PIZZA

Started by mortlock, September 30, 2011, 01:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Neutron

if you like blts, you like it.
not an everyday type of thing, but once or twice a year its pretty enjoyable.
"Where words fail, music speaks."

mortlock

if theres mayo on it than it probably kicks ass..

RAGER

flatbread breakfast pizza from the other morning
No Focus Pocus

juggernaut

Balsamic fig pizza the wife and I made a little while ago.

fresh homegrown figs and arugla
grated pecorino romano
crumbled goat cheese
balsamic drizzle

It was delish.

RAGER

that looks really good.  i would have opted for a lemon anchovy vinaigrette instead of the balsamic but hey it's not ma pizza.
No Focus Pocus

juggernaut

Quote from: RAGER on September 10, 2012, 11:19:50 AM
that looks really good.  i would have opted for a lemon anchovy vinaigrette instead of the balsamic but hey it's not ma pizza.

Well, I'm not an anchovy person so the wife was being kind to me.  That and I don't think she would have thought of that either.  It definitely needed some acid to cut through the sweetness of the figs and the richness of the goat cheese. 

MikeyT

Quote from: juggernaut on September 09, 2012, 11:28:44 PM
Balsamic fig pizza the wife and I made a little while ago.

fresh homegrown figs and arugla
grated pecorino romano
crumbled goat cheese
balsamic drizzle

It was delish.

I'd pay you to make me one of those but I don't live in the neighborhood.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

MadJohnShaft

Pizza from the PNW and California is close to immoral. You people should go back to your granola bean sprouts Lattes and leave the real deal to Chicago.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Demon Lung

Pizza in chicago isn't even pizza. It's a fucking meat casserole

RAGER

chicago pizza blows chunks.  how can anybody eat more than 1/3 of a piece?  FATTY.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

the only time id ever eat a chicago style pizza is if i was in chicago..

Lumpy

There's great thin crust pizza in Chicago, don't kid yourself. Not that many places make deep dish pizza. If you think deep dish is all they eat, you don't know shit. Also, the only deep dish pizza to get would be spinach, or spinach/mushrooms (no meat). If you ordered your deep dish pizza with meat, you played yourself (exception: Lou Malnotti's deep dish sausage is a rare, guilty pleasure. Yes, it does come with a solid disc of sausage meat, but the crust and sauce make it work). If you insist on ordering the wrong stuff, you're beyond help.

If we're going to diss pizzas, get your fruity balsamic figgy pizza the fuck oot of here. That doesn't even qualify as pizza, it's an abomination. Same with a 'breakfast pizza' -- that looks like a crime against pizza. The only proper "breakfast  pizza" is last night's leftovers, served cold. I also see a BLT pizza (lettuce on a pizza? Jesus wept.) You people have a lot of nerve dissing Chicago pizza. I'll bet none of you have even been to Chicago (maybe a few days at most.) Lets get down to brass tacks: Pizza comes with tomato sauce. Once in a blue moon, you can go with a white pizza or pesto, if you're feeling crazy. Barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, fruits, goat cheese, salad on top -- stop calling it pizza.

Also, there is bad pizza everywhere in the USA. I don't care what area you name, I guarantee you can find some below-average or lousy pizza there (and not just the national chains).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Demon Lung

Quote from: Lumpy on September 16, 2012, 05:57:57 AM
There's great thin crust pizza in Chicago, don't kid yourself. Not that many places make deep dish pizza. If you think deep dish is all they eat, you don't know shit. Also, the only deep dish pizza to get would be spinach, or spinach/mushrooms (no meat). If you ordered your deep dish pizza with meat, you played yourself (exception: Lou Malnotti's deep dish sausage is a rare, guilty pleasure. Yes, it does come with a solid disc of sausage meat, but the crust and sauce make it work). If you insist on ordering the wrong stuff, you're beyond help.

If we're going to diss pizzas, get your fruity balsamic figgy pizza the fuck oot of here. That doesn't even qualify as pizza, it's an abomination. Same with a 'breakfast pizza' -- that looks like a crime against pizza. The only proper "breakfast  pizza" is last night's leftovers, served cold. I also see a BLT pizza (lettuce on a pizza? Jesus wept.) You people have a lot of nerve dissing Chicago pizza. I'll bet none of you have even been to Chicago (maybe a few days at most.) Lets get down to brass tacks: Pizza comes with tomato sauce. Once in a blue moon, you can go with a white pizza or pesto, if you're feeling crazy. Barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, fruits, goat cheese, salad on top -- stop calling it pizza.

Also, there is bad pizza everywhere in the USA. I don't care what area you name, I guarantee you can find some below-average or lousy pizza there (and not just the national chains).
I didn't diss Chicago pizza. I just said that deep dish isn't a pizza it's a casserole. So you can find ny style pizza in Chicago but it's hard to find Afro dish in ny. That says it all. I have no clue about chicagos real pizza

Metal and Beer

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on September 15, 2012, 07:25:29 AM
Pizza from the PNW and California is close to immoral. You people should go back to your granola bean sprouts Lattes and leave the real deal to Chicago.

RedNeckShaft   :D
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

I tried to rant a little bit about pizza, how did I do?

NY pizza is -- overall -- mostly pretty average, there are some amazing ones but also tons of average/below average ones too. Quality varies widely, but it's hard to make a pizza so bad that you can't finish your slice. I've only had two slices like that, both in New York (one was BBQ, one was ranch. Never again!)

RAGER

Ranch on pizza!!??
No Focus Pocus

ez

As someone who's been to Italy many times I demand this thread be deleted.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

mortlock

lumpy, you sir are dead wrong on the breakfast pizza comment. how dare you??
i do agree leftover pizza is great for breakfast, but so is breakfast pizza when done right..im sure you can find a killer breakfast pizza near you..

astroman

What's wrong with meat + deep dish?
But yeah, tomato sauce necessary.

Lumpy

Quote from: astroman on September 19, 2012, 10:42:25 PM
What's wrong with meat + deep dish?
But yeah, tomato sauce necessary.

Too much meat can be gross. Especially pizza meat (pepperoni, sausage)

peoplething

In Norway, they don't put any kind of sauce at all on their pizza. It's basically cheesy bread with whatever toppings you want.

Their crust is thick, flaky and more akin to a 3/4" inch homemade dessert pie crust than a pizza crust.

it may have been to rich for me though, I could easily eat half a large myself, but about 2 hours later my gas propelled me over Oslo rooftops.

fairly representative of their pizza:

https://www.peppes.no/pp08/app/?wicket:interface=:3::::
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Jor el

My bro had Prizza in Norway (just to see if it could possibly be worse than Vermont).
Said it was a pool of oil.
What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

Scandinavians should stick to hott blondes and Rock and Roll
No Focus Pocus

peoplething

Yeah it was pretty oily. The depth of the pool varied from place to place though.

Near as I could tell, the oil comes from the super rich/weirdo cheese they put on; it's not mozzarella, at least none I've run across. They called it that... but it wasn't by any stretch.

My wife thought it was alot closer to brie than mozza.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator