"That" Metal Show or anything on VH1 Classic

Started by ladysloth, July 08, 2013, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladysloth

tell us your favorite Eddie Trunk stories or admit that you watch this show or this channel i general.

DORO

from last week's episode, sometimes this is just Rocklahoma on TV with interviews

gritty_fingers

Interesting that you brought this up.

Personally I don't care for the show. I think those 3 guys are not very interesting. Then again, I don't know of any cable metal show that had any good hosts (example: Headbangers Ball).

Also they tend to rely on older established bands and not any of the more recent bands. European bands are also under-represented in favor of American bands.

"Ginger People"

The Shocker

GodShifter

Used to watch it.

My .2 cents:

Horrible show with (usually) bad guests and boring interview segments. Not sure if they still do it, but when they'd 'rank' albums or bands on a converted chalk board, well, that was particularly cringeworthy.

After several years together the 'hosts' still have zero chemistry with each other (Trunk with the other two, especially).

ladysloth

it's so terrible sometimes, that it makes me laugh. some of the musicians they have on are interesting and fucking Eddie Trunk.

i also love to look at the audience, those are some serious people. and every episode, they call somewhat out for looking like famous metalhead. oh hey guys, everyone say hi to so and so. cam pans to audience member who sorta kinda looks like so and so.

since it is the only show with metal in the title, it gets DVRd at my place and over the years it has grown on me. it's like a kid brother i like to tease or shoot homemade blow darts at.

SabbathJeff

What all happened on the Neil Fallon episode tonight?  We aint got tv at the mo
Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.

ladysloth

haven't watched that one yet, I will have to report back later

Sam Hain

Neil was pretty funny. He was cool and played along with the douchebaggery of Eddie Trunk. Scott Gorham was cool...and Jake E Lee played guitar in between breaks. He sucked.

Sam Hain

Quote from: Sam Hain on July 17, 2013, 02:31:25 PM
Neil was pretty funny. Talked about a few Lemmy moments. He was cool and played along with the douchebaggery that is Eddie Trunk. Scott Gorham was cool. I'd like to jam with him. Always dug his playing...and Jake E Lee played guitar in between breaks. He sucked. His riffs sounded like some fuckhead playing at guitar center.

ladysloth

:D

I can't think of a single guest who played on that show who wasn't a Guitar Center Hero, including the drummers.

the one new thing I like this season is the Lemmy mic they make the audience speak into.

Mike IQ

I find it unintentionally hilarious - me and a friend are always imitating those guys and goofing on their constant pandering to guys who are often also-rans from the hair metal era. And pandering in such an unabashed way - every new solo album from the guy from Winger or whoever is the best album Eddie Trunk has heard in a while. I keep watching though because it's a train wreck. I remember when Marilyn Manson was on and he just clowned those guys because he's a really smart, witty guy and those three, not so much. It's weird because I remember when Florentine used to sit in on Howard Stern all the time and he was a pretty good addition to the crew. I guess good for him that he's got a steady TV gig.

Funny Eddie Trunk story - before That Metal Show, or before I knew about it anyway, I went to see the first Anthrax 'reunion' tour with Belladonna and Spitz around '05, and Eddie Trunk came out to introduce the band. I had no idea who the guy was, though I had ascertained that he was some FM radio dude. So in the midst of a break in his introduction, I yelled out "You look like a gym teacher!" and it just rang out across the theater and I got quite a few laughs.
"I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. And only then will you feel my pain." - Mike Tyson