What are the worst movies ever made?

Started by Isabellacat, August 03, 2011, 10:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bandit

I don't think I've ever walked out on a movie, but I did pass out during Cyborg.

GodShifter

I walked out two different times on 1984. I thought I wasn't fair to it the first time and gave it another shot and then walked out on it again. Also walked out on Down & Out In Beverly Hills.

grimniggzy

Quote from: willb on August 08, 2011, 04:38:40 PM
Quote from: The Bandit on August 07, 2011, 04:15:42 PM
Quote from: willb on August 07, 2011, 03:39:30 PM
Alien 3

I actually like Alien 3, especially the extended version.

Insidious is a recent movie that just made me blow chunks. Silly nonsense.

Insidious was straight up horrible. I warned EVERYONE in my family not to watch it when they said "we were thinking about checking it out, it looked good." They all still watched it.

grimniggzy

Like I'm overly critical or something.

damn it where are the sarcastic eyes...
::)

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

GodShifter

Quote from: grimniggzy on August 09, 2011, 01:56:41 PM
Quote from: willb on August 08, 2011, 04:38:40 PM
Quote from: The Bandit on August 07, 2011, 04:15:42 PM
Quote from: willb on August 07, 2011, 03:39:30 PM
Alien 3

I actually like Alien 3, especially the extended version.

Insidious is a recent movie that just made me blow chunks. Silly nonsense.

Insidious was straight up horrible. I warned EVERYONE in my family not to watch it when they said "we were thinking about checking it out, it looked good." They all still watched it.

I have to agree about "insidious". I thought it was really, really bad.

The Bandit

lowdaddy

we watched the box last night, with cameron diaz.  horrible.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: The Bandit on August 09, 2011, 07:46:05 PM
Quote from: whoshotthefrog on August 09, 2011, 02:48:37 PM

Not up to the standards of Welcome To The Dollhouse and Happiness?

It was very disappointing. Very little of the sick humor that you come to see in Solodnz(sp?) films. It took three seperate sittings to watch it because I fell asleep a lot through out the film.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

I,Galactus

Horrible on so many levels.  Especially if you're a fan of the animated series.

Also that Chun Li mentioned above really is stupefyingly terrible.  It makes the Van Damme / Raoul Julia Street Fighter movie look like cinéma vérité.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Baltar

Santa Claus VS. the Martians.
Eternal Sunshine of the blah.
Adaptation.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

peoplething

I would've agreed a while ago with Alien 3, but I've seen it since, and it's not a bad stand alone movie. But it had some huge frigg'n shoes to fill coming off the second one. That plus I think the only thing Fincher can direct worth a damn absolutely has to have Brad Pitt. Ans sometimes those flicks aren't even that great.

I'll put up that horrendous piece of crap that was 'Miami Vice'

That movie was an exercise in frustration and confusion.

"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

GodShifter

Yeah, I agree. I totally hated Miami Vice. I love Michael Mann as a director, but that movie was just awful.

Isabellacat

Quote from: Baltar on August 13, 2011, 07:50:57 AM
Santa Claus VS. the Martians.
Eternal Sunshine of the blah.
Adaptation.

my favorite movie critics..

and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a bad movie???? I never saw it but watching the trailer I always think it might be a cool movie. Although Jim Carrey is'nt too good with dramatic acting imo, he's sorta cheesey when he tries to be serious.He's better at slapstick and comedic acting. That's why I thought a movie like Man on the Moon worked because at least it was also comedy.

CanookieWookie

Quote from: GodShifter on August 13, 2011, 03:36:49 PM
Yeah, I agree. I totally hated Miami Vice. I love Michael Mann as a director, but that movie was just awful.

Agreed.

I expected so much more from this movie.

EaterofBirds

you expected alot from Michael Mann and Miami Vice movie?  wow

CanookieWookie

What can I say.  I like Michael Mann as a director, and really liked the Miami Vice t.v. series.  The movie had potential. 

He has directed some pretty decent movies ...Last of the Mohicans, Heat  & Collateral.

GodShifter

^I agree with all three of those plus Manhunter, the original version of Red Dragon, was good, too. All his stuff is a bit stylized and definitely has almost of a music video quality of it (shades of Miami Vice, the TV series). But, he's had some duds, too. Miami Vice stands out as the worst I can think of.

Ali and The Insider were good, too.

CanookieWookie

Agreed.

All his stuff is a bit stylized and definitely has almost of a music video quality of it

This is why I really like his movies.  The way he films a move and the soundtrack are usually spot on.

EaterofBirds

I never took him that seriously as a director..kind of like a 3rd tier type..all style, little in the way of substance. Heat was good, and may be his finest moment..but all the momentum he had going into the last 45 minutes was lost, so I rewatch it now just for the first half. I doont care for most of his other stuff. That Tom Cruise move he did with Jamie Foxx, I think it was..was a prime example of 'looks good', lacks direction. Alot of clunkers in that film list, imo

frobbert

Top Gun
Purple Rain
Battlefield Earth
What Dreams May Come
All Joel Schumacher movies
bite me

Mr Neutron

"Where words fail, music speaks."

peoplething

In theory, this movie should be right up my alley: swords, armor, beards.

I've run across it a couple times since it came out and could never sit through more than ten minutes. I couldn't put my finger on it though. I talked to a huge D&D nerd buddy of mine and he said he couldn't stand it either, because every 9 seconds the camera angle switches. He said that you can practically time it with a stop watch, and for me that effect got old fast.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Isabellacat

Quote from: GodShifter on August 09, 2011, 09:14:12 AM
I walked out two different times on 1984. I thought I wasn't fair to it the first time and gave it another shot and then walked out on it again. Also walked out on Down & Out In Beverly Hills.

You mean this 1984 ??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087803/

there was also a Class of 1984 made in '82.

I got close to walking out on the second Austin Powers movie. I like the first but watching the second in the theater felt excruciating for some reason. Then I watched it again and it was better the second time.

Isabellacat

Battlefield Earth is quite possibly one of the worst movies. Checkout this guy's movie review it's hilarious.