champong!

Started by deleted account, June 20, 2013, 05:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deleted account

deleted account

hold the phone.  I went to Shanghai Restaurant yesterday and the dude never heard of champong.  so I ordered the chow mein with the shanghai noodles and they were only slightly chewier than regular chow mein noodles, which aren't particularly chewy to begin with

deleted account

not that you assholes give a shit, but I'm now fucking forced to go to neighbor664 and Dr.Zayus' beloved hell hole known to sane people as FREAKmont to seek the troo champong.  and yes, I'm going to report back whether you like it or not.

ps- Shaft, I was just kidding- don't go to that place.  seafood is to Illinois as vagina is to boltthrow

Lumpy

Get a kimchee stew (hot pot) with rice cake (etc). You will still be chewing the next day.

Rice cake.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

deleted account

I will take both links to The Palace Chef for confirmation/ refutation.  until such time, enjoy the loving embrace of Samson's marquee headlock

Chovie D

you dont even have to leave your house anymore Preist.

deleted account

I've had the conventional ramen packet equivalent, very good.  not even near close to the real thing.

you should check this place out- they got it for lunch and use wheat flour noodles:

http://www.redlanternseattle.com/

ladysloth

i looked at the dessert menu - hngggggggggggg. oh man, i went to this little Afghani restaurant in Seattle, but i can't remember the name. i wish i could afford to live on the west coast. who wants to adopt a 38 year old with a bratty inner child?

Chovie D

Quote from: priest on July 02, 2013, 03:02:24 PM
I've had the conventional ramen packet equivalent, very good.  not even near close to the real thing.

you should check this place out- they got it for lunch and use wheat flour noodles:

http://www.redlanternseattle.com/

downtown  >:(

Id rather go hungry

deleted account

I've been to downtown Seattle and it didn't seem worse than Fremont.  what's the dealio?  ducking coke dealers?

Chovie D

parking and traffic are unbearable.

Id rather clap my dick between a pair of golf shoes than do that.

MadJohnShaft

And the hipsters, you forgot them.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Chovie D

they are in ballard and fremont...and yes, downtown  :'(

Seattle sucks, there I said it.

mortlock

I kinda figured that from the whole nirvana thing..

RAGER

I heard Candlebox is touring or playing or some shit. Made me spit out whatever I was eating. Goddamm was that some of theee worst shit ever.
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

Why did that make you spit it out? I would have been like oh how lame and then just forgot about it. I wouldn't have got all dramatic and start spitting shit out.

deleted account

finally.  free kimchee appetizer!  I got potstickers too.  why?  BECAUSE I'M NOT FAT ENOUGH.  they were excellent btw.  they give you six but I ate 2 cuz I couldn't wait while the soup was being made.

noodles were great, broth was seriously lacking heat, and no beef or sea cucumber.  was last here about 7 years ago with an Asian dude.  maybe they gave me the watered-down white boy version this time.

afterward, I asked the chef what the noodles are called.  he said, "handmade"

Chovie D

"handmade"...nice ;), worth going back for that alone Id imagine.

Lumpy

That looks good as hell.

RAGER

That looks killer but yeah would prolly need more heat.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

There's a bottle of ground chili peppers on the table in his pic.

Muffin Man

priest, I've had those noodles in your 1st post, at a Chinese rest. Very al dente, big round suckers. Love 'em! If they're Shanghai good to know. I thought the cook told me they were turnip noodles? Or some wierd thing. Def not rice nor potato. A nice white somewhat gelatenous and round. Do Korean's use Fish Sauce? (Vietnamese do). Maybe fishy due to that. Man, I like the heat too! The pepper loaded dish on menu Shaft posted, I WILL check that out. Due trip that neiborhood soon. I'll bring my camera!
Yay noodle soup!

RAGER

All this talk make me hangry fo hot spicey noodle dish.  Maybe tomorrow not so hot round I make hot spicey noodle dish with pork and seafood.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Sichuanese, perhaps? Wait, you gotta have a Sichunaese peppercorn for that. Make tongue feel like nettle.