Main Menu

PIZZA

Started by mortlock, September 30, 2011, 01:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

We only had 27 Pizza delivery choices so they built 3 more pizza places this summer.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

I,Galactus

I just found out I have high blood pressure.  No anchovy pizza for me for a good long while.   :'(
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

mortlock

sorry to hear that..

strangelight

uncle fatih's in vancouver makes the greatest pizzas.

my favourite is:
Sweet & Spicy Lover
Chorizo Sausage, Green Peppers, Hot Banana Peppers, Hot Capicollo, Pineapples

mortlock

James1214

Okay, let me start by saying I am a California raised pizza fiend and I love the "NY style" of pizza. Slice as big as a baby with a few, really good toppings and a super crisp crust with some chewiness. My favorite pizza slice in SF is the "you say potato" at Escape from NY pizza, it is a pesto, roasted garlic, yukon gold potato and mozzarella piece of heaven.

For those of you who discount me based on the description, the fact that I am from California, or your high and mighty east coast outlook on all things pizza, I say FUCK YOU, and when you are in SF have a slice and tell me otherwise.
words

RAGER

West coast pizza new york style fist bump yo!!.

We have a couple of EFNY in Portland too.  Been enjoying for more than 20 years.
No Focus Pocus

EaterofBirds

I do my own. Make my own sauce from scratch, cook off/prep all my own toppings with fresh herbs. Make my own dough..got myself a good pizza stone. You'll never get the char of an authentic artisan Neapolitan out of a household range, but I get it up there. Finally had people come over and made some last spring after perfecting it and one person say it was the best pizza they ever had.

A nice, easy topping is to cook off some crumbled fresh sausage, and add alittle more chopped fennel seed  in the last few minutes and drizzle with real maple syrup when cooled. I do that with carmelized onions, fresh local farm mozzerella and hit it with fresh torn basil leaves when I pull it out of the oven.

mortlock

what the fuck is the matter with you..?? who the fuck puts maple syrup on pizza..

EaterofBirds

you mix it in with the sausage when its cooling..youre just adding some a layer of flavor/sweetness to the meat. good stuff, with the flavor of the fennel. Try it..and not talking about Aunt Jemima either, the real stuff, and just alittle

black

^Hole-Lee-Shit!

That sounds insanely good. Gonna hit you up for that sauce recipe too.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

EaterofBirds

Quote from: black on October 21, 2011, 03:42:24 PM
^Hole-Lee-Shit!

That sounds insanely good. Gonna hit you up for that sauce recipe too.

sent. mangia

mortlock

ahhh ok..i thought you meant a bottle of crappy syrup being sqeezed onto some pizza..you didnt specify 'cooked into the sausage'..that changes everything..

actually you kind of did.. but not really..

Isabellacat

Quote from: MikeyT on September 30, 2011, 02:04:51 PM

C'mon, now. Don't you like pineapple with ham or Canadian bacon ?

Actually pizza with Pineapple and American bacon is even better. Y'all should try it.

mortlock

its beyond me how more people like pineapples on pizza but no one like anchovies..

GodShifter

I don't like either, personally. But, given the choice? Give me anchovies any day. Fruit on a pizza is a shitty idea (yeah, yeah, outside of tomatoes).

Isabellacat

Quote from: mortlock on October 24, 2011, 07:57:00 PM
its beyond me how more people like pineapples on pizza but no one like anchovies..

Hey I like anchovies too. More as a side than a main topping tho. Goes great with pepperoni.

mortlock

add some green olives to that for some serious salt overload..

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Isabellacat

Who here digs BBQ Chicken Pizza?? I'm big fan of BBQ sauce in pizza although I bet east coast peoples think it's hella weird.

GodShifter

I like BBQ Chicken pizza. It's awesome. The California Pizza Kitchen's was great. I haven't eaten there in years, so I have no idea what it's like now, but, as I said, it used to be great.

The secret to any BBQ Chicken pizza is it must be cooked over a wood fire. If you just bake it in an oven, it's weak.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Discö Rice

Slot ovens work just as well as any wood fire, in fact one could argue that they're more consistent. Stay away from the convection ovens. That's where the dough tends to end up tasting like an oven mitt.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Lumpy

I hate BBQ pizza. I've only had two slices of pizza that I couldn't finish* - one was BBQ, and the other was a Ranch dressing slice.

* even terrible pizza is still edible.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

demon gal

Quote from: GodShifter on October 26, 2011, 10:39:03 AM
I like BBQ Chicken pizza. It's awesome. The California Pizza Kitchen's was great. I haven't eaten there in years, so I have no idea what it's like now, but, as I said, it used to be great.

The secret to any BBQ Chicken pizza is it must be cooked over a wood fire. If you just bake it in an oven, it's weak.

Sacrilegious! That's like saying McDonald's is a great burger joint.