Musicians you'd love to do a record with

Started by Danny G, September 06, 2011, 11:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny G

Dave Grohl.

Better yet: Dave Grohl, Jack Black and Jack White

Better still: Brant Bjork, Scott Reeder and Wino
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

At_Giza

Hemisaurus

Make it producers.

I'd love to do a record with Billy Anderson, Jack Endino or Alan Moulder.

eyeprod

CV - Slender Fungus

justinhedrick

hemi, i've billy anderson is kind of a dick . . .

i'd want to do a record with the drummer from isis producing.

Hemisaurus

I've only seen him in SHSH, but he did Sleep's Dopesmoker, and he did Rammesses first two EP's and they both sound awesome, I think he did HOF's AOSD as well. I suppose I could drop Endino, I don't know of anything he's done that is on my must have list, but he seemed like a nice guy ;)

I love Isis's Celestial, I think Matt Bayles did that, I saw them opening for Napalm Death in a bowling alley in Chicago in the 90's and was blown away.

Discö Rice

The two I'm working with now are pretty great, but barring them, I'd like to do a double album with Buzz Osbourne and Jared Warren. Fuck those other guys.  ;)
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Hemisaurus

It does seem to be a pattern though, he did the first two Ramesses, first two Om, first two HOF, then they move one, and oddly never sound as good. He did do most of the Sleep discography, all but the live EP (Vol 2.)

Discö Rice

There is also a number of solid dudes from this site I'd make a record with, given the opportunity.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Discö Rice on September 06, 2011, 12:54:58 PM
There is also a number of solid dudes from this site I'd make a record with, given the opportunity.

so classy!

Chovie D

Quote from: At_Giza on September 06, 2011, 11:20:36 AM
Matt Lukin

haha..that would be fun. Most of the time would be spent drinking his homebrew and blowing up model cars with m80's.
I heard he's a carpenter now....

At_Giza

Quote from: Chovie D on September 06, 2011, 02:08:05 PM
Quote from: At_Giza on September 06, 2011, 11:20:36 AM
Matt Lukin

haha..that would be fun. Most of the time would be spent drinking his homebrew and blowing up model cars with m80's.
I heard he's a carpenter now....
I dunno, I should ask him. I've only hung out with him at Grunge Tree shows. He's hilarious, and totally abrasive to those who don't know him. Though he's a really nice dude.

It'd be cool to play in a band comprised of Lukin, Crover, and Bloch.

spookstrickland

Jack Bruce
Ginger Baker
Sheryl Crow
Natalie Merchant
Gort
Hope Sandavol
Kim Deal
Larry Graham
Prince

And for Dead guys:
Jim Morrsion
Jimi Hendrix
Kurt Cobain
Pete Steele
Howlin Wolf
Bonzo
Keith Moon
Buddy Holly
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

RacerX

I've always wanted to do a collection of my acoustic numbers with the London Philharmonic, as you know.
Livin' The Life.

Instant Dan

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

grimniggzy

clockwork green

Al Cisneros...how can it not be amazing?

Michael Gira...an artist willing to give everything and try anything and capable of pulling it off.

Mike Patton...same as Gira but completely different.

Buzzo...the riffs will be huge and nothing will be predictable

Scott Kelly...pure intensity like no one else.

...at some point I'd love to play with a really good jazz/fusion drummer. One that thinks in terms of deconstructing time into drum riffs rather than linear time.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

justJon

Quote from: RacerX on September 06, 2011, 02:43:17 PM
I've always wanted to do a collection of my acoustic numbers with the London Philharmonic, as you know.

Yeah. I envy us.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

neighbor664

Isabellacat

strangelight

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 06, 2011, 11:57:34 AM
I suppose I could drop Endino, I don't know of anything he's done that is on my must have list, but he seemed like a nice guy ;)

jack endino helped me with my physics homework when i was in high school. dude answers every email, to a fault.

Isabellacat

Quote from: justinhedrick on September 06, 2011, 11:53:01 AM
hemi, i've billy anderson is kind of a dick . . .

i'd want to do a record with the drummer from isis producing.

Billy Anderson is an asshole.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 06, 2011, 11:57:34 AM
I've only seen him in SHSH, but he did Sleep's Dopesmoker, and he did Rammesses first two EP's and they both sound awesome, I think he did HOF's AOSD as well. I suppose I could drop Endino, I don't know of anything he's done that is on my must have list, but he seemed like a nice guy ;)

I love Isis's Celestial, I think Matt Bayles did that, I saw them opening for Napalm Death in a bowling alley in Chicago in the 90's and was blown away.

Billy also has done work for Acid King, Grey, Cattle Decap, Asunder, Avsa, Bongzilla, Buzzoven, Cathedral, Deadbird, EHG, Ludicra, the Melvins, Neurosis... just to name a few.

Jack Endino is all over music we all love, too... Mudhoney, Zeke, Nebula, Atomic Bitchwax, HoF, 3 Inches of Blood, Skeletonwitch, Toxic holocaust... all kinds of shit.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

SHSH was the first time I saw what B.A. actually looked like. I was kinda surprised that he could pass as a juggalo.   ;D
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan