Mr. Robot and HUMANS and Another Period

Started by MadJohnShaft, June 29, 2015, 09:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Did you watch the premieres of either of these? Could be a little better but worth watching in case they turn good in a few episodes past their pilots.

Mr. Robot = hackers and evil corporations

HUMANS = sexy robots become self aware (singularity themed)

Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Shocker

DVR'd both.  Will try to watch them today.  Humans is from the Black Mirror guys.

The Shocker

Mr Robot was interesting. Couldn't follow all the hacker dialogue. Twas drunk.

Fuck you!

MadJohnShaft

That kid's eyeballs.  Christian Slater's character is silly but still works. It's no Season Two of 'Under the Dome'. I will try to keep watching.

Did you watch Humans?  I watched it again and picked up enjoyable details. Like him pocketing "Adult Options XXX' from the user manual packet.

The Shocker

Main character is killing it. Totally believable as somebody on the autism spectrum.

Not yet. Had to watch True Detective.

Fuck you!

MadJohnShaft

Another Period after Amy Shumer is on tonight and is possibly pretty funny.

The Shocker

Saw last week's episode. I would say Drunk History is better.

Watched HUMANS. I'd say it has more potential than Mr Robot, but I liked it less. The housekeeper android is ridiculously hot.   

Fuck you!

MadJohnShaft

Mr Robot ep 2 - I read you need to stick with it through #3 - how many more secret organizations can there be?

The Shocker

The ravish culture episode of Another Period was quite amusing. 

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, Another Period is turning out to be pretty funny.

HUMANS = everyone is enjoying the sexy robots, everyone that is not is jealous about it.  The rest are modifying their robots illegally. The daughter is a serious hottie, so I'll keep watching.

giantchris

I'm really liking Mr. Robot it kinda fucks with your expectations a bit theres a couple scenes that seemed really generic until the end and then it was like wtf.  The actor playing the main character is absolutely great I think he really makes the show.  I like the show so much I forgot Christian Slater is a shitty actor!  That's how good the writing is.

irratebass

Just started watching Mr. Robot......I'm digging it.

I need to check out Humans.
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

The Shocker

Dude fucked the robot. Looked liked she needed an enthusiasm upgrade.

Fuck you!

Chest Rockwell

Humans bored me as the premise was all wrong. If technology has advanced that far, humans would have assimilated the possibilities and be ready to deal with them. It seems like this family were planted 50 years in the future and clueless about how to deal with it. not to mention the fact that there isnt a likeable character in it. for a 'normal' family they seem like a right bunch of questionable deviants.

Mr. Robot was like Person of Interest with tech words. "I wrote the rootkit", yeah did you fuck. lots of DNS and unix lines. So the company is huge and their I.T.dept consists of one shit guy and one autistic genius? right. So a thousand reality plotholes already... and I doubt they'll tackle snowden, assange, ross ulbricht, private manning, aaron swartz... just more shady men-in-grey bollocks.

so yeah, if you're gonna do tech, then go Blade Runner balls out or fuck off.

I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

irratebass

I checked out the 1st episode of Humans........kinda creepy

The Shocker

Hey Chest. What tv shows are you digging right now?

Fuck you!

Chest Rockwell

Fargo was good. how a story should be told.

GoT is amusing. Vikings got boring by Season 3. Silicon Valley n House of Lies were easy viewing and funny at times. I liked Hell on Wheels, like a less witty, sweary Deadwood. Boardwalk Empire.

The Wire made and broke TV. most of these also-ran things are the same old sit-com stuff, just different environments. same plot devices. Fargo was actually different and interesting.
I play bass in THORUN

The Shocker

But I'm wanting to know currently airing shows.

Fuck you!

retardgroove

Mr. Robot is the best thing on the TV currently.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: The Shocker on July 22, 2015, 02:16:19 PM
But I'm wanting to know currently airing shows.

Fuck you!

nothing much. im watching True Detective but more out of curiosity. like, is it a joke? is it Lynchian? whats happening? why do i care? so many questions...  ;D
I play bass in THORUN

irratebass

I have 1 more episode of Humans to go til I'm caught up....diggin' it, but kinda losing it's pizzazz.

Mr. Robot.....patiently waiting for the new episode.....last ep was trippy

MadJohnShaft

Me too, kids love Robot so I wish they'd knock off all the drugs and sex.

irratebass

Humans is back on track now with that last episode (Where Mia makes her appearance and they embrace)

Still loving Mr Robot.........very David Fincherish....which I dig.

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

MadJohnShaft

The daughter character on HUMANS is a babe, the pudgy faced kid is just awful