Cocktails

Started by James1214, September 13, 2013, 01:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James1214

what are you go-to cocktails? and what recipe do you use?

white russian

1 part vodka
1 part kalua
1 part half and half

stir and serve over ice

dark and stormy

1 part dark rum
2 parts quality ginger beer i.e: bundaberg
1/2 part lime

add to glass with ice in order above, i dont stir them, like it to get stronger as i drink it
words

mortlock

1 part beer.
serve cold.

deleted account

Panty Droppers

Sex On The Beach but with coconut rum added.  drops my panties every time

khoomeizhi

old fashioned for me

bourbon
bitters
bit of sugar
tiny bit of water

don't care about orange or cherries.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

neighbor664

Manhattan
I drink them UP(in a martini glass)and prefer them made perfect(both sweet and dry vermouth)

Chill the glass by placing ice cubes and a little water in it, let it sit while you prepare the rest.
Pour into a shaker or tumbler glass full of ice:
Bourbon - 2 shots (3 oz) - Makers Mark is usually the prefered choice. According to historians the first Manhattans where made with Rye. That tastes pretty good too.
Sweet Vermouth - half a shot (.75oz)
Dry Vermouth - half a shot (.75oz)
Angostura Bitters - just a drop

Dump out the ice and water from the up glass.
Place a maraschino cherry in the empty glass with a few drops of the juice.

Cover the shaker and gently shake its contents, not too vigorously. If your drink is foamy you shook it too hard.

Pour and serve.

Sparkle Motion

3/4 Ounce Reposado
3/4 Ounce Canton
1/4 Ounce Lime Juice
1/2 Ounce Pineapple Juice
Plum Bitters
Orange Flower Water
Combine and shake with ice
Strain over fresh ice cubes
Top with Vita Malt Ginger Soda
"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

Sparkle Motion

Mai Tai

1/2 Ounce Cointreau
1 & 1/2 Ounce Dark Rum
3/4 Ounce Lime Juice
1 Ounce Orgeat Syrup
Combine all ingredients and shake with ice
Strain over fresh ice cubes
"There ain't much difference between the man I wanna be and the man that I really am."

JemDooM

Piña colada every time! Mix coconut milk, pure pressed pineapple juice and white rum to taste, I like to make sure it's thick, creamy, fruity and with a proper kick!
DooM!

juggernaut

In the summer it's mostly rum.  My personal fav rum is Pyrat.    I usually mix it with lime juice, coconut water, and pineapple juice.  Or lime juice with ginger ale.

I also like campari mixed with lemon juice and a splash of pineapple juice.

Dirty vodka, ie couple of shots of vodka on the rocks with either spicy pickle juice or olive juice. 

RAGER

I had an Old Fashioned yesterday made with Smith & Cross rum.  Fantastic.
No Focus Pocus

BrianDamage

Old Fashioned made with rye whiskey.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

Pissy

I'm looking for a new cocktail to carry through the summer.   Any ideas?

Past experience tells me that refreshing is like the first priority.  So for example, given how behind the curve I am, last year was the tried and true mule.  I've also had something we call a Beer-tail (pint glass full of ice, shot of St Germaine, fill glass almost all the way with really any beer, top with grapefruit juice) over a summer to great success.   

I'm thinking mint julep-ish perhaps with iced tea vodka. 

Any ideas?  Bonus points for drinks without lime, since one of our crew has a weird lime reaction- not really an allergy, but a crappy disagreement nonetheless.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

So what it seems like we're talking about something over ice and not a shakey served up that renders about 4 oz. of deliciousness that you can slam and be fucked up flatter than hammered shit this n less than an hour.

I like Vermouths and soda, be it Lillet blanc, lillet Rosé, Cocchi Americano, Cocchi Torino or a Spanish variety.

Then there's Campari, Aperol or amaros like Miletti, Fernet, Foro.

