need a TV series to watch

Started by retardgroove, February 24, 2014, 01:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

It's a good series. Much of it is true to the way things happened.  If you can watch any of the ESPN 30 For 30 docs, there is a 3 part series that deals with the Lakers/Celtics rivalry in the 80s.  It's really good.  Also a doc on HBO that deals with the Magic/Bird rivalry.  Again, very good. 
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

i went to watch the first episode of metal lords today and realized its not a series. movie review in other thread.

Dylan Thomas

I really liked the first Season of Picard.  Epic worlds built upon the existing Star Trek tradition, compelling and well conceived sci-fi concepts, and just the right amount of action.

The second season has completely jumped the shark.

I also loved the first season of that show Undone: the actress is great, the rotoscoped animation really works with the mind-bending themes, and it ended well.  I was almost hoping they wouldn't make a second season.

They did.  And while I haven't watched enough to determine if it has also jumped the shark, it's nowhere as good as the first season so far.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

stooge

i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

RAGER

And body watch The White Lotus?  It's Fukn great.
No Focus Pocus

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: RAGER on July 05, 2022, 04:46:53 PM
And body watch The White Lotus?  It's Fukn great.

I've watched the old 1980 kung fu flick The Clan of the White Lotus, though I'd imagine that you're talking about something else.

What's The White Lotus??

RAGER

Takes place at an island resort. Different stories of the guests but at the center is the hotel mgr. who is Fukn awesome. Eventually loses his shit.

Good stuff. Only 8 episodes I think.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Voyeurism including Connie Britton?  Count me in.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Really good.  Hotel Mgr was awesome.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

I've watched it twice. He's hilarious.

"Would you like to find out?"  Hahahaha!!!
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

It's like the anti-hero is the villain.  And the douchebags are actually the victims. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

What do you imagine he's smiling about in the end?
No Focus Pocus

renfield

I thought White Lotus was great. I love Sydney Sweeney and not just for her acting

RAGER

If you haven't already, check out The Voyeurs to see "more" of her.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Just watched season 1 of "The Bear". Dude from Shameless plays a fine dining chef who inherits his brothers Chicago Beef mess of a sandwich shop.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

I've heard great things about The Bear. Did you find its portrayal of kitchen culture accurate?

RAGER

Some aspects yes, others no but it's def worth watching. Some parts are very anxiety inducing.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: stooge on May 14, 2022, 02:53:26 PM
dopesick
is real good!
Just ripped through this too. Very very good.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

Quote from: RAGER on July 20, 2022, 09:55:44 AM
Some aspects yes, others no but it's def worth watching. Some parts are very anxiety inducing.

Just finished the first season. Great show. It really gets the kitchen dynamic and how tensions can escalate really well. I don't know why the fuck my man was trying to taste test donuts in the middle of the worst rush ever, didn't really seem realistic to me. Also the whole twist with the cash seemed pretty dumb to me but I guess it's based on real stories the show creator has heard.

RAGER

I except the cash part. Don't see how that's possible. Those cans just sitting there is inventory and works against your food costs.
No Focus Pocus

stooge

thanks a bunch  guys for letting me know about this show - it's fuckin' dope!
so good to see jeremy allen white again - he was outstanding in shameless - amazing actor
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

Dylan Thomas

I've been watching The Sandman series, and.....I actually like it quite a bit!

Pissy

It's pretty good.  But Episode 6 (I think) feels like a brand new season.  Never read the comics, but there's 10 trade volumes out there so they can carry this series out for quite a while. 
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

bout to get into season 2 of reservation dogs. i love the first one.