Converge, Torche, Kvelertak - Houston 11/03/12

Started by Instant Dan, November 04, 2012, 01:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instant Dan

First concert in almost six months but that's not important. It seems like most acts who play Fitzgerald's rarely play upstairs which is kind of disappointing as the downstairs venue is too small so the sound has nowhere to go and too cramped.

First time seeing Kvelertak, I now understand why people like them. Definitely get the crowd warmed up.

Third time seeing Torche and still just as loud and came close to topping Converge as far as performance goes, IMO. I didn't like their latest album, but in their defense, I only spun it once. After hearing it live I have been revisiting it today and realizing how awesome it is.

First time seeing Converge and they did not disappoint, played mostly their new stuff but snuck in some stuff from Jane Doe. One of the most gnarly pits I have seen in a while, broken glass all over the floor and a few broken noses/black eyes.

Metal and Beer

I'm seeing the tour tonight. Is Torche a four-piece now? They always rule live...never seen Converge in all these years. What kind of stuff does Kvelertak play? No locals on our bill...
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Instant Dan

Torche is now a four piece, the guy they have, I feel, is not as energetic as Juan but he is just as proficient as him and that's all that matters to me.

Kvelertak plays Maidenish sludge/thrash if I could best describe it.

whoshotthefrog

I saw this show last week and all three bands did not disappoint. Then again I've seen Converge 10+ times and Torche probably 6 or 7 times and both bands always destroy the place.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

FloydianDragonaut

I saw the Ct date of this tour. Was a great time. First time seeing Converge in years and they said that night was the longest set they'd ever played. Wasn't a big fan of the venue though, the sound could have been better.