Metro 2033

Started by diasdegalvan, November 01, 2012, 10:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diasdegalvan

One of my favorite games on the Xbox 360. Pretty under the radar game available only on the Xbox and PC. Post-apocalyptic world where Russia was nuked but people were able to survive in the Moscow metro. Artyom is the protagonist who must save his station and possibly all of humanity in the metro. Really cool story based on a book, characters and great atmosphere.

There's a sequel coming out in early 2013 this time on the PS3 as well.

socket

Sounds badass, I'll have to check out the sequel on PS3!
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Beerjerk

I loved the first one, can't wait for Metro Last Light.

I highly recommend the book as well. One of the best sci-fi novels from the 2000's.

diasdegalvan

Metro: Last Light got delayed again (publisher THQ folded) release date is now May 14th unless you live in another country in which case it's May 17th.

diasdegalvan

I've played Last Light twice now and it's a great game. The outside environments look beautiful and still has that great atmosphere 2033 had. It fixed the stealth system from 2033 in 2033 it was near impossible to play through the game stealthily. Main thing I didn't like about it is returning characters from 2033 changed and not in a good way Artyom, Khan and Miller have different voice actors.

Here's a review:

gritty_fingers

I noticed that Metro 2033 is out of print (due to THQ going out of business) so I put in an order through a video game website. Normally I don't pay more than $20 for games but in this case there was an exception. I wanted to play the games in order: 2033 then Last Light.
"Ginger People"