Most labor-intensive foods to eat...

Started by RacerX, October 23, 2013, 04:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

Goddam these roasted/salted sunflower seeds!!

I've been eating them for half an hour and am now in a caloric deficit—and I thought pistachios were bad...

What are your picks for foods that meet the description in the thread title??
Livin' The Life.

deleted account

what are you doing, opening each one by hand?

walnuts
almonds
pecans
anything you need a nutcracker for
pomegranates

JemDooM

A really hot curry, when your sweating and your mouth is on fire and you have to dare yourself to carry on ;) good times...

I always say, the harder something is to eat, the tastier it is...

Spag Bol
An over filled burrito/fajita
Langoustines/king prawns/mussels
Artichokes
Corn on the cob
DooM!

RacerX

Quote from: priest on October 23, 2013, 08:09:50 PM
what are you doing, opening each one by hand?

Is there some other way?

I suppose I could have just swallowed them, hulls & all, but that's way too much salt for me (& I love salty foods).
Livin' The Life.

deleted account

you gotta be kidding me.  take a small handful, throw 'em all in yo mouf, transfer to one cheek.  extract one at a time with teeth/ tongue, crack open with teeth, separate seed meat from shell with tongue, chew and swallow seed meat, spit out shell (without excess saliva).  repeat.  that's why they call sunflower seeds "spits"

deleted account

RacerX

Quote from: priest on October 24, 2013, 01:29:30 PM
you gotta be kidding me.  take a small handful, throw 'em all in yo mouf, transfer to one cheek.  extract one at a time with teeth/ tongue, crack open with teeth, separate seed meat from shell with tongue, chew and swallow seed meat, spit out shell (without excess saliva).  repeat.  that's why they call sunflower seeds "spits"

Fuck that. I ain't no chipmunk.
Livin' The Life.

deleted account

neither am I, but I ain't about to have no chipmunk laugh at me cuz I don't know how to eat sunflower seeds

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Gott figure the unshelled sunflower seeds/pomegranate diet would be brutal.
Livin' The Life.

khoomeizhi

hickory nuts. low-yield wild-collected stuff like wild bean. small animals with tiny bones. wasp and ant brood.

re: shell-in sunflower seeds: there's an incisor-to-incisor bite technique that cracks the seeds that wouldn't necessitate consuming all the salt. only your fingers and teeth need to touch the shell. faster than thumbnails.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Chovie D

deleted account

non-red lentils.  takes fucking forever and lots of concentration to completely separate a pound of them from rocks, dirt clods, tiny pieces of glass, etc.  where the fuck are they growing this shit?

Demon Lung

deleted account

how in the hell are ribs labor-intensive to eat?

Demon Lung

deleted account

that's just it, I don't have a problem eating ribs.  takes like half a second to wipe my face every few bites, and then I wash up after.  whoooooo!  laborious!

Demon Lung

Jesus fucking Christ you fucking mongoloid. Leave me alone. When I eat ribs and such I have to shampoo my beard and pick my teeth for a fucking hour. Very labor intensive you fucking mongoloid.

deleted account

so, I'm a fucking mongoloid for not having advance knowledge that you eat ribs like a 2-year-old with a beard?  a fucking mongoloid?

Demon Lung

Quote from: priest on October 25, 2013, 10:13:53 PM
so, I'm a fucking mongoloid for not having advance knowledge that you eat ribs like a 2-year-old with a beard?  a fucking mongoloid?
yeah you are a fucking mongoloid and now you will be blocked just like your homeboy leathers. Congrats mongoloid...

Demon Lung

Yo priest instead of hanging on my nuts like a jungle gym like you have been doing why don't you and your girlfriend racer go clean some red lentils.

RacerX

Quote from: Demon Lung on October 26, 2013, 07:16:07 AM
Yo priest instead of hanging on my nuts like a jungle gym like you have been doing why don't you and your girlfriend racer go clean some red lentils.

Awwwww.

u mad, bro?
Livin' The Life.

deleted account

no DL, it's not the red lentils.  see, if you go back and read my post where... oh shit, you can't- because you have me blocked!  fuck!

JemDooM

Haha! You guys are funny...

What in satans hell kind of lentils do you buy that they come clogged up with rocks and glass!!? Wtf! Here you can just buy a nice clean bag of em for a pound, no glass or rocks....
DooM!