Main Menu

Permanently On Pedals

Started by Hemisaurus, September 12, 2011, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

Just curious, how many people have pedals that they keep on all the time whilst they play? How many pedals do you keep on all the time?

stentorianeffects

The bands I was in where i used a RAT it was on permanently. when i needed to clean up a little i just eased back on my volume pedal. I rarely use a "clean" clean for anything.
www.stentorianeffects.blogspot.com
stentorianeffects (at) gmail (dot) com

justinhedrick

i don't have one. my eq comes close. it is on about 75% of the time.

Instant Dan

RAT2 was probably on most of the time. Besides the tuner... ;)

bitter

Depends on my setup as I don't run a board, just a couple pedals at a time. In the past, I would always keep an OD-9 on for boosting clean and lead tones. Lately, I run into an ISP noise gate then into the Manx fuzz or Supercollider. 
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

bass sic

MXR M80 is on all the time whilst I play bass, for the EQ and the gain.

spookstrickland

Lately I've been leaving my Dynacomp on all the time.  It really brings out the chewyness of my fuzz and then keeps the cleans from being to sensitive.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

johnny problem

It depends on what I'm playing.  But if I'm playing dirty, my super duper awesome Boss DS-1 is on all the time.

bloodofkings

Depends on the band. The hardcore band I'm playing in. I use a Metal Muff on and never shut it off. Other band I'm in I bounce between a Green Rhino and a Supercollider. Third band I keep a Green Rhino on 90% of the time. I seldom have a clean tone on bass. I usually keep some sort of dirt box on or I'm pushing an amp hard.
I can't crap for shit.

Ranbat

Last band I had, none. I liked the gain on my VTM and the wah and delay I only used for solos. I had a DOD Stereo Flanger I used for this and that.

I'm trying to put together a surf instrumental band now, so the amp's reverb will probably be on all the time.
Meh :/

dogfood

I'm not that kind of guitar player...though if my meathead drummer had his way I'd have a Rat dimed 100%-o-the-time. ;D
Problem solving whiskey!

VOLVO)))

Soul Preacher Compressor, and my Cathedral reverb.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

db3jed

My Trick Pro 1-V Bigfoot.
Heh, drummer humor...

grimniggzy

Pundan

There's no pedal that I keep on at all times, but I have my Dynacomp on very often.

Instant Dan

Can anyone explain why I should own a compressor pedal? Notice a bunch of guys saying they keep it on. I feel like it wouldn't be useful with my 50 watt Marshall as it would a 100 watter.

justJon

Our Octabass has a defective switch, so it's always on by default. That's OK, though, it's dedicated through the bass rig.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

Discö Rice

Quote from: dogfood on September 12, 2011, 11:15:48 PM
I'm not that kind of guitar player...though if my meathead drummer had his way I'd have a Rat dimed 100%-o-the-time. ;D
Your meathead drummer is right.  ;)
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Lumpy

Quote from: Instant Dan on September 13, 2011, 12:27:06 PM
Can anyone explain why I should own a compressor pedal? Notice a bunch of guys saying they keep it on. I feel like it wouldn't be useful with my 50 watt Marshall as it would a 100 watter.

A tube amp has some natural compression. You might not need it.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Hemisaurus

especially, as he observes, on his 50W. ;D

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Lumpy on September 13, 2011, 03:07:14 PM
Quote from: Instant Dan on September 13, 2011, 12:27:06 PM

A tube amp has some natural compression. You might not need it.

Not those heads, haha. Mine is dry, and snappy.

I run my compressor first in the chain, post- tuner.

Tuner > Compressor > Pharaoh > AC Booster (soon to be another Pharaoh,)> EHX POG > Cathedral Reverb > Ibanez DML10 > Ibanez AD-80 > Boss RC-2 - out.

I usually use my compressor as a slight input boost into all of my other shit. Definitely evens everything out for me.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

I dont understand how people use compressors with guitars eiether..

I use it with clean country telecaster. I use it AFTER a cocked wah when i want to sound Brian May-ish..but it abvoslutey kills any dynamics in my distortions, fuzzes, phasers ..unless your just using for a boost with no actual compression??

Instant Dan

I think the key is using a loud open head. I always thought a compressor was the secret to YOB guitar tone. Mike turns on the compressor with that Matamp, or now Superbass head, and would run gobs of distortion.

RacerX

The only pedal I have on at all times is the suck pedal. I run it dimed.
Livin' The Life.

Chovie D

Quote from: Instant Dan on September 13, 2011, 06:26:22 PM
I think the key is using a loud open head. I always thought a compressor was the secret to YOB guitar tone. Mike turns on the compressor with that Matamp, or now Superbass head, and would run gobs of distortion.

what does the word "open" mean in this context?