PS3: recommendations for games and such

Started by yeezuz, November 15, 2012, 04:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeezuz

in the spirit of consumerism, i am going to get a PS3 since it also functions as a blu-ray player.

my list of games so far:
Okami HD
GTA IV and V
Little big planet

what else do ya'll suggest?

natehusky

I liked arkham city & asylum . Just started assassins creed 3 . Mod ravers is fun . That's about all I got

peterlies

Infamous
Both Dark Souls and Demon Souls are must haves, in my opinion.

bitter

Infamous was fun. The uncharted series and Skyrim are also good.

We also had a blast with the PS Move, although I do not believe it was a big success (limited titles).

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

diasdegalvan

Red Dead Redemption
Fallout 3
Rayman: Origins

yeezuz

Quote from: bitter on November 15, 2012, 04:40:01 PM
Skyrim are also good.
We also had a blast with the PS Move, although I do not believe it was a big success (limited titles).
i have skyrim on xbox, but never played it; just watched it. am i the only one who watches other people playing games like i would watch tv? perhaps. C:

Quote from: diasdegalvan on November 15, 2012, 06:34:26 PM
Red Dead Redemption
Fallout 3
Rayman: Origins
yes, i have seen/played versions of these games on other consoles. confessed to consumerism b/c i not only have older consoles, but already have a Wii and an Xbox.

Rayman - i am making that a priority. it was super fun on wii, shooting stuff that doesn't bleed is RAD.

bitter

I also enjoy watching video games more than playing sometimes. If your husband is a big player, you'll probably both like the Uncharted games. It's also very fun to watch: beautiful landscapes, lots of action, and an Indiana Jones-esque kind of story (read: cinematic).

fallen

Red Dead Redemption and the GTA pack of games are really fun time wasters. Just riding around the landscape on your horse in RDR as the sun sets over the desert is fun even if you aren't doing any missions. Then while you're all relaxed you usually get attacked by wolves but still.

Skate 2 or 3. Kinda finicky controls that take a little while to figure out if you're used to SSX or Tony Hawk type of games but super fun to just skate around the city for a while.

Portal is really fun if you don't mind puzzle type games. And you can play co-op with a friend where you have to solve puzzles together.

Katamari Forever is one of the weirdest games on PS3 and one of my favorites. Super fun to roll stuff up and space out.

yeezuz

oh holy shit yes, i love katamari so much i would poly-amorously marry it.

thx for the suggestions folks, keep em coming

I,Galactus

Seconded on Portal /  Portal 2.  Fun and funny as hell.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is fantastic (if you've obsessively played the shit out of the rest of them).

Also these:

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

bitter

I always forget about the Portal games. The second one has a co-op mode that makes both players work together to solve the puzzles/stages. Silliness ensues.

agent of change

Friend o mine is looking for a FPS on PS3 that has "crazy alien technology like weird guns and shit" and I told him I'd ask here.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

bitter

Borderlands 2.

Red faction, possibly.

Bioshock, not quiet alien, think steampunk.

Killzone, possibly.

Resistance: fall of man

Ryno

The Portal series for sure.

Loved the Uncharted series as well.

Also, these games get overlooked...
Flow
Flower
Journey

You can get those in a bundle right now. Trippy and simple. Also short, but fun to play.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008CP6RWU
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

agent of change

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.