Portland’s top 40....

Started by RAGER, August 01, 2019, 04:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

It's also Portland Burger Week. I usually have a couple burgers but I'm not sure I have time this year. Here's  the list.

https://www.portlandmercury.com/events/burger-week
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Have one of each. They all look pretty good.

longviewcaps

As far as West Coast "Big City" cuisine goes, i reckon PDX has been running in the rear of the pack for a long time.
Sansui Marantz Rotel Line Magnetic Oppo Yamaha Luxman Klipsch

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

longviewcaps

As far as West Coast "Big City" cuisine goes, i reckon PDX has been running in the rear of the pack for a long time.
Sansui Marantz Rotel Line Magnetic Oppo Yamaha Luxman Klipsch

Muffin Man

What ever happened to the Yankee Pot Roast? It was like going to the country for a country diining experience, out on NW St Helens Rd, w/extra gravy.

edit. long gone as are several taverns/strip clubs that replaced it.

RAGER

Looks like it's a strip club now. Don't really get over to that area.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Portlands Eater top 38 for the winter list is out. Not surprisingly about 1/3 are carts/trucks. There are several on the list I've never been to or heard of and few that are old standards. And one that I won't yo back to.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

why wont you go back? i actually ended the ban on the pizza place. it was way to far into 'cut off your nose to spite your face territory.' wasnt practical to keep the ban. 

RAGER

I'm not one to complain about the price of a dish usually but I do have a breaking point. I know the prices beforehand. But when I pay double for something to be elevated and it comes out with brown stems and untrimmed core intact, that's lazy as fuck. That's not what I'm paying for.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

untrimmed core is completely unacceptable. 0.0000000000001 on yelp. would not recommend.

Muffin Man

Quote from: mortlock on January 23, 2023, 09:58:57 PM
why wont you go back? i actually ended the ban on the pizza place. it was way to far into 'cut off your nose to spite your face territory.' wasnt practical to keep the ban.

welcome back

Pissy

I don't often participate in restaurants.  We have one we go to on Wednesdays with some friends.  A biker bar that has cheap beer and good wings that are .75 on Wednesday.  The kids don't like it, because it isn't much fun for them.

Problem is at 6:30 there's always a solo acoustic act that sets up right behind our table and plays loud whether we like it or not.  And since I live in the birthplace of country music... everyone thinks they're Tyler Childers or Sturgil Simpson.  Wtf with live music in a legit sit down restaurant?  Who said they wanted that?  What restaurant manager is even paying attention to the rolling eyes and people trying to shout across the table when they went out to eat and socialize? 

I don't often participate in restaurants.

Lordfinesse told me about his trip to the beach this past summer.  He feels the same I do about live music in a restaurant.  His event involved someone else deciding where to eat.  Once they got there, only tables that could accommodate their party was on the patio outside.  Fine.  They walk out and his oldest kid turns around and smiles at him. Fucking Reggae DJ.  Loud.  And all alone but for their family. He was miserable for the next 90 minutes. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Free music is always bad. Especially free live music.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on January 24, 2023, 09:35:19 PM
Free music is always bad. Especially free live music.
you have to remember bands like mine pave the way for the bands that make it.

RAGER

Haha. True.

I get weird looks when someone suggests we go to such and such bar cuz they have live free music on Tuesdays and I say that sounds terrible. No thanks.
No Focus Pocus