Main Menu

PIZZA

Started by mortlock, September 30, 2011, 01:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lftwng4

Had a pizza the other night at Maumee Bay Brewing:  greek with chicken, but they also put cucumbers on it.  Tasty.

mortlock

greatest pizza ever..the calamari pizza..

I,Galactus

:o @ calamari-za... DO WANT

Good news, everyone! /prof farnsworth

I lost 10lb and got my BP down 20 pts.  Headed to mellow mushroom and celebrating with salt-bomb pizza and IPA tonite!

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Lumpy

I would walk 10 miles to eat that Calamari Pizza.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

peoplething

Mellow Mushroom!!!

we ate at a mellow mushroom ages ago when we were in savanah. I was surprised at how good there pie was, and the decent beer selection they had. Even when the atmosphere/clientele went from high as hell dirty hippies hanging out to frat college dance party USA.

I usually don't expect much in the way of good food or beer selection from those places.

cool place
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

libertycaps

I've been gettin' Lonesome's pie delivered to the house lately. It's NY/WC hybrid type and fuckin' ace, save one bad experience.

Menu link:
http://www.lonesomespizza.com/?page_id=47

Jor el

Their web page design is awesome.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Demon Lung

Quote from: MikeyT on September 30, 2011, 02:04:51 PM

C'mon, now. Don't you like pineapple with ham or Canadian bacon ?
Canadian bacon is ham not bacon

Jor el

uh....I think that's what he was sayin'.
What Would Scooby Do ?

MikeyT

Hee, hee. Yes. Yes it was.  ;D

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

Mr Neutron

last night i had:

bbq sauce, chicken, bacon, and garlic. (it's the designated hockey game pizza)
another wonderful standby is italian beef, and giardinara.

still trying to figure out the right accompaniments to bourbon chicken... mushrooms, and?
"Where words fail, music speaks."

RAGER

If things work out I may be able to have my favorite pizza in hood river at this place

http://doublemountainbrewery.com/
No Focus Pocus

libertycaps

No shit? Wow. Charlie Devereux would be a great Boss. One of the chillist people i've ever met.
Stellar beer. I think they wood smoke their pizza pies too.

RAGER

Nope they have them hotter than shit like 800-900 degree thin crust East coast type.  super good.  Across the rive in Bingen is another one of my fav pizza places called Solstice.  that shit is wood fired.  http://www.solsticewoodfirecafe.com/
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

Quote from: RAGER on January 03, 2012, 09:44:35 PM
Nope they have them hotter than shit like 800-900 degree thin crust East coast type.  super good.  Across the rive in Bingen is another one of my fav pizza places called Solstice.  that shit is wood fired.  http://www.solsticewoodfirecafe.com/
coal fired is the shit wood fired wishes it was coal fired. Only 3 places in NYC allowed to have coal fired. Angelo's by the Ed Sullivan theater is the best pizza that I've ever  had. Everything about it was perfect. It was like they made the mozzarella in the place. I've been everywhere in the us and you can't find better pizza anywhere in America. Chicago pizza isn't even pizza. It's a fucking meat casserole. Some places in Cali do alright but the vegetarians ruin pizza there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAGER

Quote from: Demon Lung on January 03, 2012, 09:52:21 PM
coal fired is the shit wood fired wishes it was coal fired. Only 3 places in NYC allowed to have coal fired. Angelo's by the Ed Sullivan theater is the best pizza that I've ever  had. Everything about it was perfect. It was like they made the mozzarella in the place. I've been everywhere in the us and you can't find better pizza anywhere in America. Chicago pizza isn't even pizza. It's a fucking meat casserole. Some places in Cali do alright but the vegetarians ruin pizza there.

Well up here in the NW we pride ourselves on being complete food snobs.  We take the best of what every region has and put a slight spin on it.  Not much of a spin but enough to know that the shit is full on local fare hand done snob fare.  Sure we have a lot of shit around here for the average Joe Schmuck but they don't know shit about fuck anywhere you go.  So I'd be willing to bet that our artisan pizzas here rival anything in Ny or New Haven.

BAAM!!
No Focus Pocus

libertycaps

Nope they have them hotter than shit like 800-900 degree thin crust East coast type.  super good.  Across the rive in Bingen is another one of my fav pizza places called Solstice.  that shit is wood fired.  http://www.solsticewoodfirecafe.com/
Ha. No wonder the pizza there last we had to send back cuz it was this side of burnt. Took some arm twistin' but we got another pie not so Okie well done!

AND PNW BEER KILLS ALL OTHER BEER BREWED EAST OF US. THAT IS A STONE COLD FUCKIN' FACT, JACK.
Who gives a fuck about pizza when you got beer like we got?! ;)

RAGER

Don't ever go to Apizza Scholls.  No amount of arm twisting will get you another pie.  they'd likely kick you out
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

Quote from: RAGER on January 03, 2012, 10:29:51 PM
Quote from: Demon Lung on January 03, 2012, 09:52:21 PM

Well up here in the NW we pride ourselves on being complete food snobs.  We take the best of what every region has and put a slight spin on it.  Not much of a spin but enough to know that the shit is full on local fare hand done snob fare.  Sure we have a lot of shit around here for the average Joe Schmuck but they don't know shit about fuck anywhere you go.  So I'd be willing to bet that our artisan pizzas here rival anything in Ny or New Haven.

BAAM!!
NYC pizza is all about the water that is used to make the dough. A lot of restuarants across the USA get NYC tap water shipped to them so they can use the water to make their dough. Pizza isn't supposed to have any more than 2 toppings on them. Pizza that has more than 2 toppings isn't pizza. What I've noticed about northwest pizza is too many toppings. I am a pizza nazi. I've had pizza in Italy. To can have your artisan pizza all that you want and some artisan pizzas are great. But nothing beats a plain slice

libertycaps

Quote from: RAGER on January 04, 2012, 10:31:31 AM
Don't ever go to Apizza Scholls.  No amount of arm twisting will get you another pie.  they'd likely kick you out
Been once and meh. Definitely not "all that." I'll take a Lonesome's pie over theirs every time. I prefer our WC/NY hybrid pie to anything i've had. It took a few years, but we finally have quality artisan pizza in Portland. Only 2 toppings sounds kinda dull. It's not like i have to have everything piled on like cassarole, but i prefer 3-4 toppings on mine + a few fresh tomato slices. That's my idea of a good slice of pizza. A big PNW/WC DIPA to wash it down.

Jor el

I just re-read this thread and it pissed me off even more the second time around.
Fuck.

Santarpio's - Boston

What Would Scooby Do ?

Demon Lung

Quote from: Jor el on January 04, 2012, 03:34:11 PM

I just re-read this thread and it pissed me off even more the second time around.
Fuck.

Santarpio's - Boston

the crust looks waaay too bready

Jor el

Brier Hill Prizza @ Avalon Gardens - Youngstown
What Would Scooby Do ?

Metal and Beer

"Fuck man, no matter what we try our pizza just kinda sucks. Any ideas folks?"

"We could always get NYC tap water shipped here for the dough?"

:P
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

libertycaps

Quote from: Jor el on January 04, 2012, 03:34:11 PM

Fuck.

Santarpio's - Boston

That's definitely full of cheap beer after a show and i need to eat or throw up pizza. Too bad it'll likely have the opposite effect you want by the looks of it.