All these are great with sodas or flavored sodas. Add a hit of citrus or an orange garnish peel or wheel, and or Prosecco, Cava. Sky's the limit. If you want a higher ABV add an ounce or two of gin or vodka.

No lime?  What even the fuck do they eat?!?
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Crown and Coke. dandy it up with a wedge of lemon,  or not,. boom done. it is refreshing and. basucally like colored water so no liability from overserving. no hangover. axs me, I put down 750ml last night , sippy-sippy all night a dozen. pick up some tiny stiir straws if you're sporto.

RAGER

Damn!  Fukn pro. I been pretty chill as of late. Couple fridays ago me and a buddy plowed most of a case of Pabst and drunk jammed so I been chill.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Rager: Yeah, it can be a problem for her.

I would rephrase to ... not be fucked up flatter than hammered shit.  Looking for refreshment before abv, I think.

MM: Crown and coke tends to get too far into the realm of "I'm a different person when I drink _____" for a drink to make for a bunch of guests. Plus, that seems to be more of a blue chip year-round drink. 

Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

Ah, well that's probably true. also too sugary, too sweet. Vodka is kinda safe but, um. No nothing is actually safe. Always specify a designated driver.

oh hey, a bunch of guests? jungle juice; a 10 gallon bucket type thing. Make it your own. People can add mint, or pineapple, or jalapeno whatevs from the self serve trays. mix it up, pickled beans, chocolate  pretzels, a can of whipped cream? woop woop.

Pissy

SparkleMotion suggested this and it looks up my alley.  They call it Spaghetti.  Aperol into a bottle of high life with lemon juice. 

https://playswellwithbutter.com/spaghett-drink-recipe/

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

I've heard of that one. Maybe from him. I'll have to try that.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

I just made one.  It's fine, but not quite what I'm after.  Not that I know what I'm after. 
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Getter to the bottom of the drink it has an aftertaste not dissimilar to diet sodas.  Aspertame type aftertaste. 
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

Just popped an Imperial cider. Maybe there's a cider cocktail? kinda candy-ish to be honest but a refreshing Summer whistle-wetter.

Pressed golden orange apricots dominate this uniquely tart Northwest Imperial Cider.
8.5% ABV
INGREDIENTS 100% Fresh Pressed Apple Cider / Apple Juice Concentrate / Apricot Juice Concentrate / Natural Essence / Contains Sulfites / Gluten Free

The simple and natural flavors of fresh pressed watermelon and the fleshy stalks of Michigan grown Rhubarb complement each other in this clean, crisp, and refreshing cider. A tasteful balance of sweet and tart - this cider has it all.
6.0% ABV
INGREDIENTS 100% Fresh Pressed Apple Cider / Apple Juice Concentrate / Pineapple Juice Concentrate / Plum Juice Concentrate / Passion Fruit Juice Concentrate / Natural Flavors / Citric Acid / Contains Sulfites / Gluten Free

Pissy

So yeah neither me nor the wife cared for Aperol.  Which is a shame now that I still have most of it. 

I'm now thinking Soda Stream + lemonade into a spiked Arnold Palmer. Or maybe just make lemonade with club soda to get there.  
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

So i just got a soda stream.  Mind=blown. 

I threw together a cream soda in a single minute.  And it's tasty. 

So now I'm wondering if I should infuse the carbonated water with teabags or make lemonade out of carbonated water.  Carbonating flavored water is apparently a no no.  

So far in the past 48 hrs my quest for a summer cocktail has cost me about $150.  If I find it, it'll be worth it.  I think.  

But that would almost buy enough beer to carry me through the summer.  It'd be about 6 cases of PBR here. 

Also no one ever told me that a soda stream was not an electric device.  I could totally make soda during a power outage.  
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Heard of em but not familiar. We just buy flavored soda water stuff. Can you hook 'em up to a regular cylinder ir just the little things? 

Too bad about the Aperol. Bring it with you when you come out to visit because you're doing that. E and I have already decided that.
No Focus Pocus