Main Menu

Power supply options?

Started by dogfood, September 10, 2012, 10:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogfood

Had my eye on a Voodoo Labs 2 +, up to 8 pedals, can handle the power hungry DL4 which is a must have, can do the 9v battery interface for my wah-since I'm too lazy to do the Boss adapter mod, isolated, etc.  I know there is google, but with all the knowledge right here...  What other products are out there?  Enquiring minds want to know.
Problem solving whiskey!

Instant Dan

BBE Supa-Charger

T-Rex Fuel Tank.

Jake

I've got a TRex Fuel Tank Jr, and although it works nicely, I have to warn you that the fuse that they use inside is a relatively uncommon one that took lots of scouring on the internet to find replacements of (when the fuse in mine blew). No electronics stores in town had them either. Not even the mega-sized Fry's that has everything.
poop.

clockwork green

The PP2+ is the standard and very versatile. Unless you're positive you won't use more than 5 low current pedals I wouldn't consider much else because you'll end wasting time and money while ending up with the PP2+.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

fallen

Pedal Power 2 looks good. Ended up getting a T-Rex Fuel Tank which did my whole board no problem BUT ran into a problem with one EHX pedal that pulls a lot of juice and caused a hum when it was plugged in. Sometimes there are certain pedals that just don't like sharing a transformer and for those an isolated supply might be better but who knows. Some pedals just aren't happy without their own adaptor I guess. Out of many pedals this is the only one that has given me any trouble.

Another option not posted yet is a new one from PedalTrain called the powertrain that they are supposed to have out soon. I am interested in it for the switchable 18-15-12-9 VDC output which would be useful for some oddball pedals.

http://pedaltrain.com/products/power/powertrain_1250.php

dogfood

Quote from: bitter on September 10, 2012, 11:40:01 PM
Cioks makes a line of power supplies. http://cioks.com/index.php

There is something about this one I like...don't know why...can't quite put my finger in it??
Problem solving whiskey!

Jake

If you fingerblast that thing, I bet it will bite back.
poop.

dogfood

So's I'm looking at these toys and it occurs to me that I could get the power supplies for all my pedals for a shit ton less cash than one of these hookers.  So I order a One Spot with all the fixings and a dedicated Line6 power supply for the DL4 (reported to not play well with other non isolated power supplies) and I've barely covered free shipping from ZZounds.  Seriously less sexy than a Pussy Power. :'(
Problem solving whiskey!

clockwork green

Hopefully you'll never get ground loop hum.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"