Main Menu

Hot Deals

Started by Lumpy, February 04, 2011, 04:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

jibberish

localized 1-shot recording is so handy-dandy.   especially for outdoor or weird setups. everyone should have one of those.

Baltar

Attn: Ohio folks!  Bowling Green $115, 'nuff said. Wicked Fuzz/OD/Octavia for super-cheap!!!

http://toledo.craigslist.org/msg/4562652924.html

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Pissy

Reflections studios here in charlotte is selling off their gear. Lots of mics, and stands and all the nickle and dime stuff that really makes one go broke trying to stock a home studio.

Not sure if there are any real deals, but this stuff has been involved in some pretty monumental recordings from the 80's up until now. There's a Hammond B3 with Leslie in there! I'm sure that's not cheap.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/msg/4509342692.html
Vinyls.   deal.

Lumpy

Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster bass is the Musician's Fiend Stupid Deal of the Day ($ 229)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Angostura

Ampeg fridge on Austin CL for $400:

http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/4602391983.html

Can't afford it at the moment, or I'd be all over it...

agent of change

Anyone familiar with the Sunn 415m? Looks fucking crazy, never seen a speaker arrangement like it.

Someone on Ebay is asking $800 and they live sorta near my folks. Just sold my black North drums kit, and have the cash...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sunn-415M-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet-1973-4x15-Inward-V-Type-Doom-Doomer-/171426163707?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Speakers_Monitors&hash=item27e9cbabfb
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

VOLVO)))

I'd pay about 150$ for it... 800$ is a fucking joke.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

agent of change

Say more... sounds crappy? Liberal use of the word vintage?
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

Jake

The cat in Dragon Green had one of those (amongst a bunch of other stuff). It'd be a cool cab to have, but $800 is on the very high end of the spectrum for those. And especially considering that one looks to have replacement speakers in marginal condish.
poop.

AgentofOblivion

I don't know what I'm talking about, but I assume there's a reason no one builds their enclosures like that.  I'm sure their marketing team could dream up a way to say it improves some damn thing or the other, but my inclination is that it's gimmicky and probably has phasing issues.

lordfinesse

Quote from: VOLVO))) on August 24, 2014, 09:55:19 AM
I'd pay about 150$ for it... 800$ is a fucking joke.

Absolutely.
Billy Squier 24/7

RAGER

I'm on a FB Sunn group and people are stupid about Concert Leads.  I'm like have y'all ever played through a tube amp?  My Concert Lead sits........
No Focus Pocus

Metal and Beer

Yah, those speaks look like any ol' Replacementeristica's; mold and Gorilla glue repair no extra charge! It's worth $200 in my mind. That configuration is from the "red" era (2nd Generation I think?) of Sunn, they also made a 6x12 w/ the same baffling baffle (and maybe others).

800 is the "I hope I hook a Sunnaddict, we'll be eatin' good tonight maw!" price
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Jake

Call me cynical, but I think that Fender could make a killing by reviving that brand and putting out some solid amps, like the reissues were. Think what you will about them, but they were built quite robustly. The market for Sunn stuff is much more receptive than it was at the time of the reissues.

Hell, it'd be easy for them to just deliver what die hard Sunn enthusiasts really want—big, loud, overpowered tube amps. No need to dump much money into R&D at all.
poop.

dogfood

Jake,

You just don't get it do you?!

Dogfood

ps  ;)
Problem solving whiskey!

agent of change

Thanks for the input fellas. Just found an old 70s 2x15 for under $100 on Craigslist. Will post the link if I snap it up.

Metal and Beer

Quote from: agent of change on August 24, 2014, 09:46:48 PM
.....an old 70s 2x15 for under $100......

I just heard Marv Albert exclaim "YES!". Also, I agree with me some OG Jake. ^

Metal and Beer

Aren't "deals" from the big boys pretty much lukewarm at best right outta the gate? They aren't gonna take below this much________ like ever

________ = profit margin assured, even if it's STUM (Smaller Than Usual Ream)

eyeprod

I'm totally into my concert lead right now. It's my favorite amp for some reason. I can see why people obsess. I'm using it for bass into a 4x12. Rules for my midrangey shit.
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

It's loud enough for bass?  I guess you did say midrange.
No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

yeah it lacks a bit of girth compared to my v4, but I love it as it is. My guitarist doesn't like it so much when I'm in his zone like that, but there's a lot of cool "crossover" of frequencies that I think sound really great if we both maintain a controllable volume. Too loud and it turns to a wall of harsh midrange. I'm into mastering precise volume and eq levels lately; exploring subtleties of tone within a range of frequency. I think it's the 12's that are really doing it for me lately, but the sunn is the heart of it.
CV - Slender Fungus

Angostura

Been wanting one of those....