What are the worst movies ever made?

Started by Isabellacat, August 03, 2011, 10:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

Cool as Ice with Vanilla Ice has to be the worst..

giantchris

I thought ^^^^^ was generally accepted to be the most awful movie ever made.

^^^^
I actually think this is the worst movie I've ever seen.  I stayed up late watching it one night and it was so awful it was riveting. 

There was actually some movie from I think the 80s with Andrew Dice Clay that I saw once that I can't find the name of that is probably a runner-up for worst movie ever.  I remember the guy arnold throws off the cliff in Commando is briefly in it (David Patrick Kelly).  That movie was god fuck awful.

giantchris

I forgot to mention anything Uwe Boll has touched is pretty close to the worst thing ever.

The Bandit

Jor el

Quote from: giantchris on August 04, 2011, 05:45:14 AM

I forgot to mention anything Uwe Boll has touched is pretty close to the worst thing ever.

Agreed
Also, Paul W Anderson
What Would Scooby Do ?

GodShifter

Oh, yes, definitely Paul W. Anderson. Just awful.

A lot of Roger Corman's stuff is considered really bad but it's revered to some due to its campiness. For something I saw recently, The Box was one of the worst movies I've seen in a long long time.

Baltar

Chris you were thinking of Ford Fairlane w/ the Diceman.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

giantchris

Quote from: Baltar on August 04, 2011, 10:46:57 AM
Chris you were thinking of Ford Fairlane w/ the Diceman.
YEAH!  That movie was god fucking awful.

I also heard Lady in the Water sucked really badly.  There was actually a charity someone made collecting money to send M. Night Shamaylan to film school not long after that one came out.

Isabellacat

I think the worst movie I've seen recently is this movie called Bad Trip on DVD  and it starred Ethan Suplee (Tuna from Blow)  and Kevin Connelly. It's so bad that they would'nt even include it in their film resumes on the IMDb website. It was just god awful, worst acting ever, terrible plot and the movie was just plain sucked. Bad Trip makes Howard the Duck look like a Scorcese film.

I've seen an Andrew Dice Clay movie that had Terri Hatcher in it and it was about him protecting her from a gang of ninjas. Don't remember the name of the movie but it was awful.

Lumpy

Lady in the Water is about the same as every other Shamalamadingdong film. Also, not one the worst movies ever.

I'm nominating Batman & Robin (again)  -- the one with George Clooney, Arnold Shwantzenegger, directed by the worst director in the world Joel Schumacher. Anybody can make a bad movie for 10k, or 200k, or 500k. But when you spend over 100 million, then you really have something.

QuoteBatman & Robin received 11 nominations at the 1997 ceremony of the Razzie Awards, including one for Worst Picture, and frequently ranks among the worst superhero films of all time.[2][3] After this, Warner Bros. canceled the unproduced Batman Triumphant, and the film series was eventually rebooted with Batman Begins (2005) by director Christopher Nolan.

QuoteAccording to John Glover, who played Dr. Jason Woodrue, "Joel [Schumacher] would sit on a crane with a megaphone and yell before each take, 'Remember, everyone, this is a cartoon'. It was hard to act because that kind of set the tone for the film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_%26_Robin_(film)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Isabellacat

I've seen Batman & Robin in the theaters when it came out and yea I remember falling asleep to that movie. Tried watching it again on cable and it still sucked. There are few qualities about that movie that are alright( I like George Clooney)  but in general, why the hell close-ups of Batman's ass and why does his costume have nipples? lol  I don't get it, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?!? Funny tho I know only one person who loves that movie. She only watches it cos of George Clooney.

Superman IV sucks too I think. The part where they show Nuclear Man carrying Mariel Hemmingway into space is really dumb. I mean she's human would'nt she die in space?  And you can see the wires holding them.

giantchris

Quote from: Isabellacat on August 05, 2011, 03:13:25 AM
I've seen Batman & Robin in the theaters when it came out and yea I remember falling asleep to that movie. Tried watching it again on cable and it still sucked. There are few qualities about that movie that are alright( I like George Clooney)  but in general, why the hell close-ups of Batman's ass and why does his costume have nipples? lol  I don't get it, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?!? Funny tho I know only one person who loves that movie. She only watches it cos of George Clooney.
Pretty sure the director (Joel Schumacker) is gay and had a massive man-crush on the Cloondog. 

I actually felt it was one of Arnold's most sincere acting performances. (j/k)

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

whoshotthefrog

Cruising with Al Pacino. Probably the worst I have ever seen with him in it.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

The Bandit

GodShifter

Alien 3 wasn't that bad. It wasn't good either, though. I'm in the camp that no Alien franchise movie is terrible. I like them all to varying degrees.

Man, I saw a sack of shit last night called Season of the Witch, with Nic Cage/Coppolla. Absolutely horrendous. I mean, I know NC has been mailing it for about a decade now, but that movie was a complete embarrassing mess. And, to top it off, it also had Ron Perlman* (who I love). Just goes to show, people gotta work, I guess.

*People think the new Conan movie is going to be somehow worthwhile because of Perlman's presence in it? Please. The guy has attached himself to some real shit in the past. As, I said, he needs a regular paycheck like anybody else. SotW proves that.

lowdaddy

the one.  jet li i think.  unbelievably bad.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

Isabellacat

if Street Fighter 2 is bad,then this must be a masterpiece!

CanookieWookie

Quote from: The Bandit on August 07, 2011, 04:15:42 PM
Quote from: willb on August 07, 2011, 03:39:30 PM
Alien 3

I actually like Alien 3, especially the extended version.

I went and watched it in the theatres in highschool and it was just plain horrible. I remember leaving the theatre freaking out that I spent money to watch it.

Maybe I need to revisit it.

Insidious is a recent movie that just made me blow chunks. Silly nonsense.

The Bandit

Yeah, I would have been disappointed if I saw it at the theater.

Isabellacat

Only movie I ever remember walking out on is Hoodlum (starred Laurence Fishbure and Tim Roth).

About 30 minutes into the movie, it just plain sucked. Just because the starring actors have a good reputation does'nt mean the movie itself is gonna be good.

Rusty Face

The only film my dad has ever walked out of is Bruno. Something about talking cocks made him uneasy.

Worse film I have seen at the cinema is probably Contact. Fuck all happened

On DVD we have a "Bad film" night. One was "Mammoth" with such great moments as the Mammoth changing sizes within second
I started a VD clinic from scratch

Lumpy

"Cujo" sucks pretty bad... at least half of the movie is a slobbering Saint Bernard headbutting a filthy car, while the lady inside screams non-stop.

I walked out on "Tommy". Bunch of crap.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.