Main Menu

Worst pedal you've got?

Started by Pundan, June 30, 2011, 11:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LogicalFrank

I like those Metal Muffs but only tried 'em in stores. Actually, I've only tried the nano version but I tried it right by a Metal Zone and a Heavy Metal and thought it was much more natural sounding.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Chovie D

yeah, thats probabloy too broad a statement, i was reaching there I guess. ..im sure there are notable exceptions. S. Duncans Metal Mayhem, The metakl muff, zvex box of metal (is it any good? I wouldnt know) The Blues Driver isnt a horrible pedal yet it attempts to sound like a style of music.

nevermind what i said above.

RAGER

i too am not a fan of the DS-1.  had an OG got rid of it, bought a modded one (warmer supposedly) still sounds like shit and it has a BLINDING green led that makes it impossible to see the controls on stage.

they can be modded to sound like an SD-1 which is an awesome simple overdrive but why bother, SD-1's are 25 bucks all day long
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

DOD Supra Distortion.

If you keep the Gain below 10, it can be useable. But not good.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Discö Rice

Quote from: Lumpy on June 30, 2011, 06:56:09 PM
DOD Supra Distortion.

I've heard they're good for noise, but I've never tried it.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Lumpy

Quote from: DISCÖ VANDERSLÖÖT on June 30, 2011, 07:09:53 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on June 30, 2011, 06:56:09 PM
DOD Supra Distortion.

I've heard they're good for noise, but I've never tried it.

Lots of stuff is good for noise though. No reason to seek this one out. Anything you can buy for 10-15 bucks is worth trying though.

Hemisaurus

I should try my Bazz Fuss for noise, I need to box it up first though. I should also thank Spook for turning me on to it.

Bazz Fuss

heytrid

nonoman

Yeah, the metal muffs r teh stuff! My worst pedal is my lm-308 rat. My Butcher hates it while my valve Jr loves it.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: nonoman on June 30, 2011, 09:39:12 PM
Yeah, the metal muffs r teh stuff! My worst pedal is my lm-308 rat. My Butcher hates it while my valve Jr loves it.
That's a whole other thread, the worst pedal that you love. All my pedals are shitty, and I love 'em. I got a Dano, a couple of Behringers, and an Arion, and a Boss.

dogfood

In my youth I purchased (at full price...and I think the sticker is still on the untouched pedal) DOD octave shifter.  Oddly it shifts nothing.  Nada.  Some pedals are mountainous piles of asstone but DOD managed to achieve pure no effect with this $70 red herring.  They should get an invisible trophy for this one.
Problem solving whiskey!

Hemisaurus

Quote from: dogfood on June 30, 2011, 11:07:03 PM
In my youth I purchased (at full price...and I think the sticker is still on the untouched pedal) DOD octave shifter.  Oddly it shifts nothing.  Nada.  Some pedals are mountainous piles of asstone but DOD managed to achieve pure no effect with this $70 red herring.  They should get an invisible trophy for this one.
Did you think to compare it against one that was working ;D

Ignoramus

I had a Boss DM-2 Dimension that was useless, and a Digitech Grunge from the 90s that sucked. Both were pretty shitty.

Slow

found a video of the Boss DS-1 on youtube...
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

dogfood

Dear Hemi,

You fucking comedian, send me your address and I'll send this fucker to you postage due.

Your truly,

dogfood
Problem solving whiskey!

Hemisaurus

sounds like a deal to me, ask Slow for it ;)

Slow

Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 30, 2011, 11:54:38 PM
sounds like a deal to me, ask Slow for it ;)

At least I ADMIT I'm a shitbag for not sending you that amp, yet. Don't worry, I plan to sit on Dean's Lucy for another six years hahaha.

Seriously, though.

I want an octave pedal that doesn't octave, is it true bypass? will it do the Dopesmoker tone?

Send me your address again, Herb, the original one had no real name on it. hahaha.
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

Ranbat

My Dano Octave pedal. It actually stops producing the octave if you let the note ring out too long. Close second was my Arion Digital Delay.
Meh :/

giantchris

Quote from: zachoff on June 30, 2011, 12:00:19 PM
Boss ODB3.
You know I used to think that about mine but did a bunch of reading and the high/low EQ adjustment cuts out your mids apparently.  If you leave them both flat and take some time with it its not bad.  Or you can use an EQ pedal with it and its not bad. 

Personally I have yet to find a bass distortion I am satisfied with.

Chovie D

Lumpy

Quote from: Chovie D on July 01, 2011, 11:30:26 AM
Quote from: Ignoramus on June 30, 2011, 11:13:27 PM
I had a Boss DM-2 Dimension that was useless, and a Digitech Grunge from the 90s that sucked. Both were pretty shitty.

Its good for something now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSS-DC-2-Dimension-C-Mint-W-All-Japan-Vintage-98U18-/110695821346?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item19c5fc3022

I have the Behringer clone. It sounds nice through headphones but my guitar player borrowed it, and it sounds kinda lousy through an amp... not subtle at all. Instead of 'airy' it was 80s hair metal. And there's no knobs so no way to adjust it.

beerrhino

DOD stereo flanger.  Makes everything sound tinny and thin, like I'm playing inside a beer can.  It also only has 1 output, not sure how the whole stereo thing works like that.
I only paid $5 though...

eyeprod

ha, I've got a metal zone that I modded. It's pretty cool for some stuff, and metal as fuck. The eq just isnt very good, but it has the right knobs. So it makes it kinda disappointing. My worst is a DOD fx91 bass overdrive that a friend gave me. A completely useless pedal.
CV - Slender Fungus

Hemisaurus

I think I'm starting a home for unloved pedals :)

Slow

You oughta clone me a meathead, with a dark switch...