Favorite Hot Sauces

Started by The Shocker, October 01, 2011, 05:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

i think he meant the sauce was hot but with a mild hint of tabasco flavor..

Demon Lung

Yeah that is what I meant... It is exactly what I said

Instant Dan

Bought this at the store today, guy in Houston makes this. Says it goes best with Thai, Vietnamese, and Indian but worth trying on the pork carnitas made tonight.

bitter

:D :D

I bet that will burn your tongue and hurt your ears  ;)
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Instant Dan

I actually just tried some right now and it's not as hot as I expected. It's got flavor but doesn't skip out on the burn. I could see this causing some serious assburn if you ingested too much. ;D

libertycaps

There's butthurt and there's BUTTHURT.

No thank you.

mutantcolors

The only ones I swear by that aren't already in here:

I will drink this out of the bottle.

I mix this with some white vinegar and brown sugar for a dip I use on country pork ribs. I call it Dynamite Sauce.

Other than those, El Yucateco, Melinda's, Sambal Olek are all up there. I will eat the Olek by the spoonful.

Mr Neutron

i had some of this the other night:

woulda been really good with a pork loin, or similar.
"Where words fail, music speaks."

GodShifter

Quote from: mutantcolors on March 19, 2012, 08:06:39 PM
The only ones I swear by that aren't already in here:

I will drink this out of the bottle.

With no hyperbole whatsoever, that stuff is the hot sauce of my childhood. My father, back before the days of the internet, would mail order the company for cases of that stuff for my mother's home cooked Mexican dishes. It wasn't available here in Texas, so he always had to go out of his way to find it and he would. He swore by the stuff.

RAGER

i always have El Pato on hand
No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

Just got this for $2. Not saying it's a favorite, but I'm still sweating. I was a runny nosed mess a few minutes ago. Good stuff.

http://www.hotsauce.com/Pain-is-Good-37-Honey-Habanero-Wing-Sauce-p/3749.htm

Instant Dan

Quote from: Instant Dan on March 17, 2012, 06:52:32 PM
I actually just tried some right now and it's not as hot as I expected. It's got flavor but doesn't skip out on the burn. I could see this causing some serious assburn if you ingested too much. ;D

I have become addicted to this shit. They say it works best with Thai, Indian, and Vietnamese but I think the Habanero and Chile de Arbol's work best with eggs and Tex-Mex/Mexican.

This works better with Thai and Vietnamese.

Mr Neutron

Ive got a bottle of this coming soon. The girl on the label is a very good friend of mine, and is now in remission. The sauce is made by her uncle, and all proceeds go to help her pay her medical bills.

I apologize for the spam.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMBERLEY-DENZELS-Cancer-Killer-Bhut-Jolokia-Ghost-Chili-Hot-Sauce-NEW-/150807683895?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item231cd6a337
"Where words fail, music speaks."

bitter

This is my current favorite. I don't like super spicy food, but a little kick is always nice. I think this brand is pretty similar to the original Louisiana hot sauce, but tastes a little less bitter to me.

RAGER

I've seen the brand around but hadn't try the sauce until now.  I like it.  They have a couple others too.

No Focus Pocus

juggernaut

Technically this isn't a hot sauce but they just opened a Potbelly (sandwich shop) near me and they make a pretty fucking good sandwich.  They have these hot peppers (peppers, carrots, celery etc) they put on there that just make the sandwich.  I found out you can buy them separately and picked up a jar.  Goddamn they are spicy but just the right amount. I find myself putting them on everything now.

mortlock

Quote from: juggernaut on June 07, 2012, 04:17:26 PM
Technically this isn't a hot sauce but they just opened a Potbelly (sandwich shop) near me and they make a pretty fucking good sandwich.  They have these hot peppers (peppers, carrots, celery etc) they put on there that just make the sandwich.  I found out you can buy them separately and picked up a jar.  Goddamn they are spicy but just the right amount. I find myself putting them on everything now.

hell yeah..healthy too. where the fuck are you that you call a deli a potbelly??

I,Galactus

Quote from: mortlock on June 07, 2012, 09:29:19 PM
hell yeah..healthy too. where the fuck are you that you call a deli a potbelly??
I think he means one of these places.  http://www.potbelly.com/   ???

I love the flavor combo of hot and pickled.  Need to find a jar of these:

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

mortlock

ha..that place looks good. id go there..

Lumpy

That's 'hot giardinara' a lot of italian sandwich shops will have that. Bunch of chopped vegetables marinating in oil/vinegar with hot peppers. Great on an italian hero or italian beef sandwich.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

juggernaut

Quote from: Lumpy on June 07, 2012, 10:34:08 PM
That's 'hot giardinara' a lot of italian sandwich shops will have that. Bunch of chopped vegetables marinating in oil/vinegar with hot peppers. Great on an italian hero or italian beef sandwich.

Yep, giardinara.  That's the name I was searching for but couldn't remember.  So damn good.

And yeah Mortlock, Potbelly is a chain not just a generic deli.  Pretty good for a chain too although given my new health kick it means that it's a once in a while thing. 

Instant Dan

One of my new favorites. Affordable ($3 after tax), made in Tejas, and plenty of kick.

bitter

I'm liking this sriracha sauce. been putting it on ramen and it's got some decent burn.

James1214

Quote from: I,Galactus on June 07, 2012, 09:48:07 PM
Quote from: mortlock on June 07, 2012, 09:29:19 PM
I think he means one of these places.  http://www.potbelly.com/   ???

I love the flavor combo of hot and pickled.  Need to find a jar of these:

i picked up a jar of these just the other day, surprisingly spicy. i usually find mass market "spicy" to be on the mild side to me.
words

MadJohnShaft

Potbelly you say?  The horror.

There must be a wide swing in sensitivity to capsaicin, I can't imagine one is enjoying very hot things so much as just catching up to those of us that are overly sensitive to it. 
Some days chickens, some days feathers