Basically my first time in a Guitar Center

Started by RAGER, September 09, 2012, 02:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

What if the reply you get is TLDR?

C'mon it would be a little funny.

chille01

The response was actually to cancel my order within an hour of sending that message - exactly as I'd intended.

jibberish

12 sets of martin strings for $25 and some throwaway 1/4" cables is my only goal
but hope springs eternal......
SO I have a$15% off anything coupon for GC. who wants to bet shure mics are on the dealer exclusion list? I am going to check and get right back...

edit: ER MER FERCKING GERD!!!!!!! GTFO! whattajoke. this is the %15 exclusion list:

65amps, A Designs, ADAM Audio, AKG, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, American Audio, American DJ, Ampeg, Antoine Courtois Paris, Aphex, Apogee, Apple, Armstrong, ART, Arturia, Audio-Technica, Audix, Auralex, Avalon, Avanti, Avid, Azumi, B&S, B3 Guitars, Bach, BAM, BeatKangz, Bedell, Behringer, Belkin, Benchmark, Benchmark Media Systems, Benedetto Guitars, Besson, Bixonic, Black Cat, Blackheart, Blackstar, Blue, Bogner, Bosch, Bose, Boss, Breedlove, Bricasti, Brio, BSS Audio, Buffet Crampon, Bugera, Bundy, Carl Martin, Casio, Cerwin-Vega, Chameleon Labs, Chandler Limited, Charvel, Chauvet, Cleartone, Cloud, Conn, Cordoba Music Group, Courtois, Crate, Crown, Cusack, Daking, Dangerous Music, dbx, Dean, Death By Audio, Diamond, DigiTech, Disney by Washburn, DLS Effects, Drawmer, Dunnett, Drum Workshop, EBS, Eden, Edirol, Elation, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, Elysia, Emerson, EMG, Eminence, EMMA Electronic, Empirical Labs, Empress Effects, Engl, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, Eventide, EVH, F. Loree Paris, Fano Guitars, Fender, Fishman, Focusrite, Fox, Fuchs, Fulltone, Furman, Gallien-Krueger, Galway, Gator, Gemeinhardt, Genz Benz, Getzen, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Gibson USA, Giffin Guitars, GNI Pedals, Godlyke, Gold Tone, Golden Age Project, Grace Design, Great Divide, Great River, Gretsch, Guild, Guyatone, Hagstrom, Hans Hoyer, Hao, Harden Engineering, Harman, Haynes, Hercules, HHB, Hohner, Holton, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, J Puchner, Jackson, JamHub, Jasmine by Takamine, JBL, Jet City Amplification, Jody Jaz, Jupiter, K&M, Kanstul, Kawai, Keeley, Keilwerth, Keith McMillen Instruments, King, Koll Guitars, Korg, Kramer, KRK, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, Langevin, Leblanc, Lexicon, Line 6, LovePedal, LP, LsL Instruments, Ludwig, Luna Guitars, Mackie, Mad Professor, Malekko Heavy Industry, Manley, Mapex, Markbass, Marshall, Martin, Martin-Leblac, Maxon, Meinl, Meinl Weston, Mesa Boogie, Millennia, Miraphone, Mixosaurus, Mogami, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan, Music Man, MusicXPC, N-Tune, Neumann, Neve, Nord, Novation, NS Design, Olympus, On-Stage Stands, Option 5, Orange Amplifiers, Ortofon, Ovation, P. Mauriat, Pacific Drums & Percussion (PDP), Paiste, Parker Guitars, Pearl, Peavey, Pelonis Sound and Acoustics, Perris, Phonic, Pigtronix, Pioneer, Powell, Prelude by Conn-Selmer, PreSonus, Propellerhead, PRS, Purple Audio, QSC, Quik Lok, Radial Engineering, Rainsong, Randall, Rane, Reunion Blues, Rickenbacker, Rivera, RME, Roc-N-Soc, Rockbag by Warwick, Rockbass by Warwick, Rockcase by Warwick, RockStand by Warwick, Rode Microphones, Roland, Royer, Rupert Neve Designs, Sabian, Sample Logic, Schecter Guitar Research, Scherzer, Schilke, Schreiber, Schroeder, Schroeder Guitars, Selmer, Selmer Paris, Sennheiser, Serato, Shure, SKB, SM Pro Audio, Softube, Solid State Logic, Sonare, Soul, Soundcraft, Squier, Stanton, Steinberg, Steinberger, Stephanhouser, Sterling by MusicMan, Summit Audio, Sweet Sound Electronic, SWR, T-REX Engineering, Takamine, Tama, Tapco, Taylor, TDK, Tech 21, Telefunken, Thermionic Culture, Toadworks, Tobias, Tone King, Tortuga, Traveler Guitar, Traynor, True Systems, Tube-Tech, Two Rock, Ultimate Support, Universal Audio, Vestax, Violet Audio, Vito, VMI, Voodoo Lab, VOX, W. Nirschl, Waldorf, Wampler, Warwick, Washburn, Weber Speakers, Western Digital, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, Yamaha Band & Orchestra, Yanagisawa, Zildjian, Zoom, ZVex Effects

jibberish

WAIT hold the horses...12at7 fender amp for $99.  2 tube 2 watt amp $99.  
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Pawn-Shop-Special-Greta-2W-1x4-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-107444366-i2256339.gc

shit, grab that and one of those blackheart 12" celestion mini cabs and the sm57 and..fuckin' a...I think GC had those baby stacks last time...just have to do some homework on what the impedance of that speaker is.

I actually have some things to do at gc..need a couple more cheapo straps too. that overpriced 2 bit accessory crap is nice to get at these sales. they really drop the prices, since they are pure profit anyway.

