need a TV series to watch

Started by retardgroove, February 24, 2014, 01:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: Pissy on August 08, 2022, 12:03:12 PM
It's pretty good.  But Episode 6 (I think) feels like a brand new season.  Never read the comics, but there's 10 trade volumes out there so they can carry this series out for quite a while.

Is it some mythological stuff, faeries, Emperor Norton, that sort of thing?

That's in the comics, usually to break up some of the heavier and darker sections of the storyline.

The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

jmucke

I am in the middle of In With The Devil (or Black Bird). 6-pt-mini-series developed (and mostly written) by Dennis Lehane about a convicted drug dealer who makes a deal with the FBI to trick a confession out of a fellow inmate, a serial killer who is about to be set free. Very well written, acted and directed. Ray Liotta in a supporting role, his last hooray.

Pissy

Quote from: Dylan Thomas on August 09, 2022, 09:13:00 AM
It's pretty good.  But Episode 6 (I think) feels like a brand new season.  Never read the comics, but there's 10 trade volumes out there so they can carry this series out for quite a while.

Is it some mythological stuff, faeries, Emperor Norton, that sort of thing?

That's in the comics, usually to break up some of the heavier and darker sections of the storyline.

No, they introduced a new plotline with Rose Walker.   I guess it's episode 7.  6 deals with Hob among other things, which was a good episode.

I don't think that spoils anything.
Vinyls.   deal.

lftwng4

Early Sandman was pretty great.  Gaiman used it on occasion to tell stories mostly unrelated to the characters.  One issue that stands out to me was a serial killer convention on the down low.  Just some really interesting ideas. I gotta dig those out of my attic and read them again

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: lftwng4 on August 09, 2022, 09:28:25 PM
Early Sandman was pretty great.  Gaiman used it on occasion to tell stories mostly unrelated to the characters.  One issue that stands out to me was a serial killer convention on the down low.  Just some really interesting ideas. I gotta dig those out of my attic and read them again

Yeah, I'm digging them out too, because now Liz wants to read them.  I don't think I have them all anymore, as my ex took a lot of our comics when we split a decade ago.

Interestingly, I was just talking with one of my co-workers today about the serial killer convention and how off the chain that was.  Sandman was very ahead of its time.

I watched some of the Hobs episode, though fell asleep.  Yes, the first trade really had two distinct storylines, this is true.  I just can't remember anymore where all those extra little tales with the faeries and Emperor Norton and such fall within the main storyline.

While we're on the subject, does anyone like the Books of Magic comics that Gaiman also did, with Timothy Hunter?  Some of that material is also quite....spellbinding ;-)

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on September 11, 2022, 07:14:55 PM
Cobra Kai mfrs.
this new season is so good. im about to watch the last episode tomorrow.

RAGER

Lovin it.

I also watched The Price is Right thing. What a nerd. How long do you think that dude whacked it to Holly giving him a kiss.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

mortlock

im going to admit that i liked she hulk. make fun of me if you want.

mortlock

started andor. im digging it. better than kenobi so far. 

RAGER

We're almost halfway through Dahmer on Netflix. Whoah! 

Fukn dark of course but damn....got into my dreams.

It's pretty good but he forewarned it might creep into your subconscious in the wee hours.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Netflix took and is taking some heat over tagging that series LGBTQ.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Whatever. The majority of his victims were gay men. His hunting grounds were gay bars. What is a "tag" anyways really? 
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: mortlock on September 25, 2022, 09:14:05 PM
im going to admit that i liked she hulk. make fun of me if you want.

To each their own.  Just do what's in our nature, nothing to mock.

James1214

The lady and I watched The Lincoln Lawyer. I enjoyed it, I'm not usually one for legal courtroom drama type shows but the acting is top notch, and the story is pretty compelling.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

words

RAGER

Had to stop watching dahmer after a few episodes. Too heavy.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Wife watched it during her lunch hours.  Said it was pretty messed up.   More so the response to the complaints, and how it was able to continue as a result.  Sickening. I can imagine not being able to get through it myself. 
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

Not a full series but holy shit, the speed cubers on netflix is a must watch. Max park is unreal and feliks is too. Dudes are crushed if they dont solve the 3x3 in under like 6.2 seconds. Dont get me started on the one hand competitions.

Pissy

I want to get you started on the one hand competitions
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

I just finished the Welcome to Wrexham series about Ryan Reynolds and Rob McHelheny buying the Welsh football club.  It was good. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

SparkleMotion turned me onto F is for Family. Pretty funny stuff
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

It gets dark and weird, but it's good. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Dad what's for dinner?  Free food!  Quit yer bitchin! 
No Focus Pocus