Main Menu

Volume control

Started by MichaelZodiac, November 02, 2012, 02:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelZodiac

I run 2 fuzzes (Supercollider/Oath) which have a very different volume output level, is there a possibility to control the overall output? Because even with the volume dimed on my Supercollider, it still isn't as loud as my Oath... I imagine a volume pedal should do the trick, right? Any suggestions in that field?
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Lumpy

You switch back & forth between 2 fuzzes? There's no volume control on the Oath?

You could probably use a switcher then (rather than hit two switches as fast as possible). Some of them have volume control built-in. (Boss LS-2 line switcher is a good example).

Sometimes fuzzes don't like Boss pedals directly upstream (it's the Boss buffer I guess) for example some fuzzfaces are real picky. But that would be a good place to start (50 bucks on the used market)

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Cursed71

The oath is more of an overdrive/boost no?  Its meant to push your amp as far as it can go.  None more loud.

MichaelZodiac

Yeah it's more of overdrive/boost, gives my Acoustic a somewhat tube like sound and no, it has no volume control. It also doesn't mix well with the Supercollider but then again, you don't need it to mix, the sound has balls the size of a basketball. All my other pedals work with each of them but together they're just too much. So I want to switch between the sound of Supercollider and the sound of my Oath without twisting a knob on my amp. I can hardly get my Acoustic past 1 with the Oath, while the Supercollider is slightly above 2. Just wondering of there's something that could do the trick.

Edit: also, is there a way I can put some sort of volume control after my Oath (this would be if I didn't use my Supercollider at all), so that I can run my Acoustic a bit harder? The Supercollider might end up getting used by the guitarist in the band or as a fuzz with a MicroKorg, still in doubt with that, whichever will works the best when we're playing you know.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

moose23

A passive volume control after it would work, even a volume pedal. I thought the Oath was dimed Ritual so adding a volume would make it a Ritual, unless I'm wrong on that which could very well be the case.

The Riffer

Oath is a DIMED Revelation. Oath is meant to push a dirty amp to the brink. 8)
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

moose23

Ah I'd mixed up the revelation and the ritual, sorry man. Seems like something you'd have always on and last in the chain so.

The Riffer

Ritual is good up front. Cleans up well. Oath has very little clean up. When it's on...it's on!
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

MichaelZodiac

Yeah, no kidding. The combination of the volume output of the Oath with a T-40 and an Acoustic 220 is insane, in a good way but at the same time I feel like I'm giving up some control which might be useful (watch the carefully put phrasing here), it sounds good--hell, it sounds great as is but I'd like to know how it would sound if I could turn the Acoustic a bit more up, oh well.

The Oath as a last-in-line/always-on pedal is how I use it, it loves modulation and low/mid gain fuzz in front of it. My EHX Bassballs in particular seems to shine in this region.

Nolan