Recipes--Your Specialty

Started by black, September 28, 2011, 01:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Next time I get some meat I want to try this Spanish Chilndron Stew Recipe

http://honest-food.net/2011/10/02/spanish-chilindron-stew/
Some days chickens, some days feathers

RAGER

Made seared pork chops with a spiced apple compote on a bed of steamed kale and taters au gratin and carmelized onions as a side.

No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

mortlock

i cant mix the sweetness of the apples with the rest of that.

rager, please help cure me of my phobia of cooking pork chops. i love them but am afraid of cooking them because i dont want to under cook and i never know when their done..

Demon Lung

Quote from: mortlock on December 07, 2013, 05:08:43 PM

rager, please help cure me of my phobia of cooking pork chops. i love them but am afraid of cooking them because i dont want to under cook and i never know when their done..
poke the meat. When it is firm but not hard it is done

mortlock

Quote from: Demon Lung on December 07, 2013, 05:32:21 PM

if you said that to bolt, it would take on a whole different meaning..

Demon Lung

On medium heat in a sauce pan you should let it cook for about 5 min on each side to sear

RAGER

Quote from: Demon Lung on December 07, 2013, 05:32:21 PM

That's for beef and other red meats not for pork or fowl.  If in doubt with pork or fowl, temp check it.  Should be 155 for pork then let rest under foil.  Fowl should be 165.  If they are the super thin loin chops pan on med high heat and sear for about 2 min each side then let rest for 1-2 min under foil enjoy immediately.  Trichinosis is a bygone thing pretty much.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Last night I made chicken adn shrimp pozole with chicken skin cracklins and queso fresco.  Damn good

No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

I'd eat it because is eat anything but that just looks fucking weird dude.

RAGER

That's because you are am uncultured fuck with no depth that thinks chili dogs are haute cuisine.
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

Chili cheese dogs are good as fuck son. Make no mistakes...

Demon Lung

And I've had escargot in Paris before rager. Have you?

RAGER

Don't make out like you're a world traveler,  you were on the military's dime. And really escargot?  That's as exotic as your feable mind can summon. Jesus your an idiot.
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

The military's dime has nothing to do with the experiences that i had while I was over seas. I still had the experiences no matter whose dime they were on. I've tripped out in Amsterdam. I've had homemade raviolis in Italy. I've actually had Turkish coffee. Not in turkey but in Hungary and that's right by there.

MichaelZodiac

Check your geography moron. Budapest is about 1.4k km from Istanbul. Plus, you can get Turkish coffee in any Turkish neighborhood in any European city ::)
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Demon Lung

Demon Lung

Istanbul is 659 miles from taszar Hungary. That's where I was. My geography is pretty much dead on. I just looked it up. That's how I know everything. I use google if I don't. It's a pretty basic concept. You should try it. You are off by a few hundred kilometers. Either way this isnt the place to be arguing and name calling. This is the food forum and should be treated as such...

MichaelZodiac

No it isn't the place to discuss but my guess was 70k off so I guess we just disagree on the word "close by".
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on December 09, 2013, 12:20:48 PM
That's because you are am uncultured fuck with no depth that thinks chili dogs are haute cuisine.
that should look good to you regardless of what culture youre from. serious.

khoomeizhi

- don't tell jeff -

made a badass rabbit stew last night...eating it again now.

got a local half-rabbit for cheap. cut it into a few pieces, saving the hind leg to freeze and use later. saved out all the fat (one nice thing about rabbit is how it's easily-separable lean meat and fat deposits), and rendered it down, took out the crackliny bits, and browned the meat in straight liquid rabbit fat. after a while, added a bunch of chopped shallot, onion, garlic, ginger, celery, tomatillo, and yacon. cooked for a bit, then added water and a bunch of home-dried stuff: two little red 'wellness' peppers (hot yet tasty ornamental ones), armenian sorrel, thyme, costulata zucchini, and home-grown shiitakes. simmered on for a while, then pulled out the meat and added a handful of little brown lentils, some wild rice, and a tiny bit of gaba brown rice. let it simmer, picked and chopped the meat, and added it back in sans bones, added some home-grown purple sweet potatoes, turnip, broccoli stem, and lacinato. cooked for a bit more, salted, and set to go. rich, hearty, spicy cold-weather food.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

RAGER

Damn, there's a lot going on in that thar stew.  That's what I call a mountain chowder.
No Focus Pocus

khoomeizhi

JemDooM

That sounds delicious khoomz, I only ever tried rabbit once it was really good...

In hindsight tho.... I was around 5-6, my rabbit had been found passed away that morning, I thought we were gonna bury her in the garden like we did with the hamsters/mice/fish etc but my mum said she'd taken her round to my grandparents to bury her in their garden while I was in school, which I remember thinking was strange. That night we went round to theirs and strangely we had rabbit stew, something we never had and never did again. I didn't think anything of it til years later ~.^
DooM!

khoomeizhi

eek jumz. i generally avoid eating pets. just a thing i've got.