An Evening With Wild Man Fischer

Started by mortlock, September 04, 2013, 11:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

released in 1968 on bizarre records. produced by frank zappa.

this double album set is a must have for fans of the freak scene. I cant say ive ever heard a more fucked up record. 'wild man' larry fischer is recorded live on the street in front of the whisky a go go and the hamburger hamlet on sunset strip. zappa is credited in adding some percussion overdubs in the production phase of this record.

There is a killer track with the mothers and frank playing behind larry in the studio. if you are a zappa collector, you need this for that alone. zappa denied that it was them but we all know better..
wild man larry fischer is crazy as fuck and this album is a wild ride through his warped mind with zappa there bantering with him in the studio and providing a band for larry to use..captured live on this album.

neighbor664

I commandeered my MOM'S copy of this record along with a few Captain Beefheart albums in her collection. My mom was that cool.
I used to insert parts of it on all mixtapes I'd make for friends.

Circle!

mortlock

your mom may be the coolest chick to have ever lived in the history of women on this planet in this universe or any other that is, was or ever will be..

neighbor664

Quote from: mortlock on September 07, 2013, 01:05:49 AM
your mom may be the coolest chick to have ever lived in the history of women on this planet in this universe or any other that is, was or ever will be..

She was. She taught me a lot about music, particularly blues and early rock n' roll. I believe my love for music is synonymous with my love for my mother. I miss her.