Hotdogs

Started by Muffin Man, July 11, 2013, 03:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

grilled NYC style minimal and with papaya drink. some condiments.
Chicago dog, loaded. Two types I heard of.

I'm making  Chi style right now. Celery seeds are amazing. Wish I had the proper bun and relish. Got the sport peppers

Lumpy

It's celery salt for the Chicago style.

I don't believe in the "dragged through the garden" Chicago style. No tomatoes, lettuce, green pepper etc. Leave the salad off my Red Hot. I like mustard, raw onions, pickle spear, bright green relish, hot peppers (sometimes).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

celery salt, I'll get some. Back sometime with a pic. I had: Jumbo dog, mayo on lousy bun ( a little mayo) The dog baked in foil to steam\plumpt it, fresh slice Jalapeno, pickled Jalapeno, Tomatillo salsa (verde). Didn't have any red tomato's. Celery seeds. On top - the kicker - a ribbon of Pho chilli sauce. (not rooster, thick Pho sauce pureed, no sign of red flakes.) Real hearty meal.

Lumpy

You don't need the celery salt. Not worth the trouble IMO. Most of my Chicago Red Hots did not have celery salt... and nobody cared. It's like snobby purism if people insist on celery salt, like insisting on organic limes with their tequila shots or something. You don't need it. I was just gently correcting you, when you said celery 'seeds'.

MadJohnShaft

If you don't like Chicago Style hotdogs as traditionally served it means you hate StonerRock.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Lumpy

"Dash" of celery salt = "not that important"

MadJohnShaft

White trash hillbilly hotdog with only ketchup - for children

Demon Lung

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on July 11, 2013, 10:51:17 AMWhite trash hillbilly hotdog with only ketchup - for children
actually that has no bean chili on it. With slaw, relish mustard and raw onion. That is the best hotdog in America.

Chovie D

why eat a hotdog at all when you could be eating a bratwurst instead?

that said my prefernce is for a Grays Papaya (NYC place).
Nathans at coney island.
Cleveland Stadium mustard

went to a party not long ago where they were serving chicago style. It was okay. plus Ive had a few at wrigley

but like I said bratwurst are where its at.

RAGER

No goddamm ketchup!! >:(
No Focus Pocus

Chovie D

get the celery salt anyway. good for bloody marys and it does add to the chicago dog

mustard only on a hotdog, ketchup and cut in t into bite sized peices if you are under 10 year old

mustard and onion on a brat..sometimes kraut.

thems the rules.

MadJohnShaft

People in California don't know what a bratwurst is and couldn't cook one properly

Chovie D

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on July 11, 2013, 01:23:38 PM
People in California don't know what a bratwurst is and couldn't cook one properly

most likely true. Motherfuckers here in seattle microwaved the god damn thing then tried to serve it to me.
:D

no sale.

Jor el

Chicago Style hot dog...

Chicago Style pizza...

Chicago Style Bullshit
What Would Scooby Do ?

black

Not a big hot dog fan, but in the past I have enjoyed watching the Hot Dog On A Stick folks squeeze lemonade. I however have never enjoyed their hot dogs.

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

deleted account

MadJohnShaft

They would boil it and put sprouts on it on a gross whole wheat bun

Demon Lung

The correct way to have a redneck chili/slaw dog is to take the type of hotdog that has chicken, beef, and pork in them. You have to fry them in a skillet. You want them to be black but not charred. Put that shit in a warm bun. Then you put the chili on first then the slaw then the relish then the mustard then the raw onion. And that my friend is how a hotdog should be eaten.

RAGER

Quote from: Demon Lung on July 11, 2013, 05:14:48 PM
The correct way to have a redneck chili/slaw dog is to take the type of hotdog that has chicken, beef, and pork in them. You have to fry them in a skillet. You want them to be black but not charred. Put that shit in a warm bun. Then you put the chili on first then the slaw then the relish then the mustard then the raw onion. And that my friend is how a hotdog should be eaten by a fat man.
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

Quote from: RAGER on July 11, 2013, 05:36:30 PM
Quote from: Demon Lung on July 11, 2013, 05:14:48 PM
The correct way to have a redneck chili/slaw dog is to take the type of hotdog that has chicken, beef, and pork in them. You have to fry them in a skillet. You want them to be black but not charred. Put that shit in a warm bun. Then you put the chili on first then the slaw then the relish then the mustard then the raw onion. And that my friend is how a hotdog should be eaten by a fat man.
once again the balding fat guy has to bring his crap to all the threads that he possibly can.

black

Save it for Gen Disc fellas.
Please.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Demon Lung

Thats what I'm saying...

mortlock

I love celery salt on a red dog..do up a pork hot, otherwise known as the white hotdog..

killer shit right there..

Lumpy

Hot dogs are one of the worser things you can eat (any kind of processed meat, really). When people feed hotdogs to their children, it kinda blows my mind.

Demon Lung