Hotdogs

Started by Muffin Man, July 11, 2013, 03:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

black aspirin

I have these for lunch all the time.  45 calories each, to maintain my girlish figure.

This Juan goes to 11.

RAGER

I usually get the Negro National ones.  They're bigger
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

Every region in America's signature hotdog is good. I don't know about Californians with their non meat hotdogs but you can get a good hotdog just about anywhere.

black aspirin

Quote from: RAGER on July 13, 2013, 11:20:33 AM
I usually get the Negro National ones.  They're bigger

Iseewhatyoudidthere
This Juan goes to 11.

James1214

Fuck all of you for California bashing, tofu dogs are for pussies and self righteous assholes.

The quintessential San Francisco/Oakland hotdog is Bacon wrapped, served on a grilled bun, topped with grilled onions and peppers, some pickeled jalapeƱos and mustard. Its fucking delicious.
words

Muffin Man

I had what was billed at a German wiener (grilled) on steamed bun, grilled onions and saurkraut and housemade mustard of color leaning toward brown. Quickly found out that quality of the ingredients makes the  difference. I damn near barfed but it was a street fair so what are'ya gonna do? I was on and adventure! I don't like grilled onions on the dog. Listening to Chovie I'll try the grilled Braut tomorrow from a diff vendor who I know has it. Great summer fare for walking around - traveling "food"!

ps yeah, Gray's Papaya! They have grilled onions too, kinda reddish if I recall. Not for me though. The Kraut once in a while. The thing about Gray's in NYC, is it has the "snap" when you bite through.  ;D

deleted account

California has always been famous for its hot dogs

mortlock

Lumpy

I had a knockwurst yesterday with grainy mustard and sourkraut. I never liked kraut very much in the past, but maybe my tastes are changing. It was good on a wurst.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MadJohnShaft

You know the Charlie Murphy is cooking Johnsonville Brats commercial? (It says 1999 but it's from the 70s)

I've met THE actor that played Charlie Murphy a bunch of times.

Many of you wouldn't know how to properly cook a bratwurst
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Pissy

Johnsonvilles only made it down south inside the past 10 years or so. When I first moved here we couldn't get them anyways.

The best way to cook a brat is to buy one from Milwaukee County Stadium.

Vinyls.   deal.

Demon Lung

The best way to cook a brat is to buy one off a truck in Germany.

RAGER

Johnsonville brats are loaded with MSG.  Yum
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

Nothing wrong with MSG
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Demon Lung

Quote from: RAGER on July 16, 2013, 06:12:28 PM
Johnsonville brats are loaded with MSG.  Yum
shut the fuck up. Fucking brioche bread on a lobster roll. Fucking loser.

RAGER

You wouldn't know good food if you fucking choked on it ya fucktard.
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

Go eat some fucking turkey sausage. Douchebag...

JemDooM

I can get pretty good veggie ones, we compaired ingredients once when we were having a hotdog night with friends and no joke the ingredients were pretty much identical except that the meat ones had 20% "mechanically recovered meat" in them...

Mustard and thinly sliced gherkins for me....
DooM!

Demon Lung

Veggie and hotdog do not fit in the same category.

JemDooM

To be fair, that small percentage of mechanically recovered ears n balls does make all the difference....
DooM!

deleted account

JemDooM

Watch out priest! we'll give demon lung a semi again with all this talk of hotdogs n balls!
DooM!

Demon Lung

Actually hotdogs and balls don't give me semis.

deleted account