Twin Peaks

Started by bbottom, December 23, 2012, 03:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

I was probably in 9th or 10th grade when the show was on back in the early 90's and never got into it. I kind of remember seeing bits and pieces of it but I don't think that I've ever seen an entire episode.

Anyway I've been thinking about checking the series and probably the movie out. Do you think that it's worth it?

natehusky

MichaelZodiac

I watched it for the first time a couple years ago, got completely hooked on it and smoked a bong load every episode. Trippyyyyyyyy.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

lftwng4

I watched it when it was first on TV, but lost interest in the 2nd season, I think they were moving the time slot around or something.

Couple years ago we got the entire series on DVD, and the wife and I would watch a couple episodes every night.  She'd never seen it and loved it.  Kinda hate the way it ends, but whatever. 
Didn't like the movie nearly as much, but yeah, it's totally worth watching every episode.

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, me and my drinking buddies made a night if it, I stuck it out for season two because that's what I do.  Do it.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Crutch

I'm am the farthest thing from a David Lynch fan but I was surprised how much me and the little lady enjoyed this. We put it on Netflix instant as a lark to be lazy and nurse our respective hangovers. Tons of weed helps. Considering the context of it's original airing, it's a fucking daring show and a precursor to many of the more edgy television shows we see today.

If you decide to plunge in, don't forget to see the movie Fire Walk With Me. It's like a prequel to the show but don't watch it until you've completed the series.
I will show you the life of the mind.