Any good horror movies coming out soon?

Started by The Shocker, January 28, 2015, 02:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

I quit getting EW, so now I don't hear about the cool horror movies (usually indie) that are coming out.  Anyone in the know? 

retardgroove

RAGER

I wonder if that house has quicksand in the basement?
No Focus Pocus

boltthrow

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

Cool, I'll add them to my list.

Watched Wishmaster & some of Amityville Horror 2: The Possession during my insomnia last night.

Both terrible, but at least Amityville had Burt Young whooping his entire family with a belt.

irratebass

Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

retardgroove

^
There are lots of folks in the comments section of that link you posted kicking Rob Zombie in the nuts for Lords of Salem. That movie for it's budget is beautifully shot and has a certain dark lurking charm. 

Jor el

I have not seen that - gotta check it oot.

Not a huge fan of Devil's Rejects, but enjoyed the role reversal aspect.

House of 1000 Corpses has amazingly bad moments as well as sections of pure genius.
I just wish there was more of a consistency to it.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Dylan Thomas

I have not seen it, though everyone I know who has says that The Babadook is really, really good and extremely scary too.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

The Shocker

It's on my list. Watched The Guest tonight. It's been marketed as a horror movie, but it's not. Way more in line with late 80's early 90's scifi, action movies although it does have a good bit of The Hitcher in it. By the You're Next folks. Not nearly as good as that, but still very fun, fast paced with good dialog.

I'm looking forward to seeing The Green Inferno. Eli Roth's homage to the Italian Cannibal movies. I know a lot of people don't like the dude, but Cabin Fever and the Hostels 1 & 2 were my cup of tea.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Him, his movies or both?  He does seem like a super douche in interviews, but I like his movies.

boltthrow

Lords of Salem and Devil's Rejects do have great imagery.

And Amityville 2 has not only an irate Burt Young but that sultry sister's nudity.  

irratebass

Never seen Lords Of Salem....dug the Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses......Halloween was meh, curious about 31.

Also dig Eli Roth's directing and how he's not afraid to admit that he loves horror. The Babadook looks interesting, will have to remember to try and watch it.
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

Lumpy

If you like big bottoms
and junk in the trunk
you'll never get rid of
Badunkadunk

/telling the same joke twice.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

GodShifter

Quote from: The Shocker on January 29, 2015, 11:14:45 PM
It's on my list. Watched The Guest tonight. It's been marketed as a horror movie, but it's not. Way more in line with late 80's early 90's scifi, action movies although it does have a good bit of The Hitcher in it. By the You're Next folks. Not nearly as good as that, but still very fun, fast paced with good dialog.

I'm looking forward to seeing The Green Inferno. Eli Roth's homage to the Italian Cannibal movies. I know a lot of people don't like the dude, but Cabin Fever and the Hostels 1 & 2 were my cup of tea.

"The Green Inferno" sounds intriguing. I'm a super big fan of "Cannibal Holocaust".

The Shocker

What about "Cannibal Ferox"?  Also, contrary to what Racer might think, I much prefer the version of Holocaust without the animal killings.  I did watch the unedited version once, which was enough.

The Shocker

Quote from: irratebass on January 30, 2015, 01:55:08 PM
Never seen Lords Of Salem....dug the Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses......Halloween was meh, curious about 31.

Also dig Eli Roth's directing and how he's not afraid to admit that he loves horror. The Babadook looks interesting, will have to remember to try and watch it.

I've seen Lords of Salem, thought it was so boring that Sherri Moon Zombie's nudity couldn't save it. Not sure if he's done anything since that, but the only movie of his that I liked was Devil's Rejects.  I thought House of was OK and his Halloween movies were dogshit.

retardgroove

Quote from: The Shocker on January 30, 2015, 10:48:18 PM
Quote from: irratebass on January 30, 2015, 01:55:08 PM

I've seen Lords of Salem, thought it was so boring that Sherri Moon Zombie's nudity couldn't save it. Not sure if he's done anything since that, but the only movie of his that I liked was Devil's Rejects.  I thought House of was OK and his Halloween movies were dogshit.

I'm with you on every count (in the recently watched thread I gave it a meh, but rewatched Lords of Salem and it had a hook).

lowdaddy

looks like that new ben wheatley movie will be coming out this year.  stoked for that!
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

The Shocker

My man!  What is up?  Still need to watch Kill List and the ABC's of Death.  Went to his IMDB page and see that he is in post production on High Rise.  Just read that book a few months ago.  Very dark.

JkFlesh

Quote from: The Shocker on February 03, 2015, 10:16:25 AM
My man!  What is up?  Still need to watch Kill List and the ABC's of Death.  Went to his IMDB page and see that he is in post production on High Rise.  Just read that book a few months ago.  Very dark.

I love JG Ballard, High Rise is easily one of his most filmable novels, and Kill List is awesome.... Great cast, too.  I'm super fucking psyched for it.

lowdaddy

Quote from: The Shocker on February 03, 2015, 10:16:25 AM

Check out A Field in England.  It's a weird existential acid trip of a thing...I'm not really sure what it's "about", but it was definitely an interesting movie to watch.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

The Shocker

Watched ABCs of Death.  Wheatley's segment was good.  There were a few letters that were really good, some were dumb.  Overall, worth watching.