Dave'sCookinShow!!

Started by black, June 22, 2016, 10:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Those places are always located in an area I hate. Strip malls.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

that's where Cinnabon. (old malls) There's really good pizza at a mall here Italian family recipes, baked in shallow square pans and sliced accordingly no triangles, thin, robust. Totally surprise at the food-court. Men's Warehouse and, Kohls, boutique nails. Need to go back for the pizza it was really good.

Pissy

Quiznos imploded in this part of the country.  Not a bad concept, but my problem was their oven was always either not hot enough or the conveyor belt was too fast.   Never got toasted enough.  Word on the street was that they mis-managed the company, and their franchisees got fed up.  Running commercials for specials or new products that they never informed the restaurant managers of. 

Firehouse subs is good too.  They steam theirs. Alas there isn't one in our town.  

Another strip mall offering. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

We have all three of those out here. All of them in strip malls.  I rarely find myself in a strip mall although I may go to a natural grocers today. Theres a Jersey Mikes across the street. However today is not the day as I'm on a med thing and I have to be good until next month.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

I get the regular #13, on wheat, Mikes way, hold the onions, Add Mayo and banana peppers. 

I avoid anything with their bacon, it's not cooked there and it just doesn't taste right to me.  
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

hahaha! what. a. Party on the Patio!

Pissy

I know more useless trivia about that photo than most.  I believe the restaurant where they got the food was called Howards (closed sometime in the last 15 years).  It was in Houston.  They ordered it as takeout, then the photographer staged it.  

The beer in the glass did not come from that bottle.  You can tell that the bottle was a collector's item of sorts.  Southern Select was a Howard Hughes venture at a time (like now) when everyone and their brother offered a unique regional beer.  It folded years before this picture.  But they put it in there as a nod to Houston history.  

The radio and the calendar were staged.  After they took that picture, they walked outside for a smoke break and someones German Shepherd went to town on it.  It was gone shortly after that picture.  They came back in to that dog laying down next to the table huffing and puffing.  So they didn't get to eat any of it. 

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Some tap handles at my joint.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Excellent. Adventerous! Nice trident.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

I look at that and think it's items like that that lose money at the grocery store, that they feel the need to carry anyways, and jack up the price of everything else to cover the loss.  
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

a double-header. boom. boom-boom.