RAGER

I hate to say it but i think my girl is getting me that Greta for my birthday on Sunday. :D
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

Quote from: RAGER on November 22, 2012, 12:48:29 PM
I hate to say it but i think my girl is getting me that Greta for my birthday on Sunday. :D

sweet.  

edit: that was fast lol. greta dahling has a little 4" 8 ohm speaker ..awwww...purrrrrr fect :) for sleazing the speaker wires out of the box to an external 8 ohm cab

more edit: mod opportunity, put a 1/4" speaker jack that cancels the internal 4" when ext jack plugs in. this is also fuck-up proof, unless you plug an empty cord into the speaker jack, in which case you need a lesson anyway.

more edit:  I said in the xmas gift thread in general I was getting my son a mixer and something random if I see something cool..well if this is decent..that's what i'm talkin'!!!1!

way more edit:  the great northern shopping mega-zone looked like any Friday at 7am = deserted. slid right in to GC and right out with 2 of those amps, back home in 1 hr and 10 minutes. I aint afraid of no black Friday.

jibberish

good news, now that I looked at it, the greta amp has the ext speaker jack that disables the main speaker already. no mod required ..yay heh.

btw, that GC sale is shit. mic stands and ukelele's, not even electric strings on sale.  and really thanks to the exclusion list NOTHING on sale lol.
there is a $10 rebate on shure sm57/58 but there's no big deal there.

bbottom

I have to run to GC in a little bit to pick up a new mixer before practice. So I'm sure that I'll be beating my head into the wall by the time that I leave

RacerX

If I never walk into a GC again, it'll still be too soon.
Livin' The Life.

EddieMullet

If you live near Pittsburgh try Pianos N Stuff, you'll never set foot in a Guitar Center again.

It's a local place been there since the 60's.

Nicest part of that place is every guitar in the store is properly tuned and set up.

agent of change

Yeah, but do they forbid people from playing "Stairway to Heaven"?
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

BastardCthulhu

PnS is about the best guitar shop on the planet.  Very well organized, great selection, and the dudes there really know their shit.  I always walk out of there with something.  Second best, that I've seen, is House of Guitars in Rochester, NY.  Not organized at all, great selection, and the dudes there really don't give a shit.  Killer record shop, too.

Kauser Bari

Guitar Center is 1.6 BILLION dollars in debt, comes due in April.

They are in effect downgraded to junk status and cant pay the interest on their loans.

------

Where are we now?

Guitar Center is more than 1.6 billion dollars in debt. I'll say that again so that you can fully grasp what I'm saying. Guitar Center owes 1,600,000,000.00 dollars to other people. As of March of last year, they had been on their knees begging to get a 2.5 year extension on $650 million of that total debt load. For an extension to April 2017, GC agreed to a 9.9% total interest rate.

Much of Guitar Center's debt is coming due in April of 2013, which is not that far away. I guess we'll just have to see what happens then. I would be surprised if Guitar Center didn't go down. But if there are enough people who are willing to throw money at them, then I guess they'll stay in business. If they do go down, I just hope they don't take the rest of us with them.

http://thetoneking.com/wp/life-support-how-long-until-they-pull-the-plug-on-guitar-center/

fixed the link

Instant Dan

Lumpy

Guitar Center was bought by Bain Capital (Mitt Romney's firm). I think they call it 'vulture capitalism' -- they raid the new company's assets and load it up with debt, and if it goes out of business, no biggie. Because they've already milked it.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Ranbat

Quote from: Lumpy on March 31, 2013, 02:08:36 PM
Guitar Center was bought by Bain Capital (Mitt Romney's firm). I think they call it 'vulture capitalism' -- they raid the new company's assets and load it up with debt, and if it goes out of business, no biggie. Because they've already milked it.

Yep. See Kay-Bee Toys also.
Meh :/

jibberish

awesome. I have a small mountain of aliens and Hercules-xena figurines all sealed in the box put away. I scored heavily at kay-bee as they were on their way out. all the items were stupid cheap

I will surely pick GC's bones if given half a chance also.

agent of change

Quote from: Kauser Bari on March 31, 2013, 01:43:54 PM
Guitar Center is 1.6 BILLION dollars in debt, comes due in April.

They are in effect downgraded to junk status and cant pay the interest on their loans.

------

Where are we now?

Guitar Center is more than 1.6 billion dollars in debt. I'll say that again so that you can fully grasp what I'm saying. Guitar Center owes 1,600,000,000.00 dollars to other people. As of March of last year, they had been on their knees begging to get a 2.5 year extension on $650 million of that total debt load. For an extension to April 2017, GC agreed to a 9.9% total interest rate.

Much of Guitar Center's debt is coming due in April of 2013, which is not that far away. I guess we'll just have to see what happens then. I would be surprised if Guitar Center didn't go down. But if there are enough people who are willing to throw money at them, then I guess they'll stay in business. If they do go down, I just hope they don't take the rest of us with them.

http://thetoneking.com/wp/life-support-how-long-until-they-pull-the-plug-on-guitar-center/

fixed the link

Does this mean Guitar Center will be having a sale?  ;)
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

themusketking

lol, yea let's see how this "going out of business" thing works. it's not going to happen.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

Jor el

Whenever I visit family in Vermont, I would stop in at an independent guitar joint in whatchu' talkin' boot Wiliston.
This time around it has become a Guitar Center - strange because it's a bit of a small space.

Right when you walk in you are hit with strobe lights from the DJ gear.
Strobe lights in the pedal showcase.

Smelled of Radio Shack.

What Would Scooby Do ?