Videos of you playing/Music you've recorded

Started by VOLVO))), April 04, 2011, 10:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny G

On bass for a live radio appearance in July 2013

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

mortlock

HADES MINING Co. - Beelzebub In My Bathtub.
LIVE at The Lair Buffalo NY. 3.31.2015
Dual bass attack..

frobbert

bite me

everdrone

made a guitar solo video just now,  check it out:

here is my original tune that I soloed over in my video:

https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance/march-into-the-sea

everdrone

I am not renting a studio on my own any more, I did that for about the last 5 months and was not able to round up a band.    I had my drumset, PA, guitar rig and bass rig all set up in there.

Now I am learning cover tunes for an audition.  then I will audition for an original heavy metal band that wants me to join up.  Here are some covers I learned:

everdrone

I made a punk rock guitars version of "country road":

;D ;D ;D

Bro. Righteous

First song/vid (final cut) from the band courtesy of 'riffinhead' (guitar)/BR (drums).

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

bbottom

everdrone

Hey yall, any constructive criticism on the singing/guitar/production is much appreciated!  First time I have recorded with this acoustic which has been in storage for many years in another state, so I am really digging it.

Me on vocals and guitar singing John Denver "Leavin on a Jet Plane":

everdrone

hey yall, just recorded some singing/guitar solos over this little voodoo chant if you get the chance:

jibberish

edit3: my initial response not being aware that part of my signal chain was unpowered, pretty funny:
^I don't know if the complete input overload was intentional or an accident, but whatever you do DON'T CHANGE A THING

that is wicked.  I would play with just a little reprocessing through some either delay or reverb to see what I could get even more sick sounding.

if u want, soundcloud that overloaded soundtrack so I can play with it.

heh, that's crazy..my only instinct is to soften that harshest of crumbly sounding distortion and give it some stereo size/space ambience

edit: actually it sounds more like extremely choked off signal like silicon junctions failing due to low voltage or a leaky noise gate or something opposite overload. regardless. that is very interesting. at times, like during the vocals, it is so sick.   I almost want a pedal that can strangle my sound like that at will.

edit NEVERMIND.  the power blipped and my main receiver was off. so the sound was being choked through non-powered circuitry. at least I made the call. I tried another video and "uh-oh, it's me, not the video". SO I can just record that haha.  i'll soundcloud what I was talking about. it's off the hook haha. you sound fine..heh. oh boy...

everdrone

Quote from: jibberish on August 26, 2015, 11:04:38 AM

edit3: my initial response not being aware that part of my signal chain was unpowered, pretty funny:
^I don't know if the complete input overload was intentional or an accident, but whatever you do DON'T CHANGE A THING

that is wicked.  

Thanks much brutha!!! :)  THanks for the listen,

just fyi I froze tracks to slim down the processing power from all the plugins and I might have deleted the original stems. Keep rockin!!!  8)

mortlock

not my band, its a good friends solo noise project. about half way in or so some dude attacks him and he breaks the dudes nose and keeps on going with his set. its priceless. I think lumpy was at this show.

the attack starts at 6:20 in.

jibberish

art is a beautiful thing. I would jam with him. I have resonant filters, and i'm not afraid to use them.

everdrone

Hey yall, did some karaoke videos tonight, my weekly progress is going good!  I figure a year more of training vocals and I will be ready for the band!!!  :)  Any constructive criticism is appreciated, cheers :)   

Velvet Revolver:

zeppelin:

AC/DC:

everdrone

I feel like such a TOOL singing SOBER!!!     Here is my video I just made:

da_qtip

I rerecorded that Lo-Pan song a few months ago, used my phone to film it. Overall pretty messy but it's aight.

Jumped the Traynor to the Garnet and used them both. Kinda wishing I just used the Traynor so I could turn it up more. Bass was DI

everdrone

cool Lo-Pan stuff!   :o :o :o  lemme know if you wanna collab, I can do guitar solos or sing and send you the files for the mix

Submarine

Quote from: da_qtip on September 13, 2015, 02:13:28 PM
I rerecorded that Lo-Pan song a few months ago, used my phone to film it. Overall pretty messy but it's aight.

Sounds great! 

jibberish

qtip.  how did you construct that video?   that german dude that posted his tunes did that too. y'all's videos are both really nice.
did you say you already had the audio track? and then what? you just played along with the song and filmed each part?

I could also see videoing each part as you play. then cut up the videos.  But that just seems like a long process like if you screw up vs lip synching.
but I haven't done either yet, so I guess I am looking for the smoothest path to doing a video like that.

da_qtip

Quote from: everdrone on September 13, 2015, 06:16:01 PM
cool Lo-Pan stuff!   :o :o :o  lemme know if you wanna collab, I can do guitar solos or sing and send you the files for the mix

My solo game sucks so I may take you up on that someday.

Quote from: Submarine on September 13, 2015, 06:42:42 PM
Quote from: da_qtip on September 13, 2015, 02:13:28 PM

Sounds great! 

Thanks man!

Quote from: jibberish on September 14, 2015, 06:26:00 AM
qtip.  how did you construct that video?   that german dude that posted his tunes did that too. y'all's videos are both really nice.
did you say you already had the audio track? and then what? you just played along with the song and filmed each part?

I could also see videoing each part as you play. then cut up the videos.  But that just seems like a long process like if you screw up vs lip synching.
but I haven't done either yet, so I guess I am looking for the smoothest path to doing a video like that.

I don't know if I've seen the german guys videos, but I recorded the audio tracks and video at the same time. I played along with the bands original studio recording for each instrument. I would have done drums first then recorded everything else along with my drum tracks for a tighter feel but my recording computer blows and has so much latency I recorded everything to the original to make it easier.

I brought the videos into Adobe Premiere where you can have multiple audio and video tracks, loaded the original song in, and synced each video to the song. The videos get layered so I went through and just deleted sections of the videos so the ones underneath were shown. A little time consuming but I can't think of a more efficient way.

I will admit I did a bit of editing on the audio, just to take out any mistakes or bum notes that took you out of the song. For that I just copied that note from an earlier or later spot in the song with the same riff. So visually it should look the same. And if not, switch to another instrument for that part haha.

everdrone

cool stuff!  great work.  maybe render all the drums to one single mp3 so that it is as fast for your computer as playing along with the song you are covering, then switch it out later if you want for editing

jibberish

thx for explaining that qtip.  
-------------------------------------

the reason I wanted to keep the speaker in the Fender Greta 2w combo is for bedroom level practicing.
Here is 2 minutes with Greta and pedals. camera mic, it's fuzzy sounding anyway. you can tell the actual volume because you can slightly hear harder pick attacks from the strings.
BTW, the scrap of Kleenex wrapped on my glasses earpiece is because those Sennheiser phones crush my ear against that metal after a while and it really starts to hurt when I am doing lots of phones work.

Bro. Righteous

Finally got this fucker up: riffinhead/SG, bro.righteous/Drums, Larry/Bass, Sid/Vox/LP

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...