A complicated mix..

Started by MR. CREEPER, October 25, 2013, 10:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. CREEPER

Alright. So, most recently in my personal writing and listening, a certain conundrum has occurred. I have been rethinking personal interests musically and a combination of topics from here from before. Mainly the guilty pleasures musically and music not Doom, or Stoner related.
I have on many posted expressed my love for Dio-era Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, etc. I wanted to delve further with some more recent re-discovery for some more grandiose, heavy music. Preferably a love for Savatage, and an assimilation of styling deferred from Dio-era Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Uriah Heep, Lizzy etc. I know there has to be some love for this amongst you all, so I figured I would drop in again for this, and ask... Can you guys appreciate where I'm coming from with this?

RacerX

I love all the stuff you mentioned besides Savatage, which I personally consider terrible & 100x cheesier than the cheesiest output of the rest.

I guess I just don't connect with that symphonic metal style.
Livin' The Life.

MR. CREEPER

I can apprecaiate that. I know not everyone digs Savatage, but I have always had a love for them primarily due to Criss Oliva's guitar playing, but they also got it from that "power metal" approach with a mix of intensity of NWOBHM and the imagery of Dio/Sabbath/Rainbow type storyness.

The Bandit

I agree with Racer 100%.  I have a friend who loves Savatage and I just can't get into that.

You didn't mention UFO, that has to be an oversight?

MR. CREEPER

Sorry, Bandit. No disrespect meant. I Love me some UFO.