Main Menu

Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

Quote from: mortlock on August 28, 2015, 12:31:48 AM

Is that peavey solid state loud enough?

I used one for years and it would overheat at the most inopportune times. It was never loud enough, but I also played it through a 1820.
Vinyls.   deal.

everdrone

I use peavey 450 head for my 810 and it is way too loud for practice if I turn it up

dogfood

Quote from: everdrone on August 31, 2015, 07:36:47 PM
I use peavey 450 head for my 810 and it is way too loud for practice if I turn it up

This is false, the truth is you are not deaf enough.  Follow the volume, grasshopper.
Problem solving whiskey!

Submarine

Beta Cloud

why does it hurt when i pee?

zachoff

Did the flag tonight.  Giddy.

Homebrew 2x15 & Orange TB500 is the rig du jour for me.  The 215 is an old Traynor PA cab I got for free from an old drummer friend.  Speakers are re-coned Eminence Force 15s I got for $100 for the pair a few years ago.  A little batting and voila...  Sounds pretty darned awesome!

mortlock

Quote from: Pissy on August 31, 2015, 07:09:35 PM
Quote from: mortlock on August 28, 2015, 12:31:48 AM

Is that peavey solid state loud enough?

I used one for years and it would overheat at the most inopportune times. It was never loud enough, but I also played it through a 1820.
ive used it for years and have never had a volume problem.

Danny G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

bbottom

justJon

Reluctantly replacing the "Monster Kit."

Ludwig '70's vintage, 3-ply maple/poplar/maple. White Cortex. 24"x14" kick, 13"x9" Rack, 16"x16" floor. 14"x8" Ludwig maple snare. 26"Paiste vintage ride/crash, 24"Paiste Giant beat crash/ride, 16" Paiste twenty Medium light hi-hats.

This kit kicks so much ass, I don't even (well, not much!) miss the 32" kick!

A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

Danny G

Current main guitar board.

Swapped bass and guitar boards again as this one is lighter and less deep. Was concerned if everything would fit but no prob.

The Polytune is new (digging it so far), and the MXR Custom Audio Electronics boost is a fairly recent purchase.

The rest are modded to hell crybaby, modded Blues Driver, modded Phase 90, DIY tremolo pedal. Added the MXR boost for leads.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Mr. Foxen

jibberish

^yowza!  BTW, is that a little coffin shaped pedalboard?

teles really are dream machines. they play so fast and ring so nicely. such an alive guitar.

Dave J

New stack.  Will post pics again when I get the grill cloth for the 4x12.

Same amp head.

"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

jibberish

if dave and foxen paraded their shit around together, everyone else would quit.

dave , is that gear for gigging? or just like home studio and home jams.   I would fear for that beautiful cabinetry and trim.

edit: hey!!! heh, do you play that piano that is in that 2nd pic?  real pianos sound real. it's really strange how that works.....
  and those upright grands actually have a bit of bottom end vs auntie whoever's wimpy little spinet.

Dave J

Quote from: jibberish on February 06, 2016, 09:44:01 AM
if dave and foxen paraded their shit around together, everyone else would quit.

dave , is that gear for gigging? or just like home studio and home jams.   I would fear for that beautiful cabinetry and trim.

edit: hey!!! heh, do you play that piano that is in that 2nd pic?  real pianos sound real. it's really strange how that works.....
  and those upright grands actually have a bit of bottom end vs auntie whoever's wimpy little spinet.

Thanks for the compliment.

The top picture is in my rehearsal space. I don't play out so I don't have to lug it around. (The cabs are heavy too). If we get our shit together and play out, I will probably take one cab, or maybe the Marshall because it is lighter and I don't care if it gets nicks and scratches.

The bottom picture is from my home, and they stay there. I have a Marshall head that is not pictured that stays home.

I don't play piano, but it works and sound good. The people who sold us the house could not get it out of the basement, so they left it there for us!!!!!
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

--Cat In The Hat

da_qtip

What head is that? That thing looks badass but classy. I'm pretty sure I saw a pic of Isaiah from Earthless using one.

EDIT: stopped being lazy and went back to Earthless' page. Tyrant Tone.

Dave J

Quote from: da_qtip on February 07, 2016, 01:25:58 AM
What head is that? That thing looks badass but classy. I'm pretty sure I saw a pic of Isaiah from Earthless using one.

EDIT: stopped being lazy and went back to Earthless' page. Tyrant Tone.

Yes, it is from Tyrant. 100 watt, variable gain. Great tone.

This head is actually the exact one Isaiah was playing through during Earthless' last tour. Tyrant loaned the amp to him for the tour (and a cabinet). I had borrowed the amp before that, and decided that if it was good enough for Isaiah, it was good enough for me. Actually, I was going to buy it anyway.

--Cat In The Hat

Zero

Most streamlined my set up has been in years. Love it

Instant Dan

The Echodrive was worth the price of admission.

CID Vicious

"Maximum" Rig:

Gibson MMRI or SG-1 >
ABY
A > Wah, Line 6 M13, Tri A.C. > 1968 Plexi Clone > 212 GK Bass Cab
B > Laney AOR 100 (Dry tones) Custom 4x12

I can reconfigure it with 2 TriACs on the Plexi for a smaller gig rig. 4 inputs FTW.
Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual
You're just a face in the crowd!

Welcome to America,
Say goodbye to your rights!
(Yeah, right!)
They crept up behind them
And slit their throat left to right!

- Mettaya, "Welcome To America"

Dave J

As promised. Grill cloth on. Pictures not so good.

--Cat In The Hat