all things SYNTH & KEYBOARD thread

Started by jibberish, November 30, 2013, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Yes, it is. Obscure photo but I figured you'd spot it! It's really cool for being hands on versus a computer app. Quick to get around on. Been wanting a Korg for a long time so chanced it due to FM dedicated. Actually I wanted the FM primarily and since it was also a Korg...

Muffin Man

Friend has one so I nabbed one YOLO
module on a piano stand pic. Seq

RAGER

What?!?!?!?  Damn dude!! 

Instead of roof gutters and paint I could've bought a Schmidt and a couple GRP's. Stupid adult bullshit. 
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Yeah but then how would you let the neighbors know where the sex club is?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

neat. got all three now, instant fun. If they happen to put all the packs on sale next weekend I'll bite. If no sale, probaby get a few packs, or even all of them I'd be in at a whopping $13 for the Model 15. Basically, pass on a deluxe cheeeburger next week and I 'd break even. Might still be up for a Grandmother or Subsequent

Muffin Man

taste test. this operator does a super job, TD-3 $129 TT-303 $299. They both sound worth it? If only one? TT or TD? TT? TT easy. Thanks. After I heard things 13:00 and after goodie-goo-goo for TT. Easy. We need hit records.

Muffin Man

Lumpy

Band in a box! The JMT stuff is great. I got the DNVO which seems more noisy, it was tough to decide on.

Muffin Man

excellent. Do you use a mixing board for synth's? How do you record albums? Sir mix-a lumpy

Muffin Man

Lumpy

Yeah everything for me goes through a mixer. I have a self released album from 2011 that I never put online, I should really do that. I don't have a Bandcamp page or anything. That record was recorded live in my practice space on a Zoom H2 with me, and my band mate at the time on guitar (it's  just me now). I like to combine different sources and bring them in/out or up/down with the mixer. I have a couple of synths (microkorg and microbrute) but I've never performed with them, but I use them as a source to make samples, which I play back with a Roland 404 -sp. Before I got the sampler it was more low tech, with just like simple Etsy type oscillators going through stompboxes, and stompboxes going through other stompboxes. Feedback loops, microphone feedback, etc. I wanted more repeatability and less randomness so I got the sampler. I'm not too much into traditional synthesizers, I don't play keyboards and I'm not into the process of synthesis or creating sounds from scratch. I'm more of a sound mangler?

I got a new mixer last year but I haven't incorporated it yet, it has all kinds of routing options (A/B out, C/D out, for example) and I don't know how to take advantage of that yet (Mackie 802VLZ4). My first mixer was a basic Behringer, I think the Mackie can do stuff I don't know about yet. Like, if I could do a quadrophonic mix that would be cool! But I don't know.

Muffin Man

excellent. Not sure where/how to post that but would be cool to post up.

RAGER

Don't forget the Din Sync RE 303.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Cool thanks for posting his stuff, I hadn't seen that channel before.
Been listening to alot of Monologue patches lately just haven;t pulled the trigger on it yet. Sounds good to me though for the droney. Just came across this one , new channel to me.

ed. changed the vid

RAGER

Jexus is a synth lord. Check out all the channel. The Access Virus Ti. Wow.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

it is silver with wood pop