Main Menu

Worst pedal you've got?

Started by Pundan, June 30, 2011, 11:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pundan

Just for fun, what's the worst pedal you've got in your arsenal? Doesn't have to be on your pedal board at the moment.
I believe mine is an Ibanez FZ7-Fuzz I bought a couple of years ago, I just can't seem to find a usage for it.

EDIT: Also that horrible Behringer V-Amp2 I bought just to make shitty recordings with also suck pretty bad along with the Behringer UC-100 Chorus that I broke by just stomping on it.

mortlock

everything ive owned made by digitech..

justinhedrick

um . . . arion distortion pedal. it sounded crazy bad. but i strangely liked it for messing around with at low volumes.

also, i will say ANY boss distortion pedal. there just isn't enough volume in it for me.

giantchris

I would say the new Bass Big Muff....Since mine lasted like 3 months of very light use before breaking.  It sounded nice but I expect longer then 3 months for $90 or whatever it cost.

LogicalFrank

I have a DOD Grunge Pedal. The model that has butt and face knobs. I would describe it as awefulsome.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Chovie D

Quote from: LogicalFrank on June 30, 2011, 12:52:06 PM
I have a DOD Grunge Pedal. The model that has butt and face knobs. I would describe it as awefulsome.

I concur. Next worst is the Boss Metal Zone.  I purchased both at the same time for $40 from a chirstian musician.

Slow

black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

Slow

Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 30, 2011, 01:11:21 PM

this one can be fixed... the metalzone is a nice paper weight in comparison.
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

Hemisaurus

You can Keeley the MetalZone if you so desire.

Slow

Yeah, but it doesn't make it any more usable...

LogicalFrank

Worse than the Metal Zone is the Hyper Metal. To be fair though, I had the Hyper Fuzz for like ten years and always thought it was awfulsome but then I heard it was the E Wiz tone in a box and I was like, "Huh. I'll be damned."
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

grimniggzy

Chovie D

Quote from: LogicalFrank on June 30, 2011, 01:46:28 PM
Worse than the Metal Zone is the Hyper Metal. To be fair though, I had the Hyper Fuzz for like ten years and always thought it was awfulsome but then I heard it was the E Wiz tone in a box and I was like, "Huh. I'll be damned."

The Hyper Fuzz has to be the FZ2 not the FZ5 or whatever. They sound comletely different.

LogicalFrank

Mine is the FZ-2. I always kind of liked it just because the fuzz was so over the top. We used to complain that it was so much distortion you couldn't tell what chord you were playing. Of course, in those days we set the gain on ten and that was that...

Corey Y

The DS-1 is a bucket full of ass for guitar distortion, but it actually sounds pretty good on bass. I definitely wouldn't encourage anyone to buy it, but if someone throws it through your window with a threatening note attached (and a battery already in it) it could be worth keeping.

tossom

My JHS wah ;D  Got it when I was 10, it has the shortest sweep of any wah ever and is so noisy it is unbelievable.
"Beige rock"

Slow

I've used DS-1's for worse things. A while back there was a bad batch, right when they went to 29 bucks, and guitar center sold a thousand of them, or something, just in my po-dunk town. Only a few survived, and since I'm one of the two people in town that is patient enough to repair pedals, I ended up with a box of unrepairable DS-1s. I mean, probably 20 of them. I gutted 10 or so, and kept the boxes, and made various toys out of them. The other 10 were shotgun fodder, "Why the fuck is THIS here" items, you know, a DS-1 sitting in a bathroom stall in a town in Alabama has to make a guy think, you know?

Used one for a weight on a bush-hook... (for those of you who aren't redneck-fucked out of your mind, bush-hooking is a form of fishing where you tie off a length of paracord with cut bait, and a hook, to a tree and let it rest. Catfish will nail it, catch themselves, you harvest, and reset.)

Fun times. I salvaged all the useful shit.

RacerX

Funny. I thought my DS-1 was my worst pedal, so replaced & I flipped it.

After 4 or 5 goes at a "repacement," I now have another one.
Livin' The Life.

zachoff

Quote from: Corey Y on June 30, 2011, 02:19:18 PM
The DS-1 is a bucket full of ass for guitar distortion, but it actually sounds pretty good on bass. I definitely wouldn't encourage anyone to buy it, but if someone throws it through your window with a threatening note attached (and a battery already in it) it could be worth keeping.

I concur.  It was my preferred disto pedal over the ODB3, Big Muff, and Bass Blowtorch for a while, but I have my Garmopat Vox V8-30 & Mole now and it destroys.

johnny problem

It's my DS-1.  I used to like it, but it just isn't cutting it anymore.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Corey Y on June 30, 2011, 02:19:18 PM
I don't like it on bass, I probably wouldn't like it on guitar either ;)

Oddly enough, this is sorta how I got it, I was wanting another pedal, and this guy wanted to sell as a set, so for a pedal that costs $110 new, I paid I think $60-70 and got it, the DS-1 and 3 or 4 other pedals, a couple of which I knew needed work.

Chovie D

I have a japanese DS1, its decent, but never gets used. Theres too many other vintage peices Id go to first.

I think in general the worst idea for a pedal is to try and make it 'sound' like a certain style of music. These would include nearly ALL the "metal" pedals.they all sound like ass to me even the HEAVY Metal from Boss that others seem to love, to me it sounds like crud. The grunge pedal...a pedal that sounds like grunge? cmon dude.

Oh and ...i have a Boss "Xtortion" pedal. They are semi rare as they were discontinued rather quickly after release.
That is one awful sounding pedal.