Unida - For the Working Man/El Coyote

Started by sleestak, April 17, 2011, 10:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanookieWookie

Quote from: sleestak on December 16, 2011, 06:50:56 AM
While on the topic, anyone have a lossless (silver cd copy) of the 15 track version of this.  I have a flac copy of the 11 track version but would like a high quality version of the additional tracks.

Did they actually release a 15 track version of this.  I to have the flac(s) from the 11 track version, however I was under the impression that that was the only release.

Leto II

Downloaded it.  Guess it's okay?  But not as good as Seachin For the Urban Coyote, thank you all for the info
"All monuments have walls.
Upon them all, we shall trample.
They shall read the five-fold markings of our hands,
And realize their own footsteps in the sand."

sleestak

Will I think they sold 15 (sometimes 16) track versions at shows.  (the 16th track was the cool song from the high times comp tacked on the end)
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

CanookieWookie

Quote from: sleestak on December 18, 2011, 01:50:42 PM
Will I think they sold 15 (sometimes 16) track versions at shows.  (the 16th track was the cool song from the high times comp tacked on the end)

Really?  Damn, I need to get myself a hold of one of those.  If I ever do, I'll certainly rip it in flac for you.

sleestak

I'm no authority on the subject.  Read: I could be completely wrong.

MadJohnShaft

Some days chickens, some days feathers

sleestak

MadJohnShaft

Those boys need to work on their fade outs - jarring as is.

CanookieWookie

That was the problem I had with the mp3 version (15 songs).  Some of the songs felt cut before they were ended.

MikeyT

^

Please translate this into English.  ;)  Or even Engrish.

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

CanookieWookie

Quote from: MikeyT on December 24, 2011, 11:52:04 AM
  ^

I tried.  :)

Baron

Quote from: sleestak on December 18, 2011, 01:50:42 PM

Left Us To Mold, wicked track!

libertycaps

MadJohnShaft

^

The leak we all got was not mastered, so the songs just stop abruptly, rather than fade out or whatever they were going to do in the studio with Rick Rubin.

Mr Neutron

I like the album, it's just kinda jarring because of the big time production.
I prefer Coping, and the 1st Hermano to this.
"Where words fail, music speaks."

sleestak

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on January 05, 2012, 06:29:37 PM
  ^

The leak we all got was not mastered, so the songs just stop abruptly, rather than fade out or whatever they were going to do in the studio with Rick Rubin.

I'm pretty sure they were just fucked up mp3's because the 11 track lossless version doesn't do that on any tracks.

astroman

yeah mine don't cut off weird at all

and libbycaps must have a google alert for "digital vinyl"

puddingpoejer

The 15 track edition was as far a I know an early MP3 only leak containing most of the songs on the 2 "official" CDr but less polished, with a couple of other tracktitles and with the addition of known songs like Thorn and Wet Pussycat

Then they sold (at least) 2 CDr editions at shows. One with 10 songs during the second European Hermano tour (Angry American tour) called El Coyote in 2004. And also a USA version with 11 songs.

At least one bootleg LP has been released (mad man's ruin records in 2007) with 10 tracks.

MadJohnShaft

I'm voting for that to be the correct info.

puddingpoejer

One (probably ;)) last addition:

The European version was sold in a white paper sleeve and had the bandname lasered on the CDr.

The American version came in a slimline jewel case. The cover showed the bandlogo with the four musician names. The back of the paper contained the tracklist.

The song Puppet Man is the same as Coffee Cong on the 15 track MP3 leak.

US Edition
Tracks: 11
Year: 2003
1. Puppet Man
2. Stray
3. Summer (US Exclusive)
4. King (US Exclusive)
5. Cain
6. Vince Fontaine
7. Hangman's Daughter
8. Glory Out
9. Slaylina
10. MFNO
11. Last Day

EU Edition
Tracks: 10
Year: 2003
1. Hangman's Daughter
2. Puppet Man
3. Cain
4. Stray
5. Slaylina
6. MFNO
7. Vine Fontaine
8. Trouble (EU Exclusive)
9. Glory Out
10. Last Day

Then, a couple of years ago, I came accross a CDr with 12 tracks which contained as an extra the Left Us To Mold track (high times comp) but I don't know if this was ever "officially" sold by the band.

The Mad Man's Ruin bootleg vinyl release came in a couple of different colors for the vinyl. I think the pressing quantity was 200 for each color. Not 100% sure about this though.

Bootleg (Europe)
Tracks: 10
Year: 2007
A1       Coffee Song       
A2       Stray       
A3       Summer       
A4       King       
A5       Cain       
B1       Vince Fontaine       
B2       Hangman's Daughter       
B3       Glory Out       
B4       Slaylina       
B5       Mfno

whoshotthefrog

I've been looking for something  I haven't heard in a long time. Reread this thread and decided this is what I'm going to listen to when I go smoke my after work joint.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

NAD

Fucking awesome album. Damn shame it wasn't released properly, but many of us get to love it, so that's plenty good enough. Got to see Unida live a few years ago in Hollywood, that was pretty god damn incredible.

I think the best non-Kyuss/post-Kyuss album is Amusing the Amazing, along with Jalamanta which I could listen to every day for the next 50 years and be plenty happy. I also have a particular soft spot for Songs for the Deaf, love it.

Hope nobody minds me bumping an old thread. I mean it is Unida so I figured that should be okay.  ;)
Don't take me seriously. You wouldn't like me when I'm seriously.

jedbangers

Quote from: sleestak on November 10, 2011, 08:00:42 AM
Yeah, how's that for weird?  John's voice progressively gets better...

I did an interview with John in 2011. He told me that he thinks his performance on the Kyuss albums are really poor. I agree with you, I think nowadays his voice is stronger than ever, but I really like what he did back in the day, specially in Sky Valley.

sleestak

He was definitely buried in the mud of the Kyuss sound on their albums.

jedbangers

Quote from: sleestak on April 12, 2013, 09:48:06 AM
He was definitely buried in the mud of the Kyuss sound on their albums.

Yeah, but wasnt that part of the whole Kyuss sound? I mean, I dont want a kyuss album with John sounding like Ian Astbury in The Cult.