Basically my first time in a Guitar Center

Started by RAGER, September 09, 2012, 02:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal and Beer

My first time was in San Jose in 1981 and as a teen hesher from the mountains I was devastated! Gibsons everywhere and you could play 'em ! Flying V's, Explorers, fuuuuuuck !

;D at the memory
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

spookstrickland

Quote from: bbottom on September 12, 2012, 11:56:58 PM
Quote from: spookstrickland on September 12, 2012, 10:05:05 PM

A fun thing me and my old drummer used to do was go into the drum department get them to give us a couple pairs of sticks then proceed to jam out at as hard as we could and play the newest slipknot tune.  It usually took us about 30 seconds to clear the room and another 30 before we were asked give it a rest but it was always pretty funny ;D

That right there is one of the exact reasons why I hate going into GC

We were pretty rowdy back in the day but, we did do a lot of good too.  My drummer would always give lessons and encourage the little kids that came in and were just starting out.  One time I even sold a Les Paul for them because the sales people were too busy to deal with what they thought was a costumer who they thought had no money and could not play but In reality his wife made a good living and wanted to buy him a real nice guitar for a present and because I was just sitting there jamming out on some bluesy stuff like they liked and not on the typical guitar center wanker shredder stuff they approached me to demonstrate the Les Paul he wanted, I said sure and played it and answered all their questions and after that they when up and bought it.

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Jake

Was one of their questions, "Hey, can you stop raping Stevie Ray Vaughan songs for a second and clean up the poopdrips that just slid out of your jeanshorts?"
poop.

RAGER

Spook saves the day day but takes all the doughnuts :-\
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

QuoteOne time I even sold a Les Paul for them because the sales people were too busy to deal with what they thought was a costumer...

A dude approached me outside my local GC & tried to convince me to buy a Billy Gibbons costume & wear it into the store. I wonder if it was the same costumer?
Livin' The Life.

spookstrickland

Quote from: RAGER on September 13, 2012, 05:28:49 PM
Spook saves the day day but takes all the doughnuts :-\

If they had free donuts I'd never leave LOL :D
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

ryansummit

i can see a dunkin donuts in the front o the store like walmart
they already got greeters

Jake

I'm resurrecting this to share an encounter I had at a local GC just this afternoon.

Me: Hi. I just need a pack of strings. I've got a gift card and wanted to try a more expensive kind just to see what they're all about.
GC: No problem. (grabs the kind I wanted and scans them)
Me: Thanks.
GC: Can I have your phone number please?
Me: Sorry, but I don't have a phone. (I don't. I use VoIP for voice conversations and don't think they need to be calling my computer. Ever)
      Can't I just swipe my gift card?
GC: Uhhh...I think I'm going to need a phone number at least to be able to ring you up.
Me: Really? That seems a little unnecessary.
GC: So, what's the number then?
Me: Thanks but I think I will be buying these somewhere else.
poop.

The Bandit

Quote from: Jake on November 19, 2012, 03:37:40 PM
I'm resurrecting this to share an encounter I had at a local GC just this afternoon.

Me: Hi. I just need a pack of strings. I've got a gift card and wanted to try a more expensive kind just to see what they're all about.
Me: Sorry, but I don't have a phone. (I don't. I use VoIP for voice conversations and don't think they need to be calling my computer. Ever)
GC: Uhhh...I think I'm going to need a phone number at least to be able to ring you up.

Dude, just make up a fake one.  That's what chicks do.

Jake

Fuck that noise. I'm more principled than a spineless skirt.
poop.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Jake on November 19, 2012, 03:37:40 PM

"Sorry, I'm in a relationship"

Jake

If even one in 10 were to walk out instead of giving their phone number (he said "at least," so I have no doubt street address and/or email were next), then they would stop asking for (requiring, actually) that info altogether. Those who capitulate, even with a fake number, are part of the problem.

/soapbox
poop.

RAGER

I relish these little interactions.  And people think principled guys like us are assholes.  Fuck em.  No you can;t have my phone number, mailing address or email.  This is a simple cash transaction.  you savvy?

I'm always being accused of being "too intense" or "too much" about stuff like this.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

But, but...

Don't you guys want to get the GC flyer in the mail every month?
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: RAGER on November 19, 2012, 04:30:51 PM
I relish these little interactions.  And people think principled guys like us are assholes.  Fuck em.  No you can;t have my phone number, mailing address or email.  This is a simple cash transaction.  you savvy?

I'm always being accused of being "too intense" or "too much" about stuff like this.

Bob Villa is the name ive been using there for years. I get defensive on fuckin' job applications, y'know? Too much for too little.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

I just walked in from a Best Buy and Radio Shack trip (I know, I didn't dig it either!) and both times I pre-empted they shit with a stern "Can I buy this bullshit without giving you my name, rank and serial number? I ain't cool with getting bombarded with a bunch of shit"  They backed off... :P

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

bitter

I once watch a guy walk out of a great clips because of the phone number deal. With them, it's helpful as they store your haircut info for quick reference when you come in. He got all pissed and stormed out.

