Post Your Jams, Improvs, One-Offs and Practices

Started by Dave J, January 19, 2018, 05:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfield

^ I don't really get how that effect works, it seems to be able to tell when I'm playing notes, and makes crazy noises when I'm not?

Lumpy

It could be set to default self-oscillate, so when you're not playing notes it's like runaway feedback. Try turning the delay time down (sometimes you gotta turn Time all the way down, with a stomp box) to squelch the oscillations that happen just by plugging in, then when it's quiet bring the time knob up and find a sweet spot.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

I think it's usually the mix or blend knob that does it.  I'll go check.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Yep.  Blend and/or feedback.  Rate just changes the speed of oscillation.  I've got a deluxe memory many tap tempo that I can control those functions with an expression pedal.  It's currently on my main board.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Stonergrunge

It's very rare that I can upload stuff so frequently to YouTube but yes, this is another instrumental song...

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Submarine

Like I mentioned in the jam room blog, I've been using a drummer via Airgigs.com.  I sent him a track with programmed drums and he sent me back raw drum files for me to mix back in.  I'm really happy with this.
http://darkheartspeedway.com/SRL/InterceptingFist-210317-v3.mp3

RAGER

That sounds really good dude. Drummer played exactly what the song called for.
No Focus Pocus

Submarine

Thank you Rager!  In pre pandemic life, I was a live sound/production guy.  Without gigs and crazy hours, I really just focused on writing and practicing both guitar and mix engineering for recording.  I really hope to get an album or at least an EP done before regular life resumes.  The Airgigs thing was a godsend - I like electronic drums in electronica but real drums are so key for good rock music.

Stonergrunge

Fuzz is love

Stonergrunge

Two new recordings taken from rehearsals...

Audio Only. Instrumental theme recorded on May 29, 2021 using the drum machine of a BOSS RC-3 Loop Station. Recorded with an iPhone 3GS with no external mics:

Audio Only. (No drum machine here). Instrumental theme recorded on May 29, 2021 using an iPhone 3GS with no external mics:
Fuzz is love

renfield

^ I've been vibing on these all morning, really nice stuff

Stonergrunge

Quote from: renfield on June 02, 2021, 01:01:31 PM
^ I've been vibing on these all morning, really nice stuff

Thank you, renfield!!  :)
Fuzz is love

neighbor664

Me on my fretless pee-bass, and my brother on guitar.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/ericdemby/rerun-to-fornever[/soundcloud]

Stonergrunge

Although I first introduced this song in 2018 on SoundCloud, that early version was mostly improvised and a bit messy. I recorded this version last Saturday and I consider it to be the definitive one. The way the song goes has been fairly stable over the last year and the improvisational parts are better defined. The title of this one are two political slangs used in Chile to refer to leftist people ("Zurdo progre") and right-wingers ("Facho pobre"). As always, there are a few details here and there, but nothing serious.

And here is another instrumental recorded during the same rehearsal:

Fuzz is love

Muffin Man

Nice. Thanks for those and I like the "ratty" pedal tone. Is that a RAT? Hey man, if you want to put some acoustic treatment on your walls?

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Muffin Man on September 07, 2021, 03:41:33 PM
Nice. Thanks for those and I like the "ratty" pedal tone. Is that a RAT? Hey man, if you want to put some acoustic treatment on your walls?

Thank you! No Rats here, I have never used a Rat in my life, I do have seen plenty of Rats (the standard one, Dirty, Turbo...) but I don't remember having played one. In both tracks the main distortion is the combination of the MJM London Fuzz II and the Sunmachine Reptile Fuzz. No acoustic treatment on my walls, though... just a plain room  ;D
Fuzz is love

RAGER

I have a 1981 Inventions DRV. I'll be your huckleberry
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I was saying you need treatment on your walls

ah! thanks for pedals deets, Stonergrunge, Awesome. Keep cookin' boss

Stonergrunge

Ok, this might be the ugliest image I've ever put on a video  ;D ;D ;D . This is a simple one, no guitar solos and it's not a long one compared to others I've uploaded in the past... oh, and brace yourselves... because I SING as well  :o :o

Fuzz is love

mortlock

HMC fuckin around with some Pink Floyd. Interstellar Overdrive!!
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/hadesminingco/interstellar-overdrive[/soundcloud]

Muffin Man

Submarine

Nice job on that.  One of the all time great psychedelic riffs.