moose23

What speaker configuration is that? All tens or twelves?

Lumpy

Hartke was willing to pay the most? ???
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Hemisaurus

Who knows? I notice a few names that used to be on the Ampeg roster now appear on the Hartke roster, maybe Ampeg changed their endorsement deal, or maybe they tried to make them use the new SVTPRO-7 ;D

Looks like GB is using 4x10 & 1x15 all paper coned. Maybe people just like their new gear. I like Hartke, their solid-state and hybrid gear sounds better than Ampeg's, I just worked on a piece of Hartke gear that dropped 12 feet onto a concrete floor,  no knobs broke off, even the casing wasn't dented that I saw, all that had happened was a big power cap had pulled off the board slightly, quick dab of solder and it was back in action.

fallen

How many percent chance that there is a rack back there with the same Ampegs in it.

Maybe not but it seems unlikely that he's scooping the high mids on his EQ doesn't it?

Discö Rice

I've heard great sounding Hartke rigs, and I've heard horrible sounding Hartke rigs. It all comes down to the player and how they EQ the summbitches.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

RacerX

Quote from: fallen on August 30, 2012, 03:40:34 PM

Maybe not but it seems unlikely that he's scooping the high mids on his EQ doesn't it?

That could be to leave room for Tony's guitar, no?

Livin' The Life.

Jake

Those crosses are upside down, since they're not upside down.

Fixed it. Much better.

poop.

zachoff

I've no love for Hartke aluminum cones, but have never played through a paper coned Hartke cab.  I know for sure I don't love their heads...  More sterile than Peavey and not as loud.  My Ampeg heads may not be as loud but I like the tone a hell of a lot more.  Then again, it's tubes and old-tech stuff.  I'm not really a fan of the new SS Ampeg gear either, save for the Micro VR.

ryansummit

anyone put a guitar through those hartke hybrids?

Muffin Man

That first pic is beautiful man. I;d sure like a panoramic poster like that!

morgantician

Quote from: Jake on August 30, 2012, 07:57:22 PM
Those crosses are upside down, since they're not upside down.

Fixed it. Much better.

Hahaha

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Muffin Man on September 02, 2012, 12:44:20 AM
That first pic is beautiful man. I;d sure like a panoramic poster like that!

Maybe Hartke can hook you up.

eoin_not_ian

Quote from: ryansummit on August 31, 2012, 12:31:05 PM
anyone put a guitar through those hartke hybrids?

Guy I know has been putting an SG through the Hartke LH 500. My reports from him is that it is loud and sounds good with an overdrive (he uses a Tonebender of some kind). Personally its not something I would think would work all that great, but there you go.

The LH 500/1000 amps are cool. Very clean (no master volume control) but I wouldn't call them sterile. I am not a fan of the aluminium cones though.