"For a fuckin' haircut!?!?"  :D
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

chille01

Just called Guitar Centre today to cancel my first and only transaction with them.  Ordered an Orange OR-50 head on a price match over the phone about a month ago.  At the time of order I was told, and I confirmed twice, that delivery would be 5-8 business days. Ilet that time pass and then called them to find out what the fuck? At this point, they told me that it was actually being dropped shipped from Orange, and they have no control over delivery date.  I got a little pissy, told them I didn't buy it from Orangebut from them, and that they better damn well call Orange and get an ETA. They told me then that it would be delivered Nov. 22nd, which if you can probably figure out as well me that is in about 3 days and I don't have so much as a tracking number yet.
  This is all a pain in the ass to me because I live in Vancouver and have to cross the border to pick the item up at a post box service. I also want to combine that with a mini vacation so I can claim a 48 hour duty exception when I bring it back. So I need to plan the time to do that.  I can't just sit around waiting for it to show upwhenever the hell GC finally follows through on their end.  Not to mention their accounting is all fucked up, and the total on my email receipt (the total I agreed to) doesn't match the total in my account on their website which is higher. Still waiting for my Visa statement to see what hey actually charged me.
   So today I emailed Humbucker music, who have the things in stock and will ship today at a price that is $50 lower.  They responded to my email within minutes.  I call GC and tell them I've decided to buy the product from someone who gives a shit, and cancell my order please.  Sure, expect a confirmation within 48 hours or so.  Excuse me?  You took my money instantly, but it takes two days to give it back?
  Currently waiting for a cancelletation from those fuck tards so I can buy it where I should have in the first place.  Guitar Center is a joke.  They managed to totally screw up the one and only transaction I've done with them.

Baltar

They're fucking awful bro.  I have bought from Guitar Center: 1 Danelectro Heresay Strat/Mosrite guitar in '99 $150, 2 Levy's extra-long straps $60 each, 1 SKB Les Paul case $200.  Otherwise, fuck no.  I'm in Ontario now and I buy all my big purchases privately.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

agent of change

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

Metal and Beer

Quote from: agent of change on November 19, 2012, 09:21:50 PM
But I hear Guitar Center is having a sale?

Yep, and it's "THIS WEEKEND ONLY!!!!!!!!!11!!"

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

jibberish

Quote from: Metal and Beer on November 19, 2012, 06:27:44 PM
I just walked in from a Best Buy and Radio Shack trip (I know, I didn't dig it either!) and both times I pre-empted they shit with a stern "Can I buy this bullshit without giving you my name, rank and serial number? I ain't cool with getting bombarded with a bunch of shit"  They backed off... :P

ya, but you got the squids visualizing being snapped like a pretzel when YOU say it. heh,
me, they are probly imagining, "I could arm wrestle that twig boy for all his info"

however, to compensate, I have super subtle snarkiness AND the eye look that burns the back of their skull if they look too long

btw, I bought that new pc at best buy.  I only had to take the ePencil and decline w/e, and change+rcpt+"abbagooday!"
same thing when I went back for the better video card
same thing when I went back for a way better power supply(all within 24 hrs)  I can report, as of Monday evening, there were no campers outside the Strongsville store  ( the heart of Romney country, like w berlin was vs e Germany heh,but it trips me out how dumb people end up pretty well off)

-----------------------------
I will be scoping GC for the dozen sets of strings for $29 deal. they have had GHS before, but it varies year to year.

our best buy has a music department. how bout them apples.

chille01

After talking to both the fuck tards at Guitar Center for an hour, and the friendly people who issue my credit card for all of 3 minutes, this is the sternly worded email I just sent to Guitar Center regarding this clusterfuck.

After speaking with Aaron this evening, I contacted my credit card company to verify what has been charged with regards to this order, and what my options are for stopping payment with my credit card company.  They advised me that they had no record of any transactions from Guitar Center at all. 
   At that point I called back in to Guitar Center to verify the credit card info that was supplied at the time of order.  While my credit card number was correct, my billing address was entered incorrectly by the agent that took my order over the phone.
   I have now confirmed with my credit card company that if the billing info is incorrect, payment would have been denied.  They only keep a record of denied payments for 3 days, and this was over a month ago.
   In my opinion, the extensive delay on this order is entirely the fault of the incompetent handling of the transaction by your staff.  In the following ways:

1) Incorrectly entering the billing address at the time of order

2) Failing to notify me of the denial by my credit card company

3) Issuing me two different totals, two different order numbers, and two different receipts for the same order.  I called in to question this twice, and was told some vague excuse that "it's two different computer systems" and that the lower total is what I would be billed.  For the record, the two totals and order numbers that I have, that have NEVER been corrected are: #S1107189, $1293.32 - the total agreed to with the sales agent and emailed to me in a receipt, and 100671847, $1366.02 which to this day shows on my Guitar Center account when I log in, and was NEVER agreed to

4) Failing to notice the fact that payment was never authorized by my credit card company, even though I have contacted Guitar Center staff DOZENS of times in the last month to inquire as to the status of this order, both on this correspondence system and over the phone

5) Failure to notice that the order has never properly been processed even when I called in to cancel it

6) Failure to cancel my order in a reasonable amount of time

This is formal written notice that my credit card issuer has never received nor approved any charges for Guitar Center, and that at this stage I revoke authorization to all claims for payment by me or my credit card issuer to Guitar Center.
   Further, if I do not receive clear and concise notices of cancellation to both of the orders noted above, for the full totals noted, I will formally issue grievances with regards to your credit card practices with both the PCI Security Standards Council and the Federal Trade Commission.

I trust that this matter is now closed, and I will receive confirmation that both orders have been canceled no later than 5pm PST, Nov 21 2012.